• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2019 4:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1392 posts
93 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Black and Decker 2-in-1 Food Processor & Blender

Was looking for a deal on a blender, but also interested in getting a food processor. Stepped into a Canadian Tire yesterday to see if there were any unadvertised deals. ALWAYS weary of buying things at Canadian Tire given their crap policies and fake pricing, but came across this 2-in-1 Food Processor and Blender unit from Black and Decker:
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/blac ... 1376p.html

Couldn't find many reviews on it, and the model doesn't seem to be available anywhere else, but looks like a decent deal for a unit that does both. Website lists as a 500w unit, but box says it's 600w. Comes with a blender jar, in addition to the Food Processor jar and accessories. 2 year warranty.

Any experience with this unit?
Images
  • IMG_3115.JPG
  • IMG_3116.JPG
6 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1392 posts
93 upvotes
Thanks for the feedback. Haven't tried it yet. Seems like this model is only available at CT.
Mar 4, 2007
671 posts
646 upvotes
Halifax
Lol at the single 1 star review that it stopped working the second time. Folks: if a food processor "suddenly stops working" 90% of the time one of the safety features isnt fully engaged and it will not work by default. This has happened to me as well and some googling saved the day.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1392 posts
93 upvotes
cheruboo wrote: Lol at the single 1 star review that it stopped working the second time. Folks: if a food processor "suddenly stops working" 90% of the time one of the safety features isnt fully engaged and it will not work by default. This has happened to me as well and some googling saved the day.
Good to know, thanks for the tip!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1392 posts
93 upvotes
cheruboo wrote: It also seems to be something along the lines of this being sold on Amazon for $59 (this one is only 8 cup capacity)

https://www.amazon.ca/DECKER-Processor- ... way&sr=8-3
That does indeed look very similar, although smaller like you mentioned, and without the blender attachment.

Would much rather buy from Amazon or really anywhere else If I could find it... haven't opened mine yet but really anxious about CT and their terrible return policy.