Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Black&Decker 20V Drill with 100 piece drill bits - $79.99!! ($100 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2020 3:19 pm
[OP]
Jul 28, 2009
148 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] Black&Decker 20V Drill with 100 piece drill bits - $79.99!! ($100 off)

Hi guys, didn’t see anybody post this deal or if they did the I’m blind.

Canadian tire retails it regularly for $179.99. Amazon price average is consistently over $135-$145 ish and last time it was $79.99 was April 2019.

Canadian tire had this same sale last year for this kit for $69.99 but now a $10 inflation rate I’m guessing.

Anyway, good deal overall for those DIY home fix ups. The 100 piece bits is a bit excessive but hey beats having to buy it separately.

Good ratings overall for the drill 4/5. Obviously I ain’t a drill expert, just a home owner. No hate please.
6 replies
Dec 31, 2012
39 posts
133 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I have this exact set, and have used it intermittently as a home owner over the last 2 years.
For home repairs, this has been invaluable, and all the bits ended up being surprisingly useful, having an older house.

Most recently I used it to punch a hole through an aluminum exterior door to install an exterior lock - it definitely didn't like me that time, and I did have to stop as the motor was getting hot to the touch, but it completed what I needed perfectly.
[OP]
Jul 28, 2009
148 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Abhitha wrote: I have this exact set, and have used it intermittently as a home owner over the last 2 years.
For home repairs, this has been invaluable, and all the bits ended up being surprisingly useful, having an older house.

Most recently I used it to punch a hole through an aluminum exterior door to install an exterior lock - it definitely didn't like me that time, and I did have to stop as the motor was getting hot to the touch, but it completed what I needed perfectly.
Was it ok to drill through baseboards and regular wooden doors?
Oct 31, 2013
613 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
This is not a good deal at all. Usually the set with the drill and impact driver comes around 100 dollars
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
[OP]
Jul 28, 2009
148 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
psxcheater wrote: This is not a good deal at all. Usually the set with the drill and impact driver comes around 100 dollars
show me? I don't see a black&decker drill/impact driver set with 100 piece bits. Also like i said in the first post, this is a solution for a homeowner doing small fix ups.
Dec 31, 2012
39 posts
133 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
xchococatx wrote: Was it ok to drill through baseboards and regular wooden doors?
Baseboard and regular doors wouldn't be an issue.
Nov 24, 2018
651 posts
687 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Just wait for black friday, this is an brush motor with quite low speed 800rpm. Pay 20$ more you would get dewalt and similar with brush.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.