Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Battery Tender $39.99 & $74.99 (20% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2020 7:27 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
38 posts
37 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Battery Tender $39.99 & $74.99 (20% off)

Saw these at Canadian Tire today. Great price to trickle charger your motorcycle for the winter.

Battery Tender Junior 0.75A Maintainer.
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0111940

Battery Tender Plus 1.25A Charger/Maintainer.
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0111941
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 15th, 2020 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field wasn't linking properly
65 replies
Jun 24, 2009
82 posts
34 upvotes
toronto
Thanks for sharing. I don't own a motorcycle but I will someday.
Jan 31, 2007
431 posts
234 upvotes
These are ok but if you want something that also charges your car battery suggest you go to a Noco5 or above. Not much more money compared to the $80 BT 1.25A
Nov 15, 2007
143 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
I've got one of these and I use it to keep my battery charged on my car considering that I'm not driving much these days...
Jun 10, 2020
166 posts
112 upvotes
Ignore the previous poster -- these are very well-regarded and will trickle-charge your car battery too. You don't have to buy into the gray Noco-hype.

I'd also note though that this price is typical CanTire sale price on these.. Happens usually every 2-3 months. Otherwise you're paying usual CanTire markup. Know your product you're interested in (and it's price-flux) and you're set!
Oct 16, 2011
276 posts
171 upvotes
I live in an apartment and only have access to a plug in the garage for short periods of time, does this need to be plugged in all the time? Or can I top up my battery periodically with this?
Aug 14, 2019
799 posts
385 upvotes
Is there a video on how to use this junior battery tender?
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
38 posts
37 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: Is there a video on how to use this junior battery tender?
I found this review to be very helpful for the junior battery tender. It doesn't show you how to install it but it explains what needs to be done and what to expect.

Aug 14, 2019
799 posts
385 upvotes
rikeelau wrote: I found this review to be very helpful for the junior battery tender. It doesn't show you how to install it but it explains what needs to be done and what to expect.

That's an informative video. I was looking for a device that will hold the vehicle's computer including idle and radio and more settings while I clean my and recondition my vehicle battery. I'm not sure if this accessory is right for that job.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14585 posts
7489 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Temujin1 wrote: These are ok but if you want something that also charges your car battery suggest you go to a Noco5 or above. Not much more money compared to the $80 BT 1.25A
Both Battery Tenders will charge a car battery as well... they will just do it slower if the battery is close to empty. If used regularly to top off the battery, the charge times between these Battery Tenders and something like a Noco5 isn't that much different.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14585 posts
7489 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
SillyRabbit wrote: I live in an apartment and only have access to a plug in the garage for short periods of time, does this need to be plugged in all the time? Or can I top up my battery periodically with this?
It doesn't need to be plugged in all of the time. However, these are slow chargers so for the first charge (typically the longest as the battery hasn't been charged fully for a while), the charge time might be a day or three of continuous charging and then only 2 to 3 hours every few to several weeks afterwards depending on how much you drive.

For the first charge, you can charge it for a few hours at a time over multiple times so that the total amount of time equals or greater than 24 to 48 hours depending on how empty the battery is.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14585 posts
7489 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
sheyenne wrote: That's an informative video. I was looking for a device that will hold the vehicle's computer including idle and radio and more settings while I clean my and recondition my vehicle battery. I'm not sure if this accessory is right for that job.
It may not be as most new chargers need to be able to detect the battery before it will supply 12 V.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14585 posts
7489 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
redkulat wrote: I'm thinking of putting one of my cars on just parking insurance.and was thinking of getting something like this to maintain the battery.
You can do that but the main reason for one of these is to keep the battery in a condition where you can just start up and go. If you aren't planning to be able to just start up and go (hence the parking insurance), I would suggest the following:

1. Disconnect the battery.
2. Do some preventative maintenance on the battery - remove the battery, clean the exterior of the battery, if the battery fluid can be checked and filled, do it, and then charge the battery with an external charger and leave it disconnected once charged. Then charge the battery every month or so for a few hours (yep that's all it will take a few hours). When you want to use the car again, just coat the terminals with a thin coat of electric grease, and reinstall. You'll use a whole lot less electricity by only charging the battery a few hours a month than leaving it plugged in AND reduce the risk of fire. While not at all common, these types of chargers, in general, have been known to malfunction and end up overcharging the battery or may even short out.

Alternatively, if you don't want to disconnect the battery, you can plug the Battery Tender into a weekly appliance/light timer and set it to run for a few hours per week while being off for the rest of the week.
Jan 31, 2007
431 posts
234 upvotes
Charge your battery from dead in the winter and tell then tell me how much you like your 0.75A trickle charger.

I’m just saying that if you can afford it buy a higher A rating. It doesn’t have to be a Noco.