Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Bikes (kids & adult= 43.93 & 264.93)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2020 7:08 pm
[OP]
Oct 27, 2014
119 posts
190 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Canadian Tire] Bikes (kids & adult= 43.93 & 264.93)

If you are one of those people who likes to get things done ahead of time and you are looking for a bike for this summer, here are the links -
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/luca ... 1160p.html
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ccm- ... 1714p.html

There is not much stock left, but there is still some availability. For those who like strocktrack here are the links -
Kids : https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0711160
Adult : https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0711714

I recall walmart having kids bike for $58 being a good deal, so a a starwars bike for $44, should spark some interest.
I can see the adult bike being for $325 back in 2018 (yeah, I know, time machine) : https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/equip ... 27-5-in-8/
But considering that Canadian Tire inflates the prices by 100% and offers 50% discount, this by itself is not that unusual. However now we are two years later and the price is $60 cheaper, seems to be cheap.

I do not know anything about the quality of these so no advice about that.
15 replies
Feb 7, 2020
173 posts
150 upvotes
Thanks! Looking for a way to get my fat ass back into shape this summer. Too much red flag sweet deals. I'm looking at you m&m and Nutella.
“You'd be surprised how expensive it costs to look this cheap.”
― Steven Tyler
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1871 posts
4147 upvotes
Anyone know how this compares to the Northrock Costco bikes? 60% off seems like a pretty good deal!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2217 posts
1265 upvotes
Montreal
Jimclark wrote: Thanks! Looking for a way to get my fat ass back into shape this summer. Too much red flag sweet deals. I'm looking at you m&m and Nutella.
Good luck getting in shape in that StarWars bike.
Nov 25, 2014
473 posts
518 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jimclark wrote: Thanks! Looking for a way to get my fat ass back into shape this summer. Too much red flag sweet deals. I'm looking at you m&m and Nutella.
Only them? I was looking at all the SKIP THE DISHES coupons and discounts that was available all winter.. :)
Sep 4, 2016
266 posts
364 upvotes
williamsauga wrote: Good luck getting in shape in that StarWars bike.
Haha, I love it when I hear people spending thousands to shave a few pounds from their bikes, so they can go faster....and burn less cal per km......lol. the best bike to get in shape is any bike you have. Pedal your ass and you'll lose weight
Feb 7, 2020
173 posts
150 upvotes
LOL! RIGHT?
“You'd be surprised how expensive it costs to look this cheap.”
― Steven Tyler
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3434 posts
5443 upvotes
GTA North
One thing to check on is when they assemble the bikes to make sure the headset is properly tight.

After the bike is assembled ask them to double check the headset with thier tools.

The headset holds your handle bar and brakes. If the headset is loose or loosens quickly by not having it tightened up right (sometimes the guys just give a quick snug up on the assembling to save time as IIRC they are paid by unit assembled) means you can lose control of your steering. Not to mention it is rather difficult to use the brakes when they are rotated down while you panic if you are going downhill if that happens to you. Never happened to me .. *knock on wood, knock knock* but I know that happened to some people.

You can do a quick rough 'true' (straighten wheel/rim) check by holding the handle bars and spinning the wheel while applying slight pressure to the brakes but not pressing the brakes on the rim to stop it. You want to float the brakes on top of the rims. If there is any qraping (untruing) of the wheel you can see that quickly. You could also flip the bike upside down and look in the middle of the wheel while spinning it to check as well.

I am no expert in this field but I have been riding for a couple decades and got more into biking the last decade and a half.

Some advise I can give is if you buy a bike to use also buy a helmet. If you are only riding to the grocery store twice a week then pick any helmet that is cheapest and design. If you plan on using the bike daily to get to school/work/transportation then you may want to spend a little more time looking at different helmet designs and styles and spend a bit.more money as it is something you will be using daily and for a while.

I highly recommend getting bike lights if you will be riding at night or get caught out at night or riding during the day time. The lights catch the drivers eyes quickly and sometimes a driver my be tired or distracted with stuff in the car or environmental haze outside or colors blending into the background and your lights can set you apart and draw attention to where you are.

Understand that reflectors require the light to shine at the right angle for them to work at thier best which is why you SHOULD NOT rely on reflectors. Bike lights have dropped a lot in pricing over the years. I remember lighting many decades ago with dynamos and I dabbled in DIY bike lighting in the mid 2000's. We have products now that have the brightness of some of the cutting edge LEDs back in 2005 for only a few dollars. Hell......dollarama a few years ago sold the same set of USB recharagable Bell brand front/rear combo bike light for $4 when Walmart was selling it for around $25ish or in the $20's as I bought mine at Wally's then, then found out later Dollarama sold them.

Heck if you even want to save more money then buy it off www dot dealextreme dot com (I don't work for them or get kicks backs but bought for a few years LEDs and pre made flashlight circiuts for quick and easy DIY builds) for your own DIY or premade lighting.

Also understand when it comes to lighting it is in two categories: 'BE SEEN' and 'TO SEE'.

What that means is BE SEEN lighting is designed to give a 180 degree bright lighting so cars/bikes/people can see you from all the front or back angles. It is not lighting to ride at speed with to see the ground in front of you.

Now TO SEE lighting is just as it means. It is a headlight that throws light downrange to allowing you to see (pending how bright a light you buy and fast you are biking) and react to things in the way in 2-5seconds. Headlights can be as simple and rubber banding a maglight to the helmet or get flashlight mounts for the bike or go dedicated headlights. Can cost $5.00 to $800 (like Lupine LEDs or aka the ferreri of bike lights to crazy DIY's like some guy in IIRC Toronto with a dual HID with custom lipo battery pumping out over 6000+ raw lumens or pretty much turning night into day or to the normal folk a freight train)

Lastly so ething g to consider when buying a bike lock. Think about how much you like the bike and value it but understand nothing is undefeatable. Any determined thief or pro thief will get your bike. Your lock will only slow them down and buy you detection time by any passersby or you seeing them.

There is an old saying for long time riders and it goes:

"A bike and the lock should should equal 40lbs"

What that means is if your bike is 20lbs then make sure your lock is 20lbs for protection. Lighter the bike heavier the lock if you really love your bike. Also two different bike locks. Ulock for your main lock and a cable lock as your secondary. The thief will need to different attack methods to defeat both locks. The more difficult you make it for a thief the more likely a casual thief will pass your bike for easier bikes to steal as they want tonbe in and out quickly.

Google up the 'Sheldon Brown lock method'.

Also for anyone wanting to learn to fix thier bikes I recommend looking on Sheldon Browns webpage. He was the legendary bike guru that put everything on the web that but sadly passed away years ago. His site is still on the web to help others.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Mar 2, 2014
172 posts
935 upvotes
Halifax
Wicked deal on the kids bike, I would highly recommend a used bike/ Costco Northrock XC 27 since it is well worth the extra $100-200 in the long and short term.
Few things i can point out:
1. The strut/shocks are bad in the CT bike, no adjustment, no preload. for a cheap buy, get the bike with SR Suntour shocks - used or costco northrock
2. The handlebar stem - looks heavy and less sturdy on the CT bike
3. CT bike frame seems to be steel and if you are a newbie biker, will feel the weight compared to a 6061 aluminum frame
4. The saddle looks terrible and the shaft looks like heavy steel too
5. the gear mechanisms seem like paper thin steel.

The only good components on the CT bike are probably the Shimano v brakes i guess.
If you get a good bike, you will enjoy biking, get a bad bike and you'll never use it again.
Not discrediting OP's post, but just throwing in my 2 cents as a year around biker (i personally have the XC29 and love it $1000 bike features for $400ish lol)
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2555 posts
2367 upvotes
Vancouver
Bottom of the barrel shifters and derailleurs are going to cause a lot more pain than worth.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3938 posts
2915 upvotes
Toronto
If you are looking for kids bikes, TRU are clearing thier assembled/floor model bikes right now as well...I seen in the $40-70 range 12" up to size 20". I'm not sure if clearance pricing (yellow tag) are store specific or nation wide. I saw them at Dufferin Mall.
Would have bought but I got bikes from last year's $40 Walmart clearances.
Mar 2, 2011
434 posts
79 upvotes
Gloucester
Fightguard wrote: If you are looking for kids bikes, TRU are clearing thier assembled/floor model bikes right now as well...I seen in the $40-70 range 12" up to size 20". I'm not sure if clearance pricing (yellow tag) are store specific or nation wide. I saw them at Dufferin Mall.
Would have bought but I got bikes from last year's $40 Walmart clearances.
When do these walmart clearances happen?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17343 posts
4727 upvotes
I paid $20 for the Lucasfilm Star Wars BB-8 Kids' Bike last Oct or Nov...LOL
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)