Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Bluehive 8,000 mAh Power Bank with Battery Charge Indicator, $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2022 11:51 am
[OP]
Feb 21, 2019
105 posts
313 upvotes
GTA

[Canadian Tire] Bluehive 8,000 mAh Power Bank with Battery Charge Indicator, $9.99

The most basic power bank lithium-polymer battery sometimes makes a difference when you have 2% left on your phone.

You can't go wrong at this price! Not superfast, but it offers 2 USB charging ports compact enough to carry in an inner pocket.

8,000 mAh, Not big, but when you are about to run out of juice and can get a full charge, you won't complain. Also The bigger mAh battery just increase in battery size. $9.99
Last edited by BryGuy44 on Nov 30th, 2022 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Telus Winback $45.00/25Gb 5G Unlimited: 5 Family Lines = 125Gb Shared (512Kb After) = Family Discount = $30.00/Line +HST
Freedom Big Gig Unlimited 30Gb + 60 Care $20.00 1 Line = 30Gb (256Kb After) = $20.00/Line + HST
27 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1226 posts
1767 upvotes
it says
Includes micro charging cable and features blue LED power indicator
If that means MicroUSB, you can bet 75%+ of people will be turning this deal down. I'm a little sus that products that use MicroUSB are old-stock too (in case anyone cares about the battery cell age).

The only thing that uses MicroUSB left in my arsenal is my Kindle, and that only needs charging every month or so.

Cheap for stocking stuffers (fires) though!
Temp. Banned
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22932 upvotes
Toronto
Fyi, Bluehive is a Canadian Tire brand

Canadian Tire recognized the emergence of the mobile electronic accessories as a growing business but they did not have a brand in their portfolio to suit the category. This included products such as USB cables, power banks and charging stations. They turned to Jump to develop the brand and packaging that would fulfill this need.

https://www.howhigh.ca/branding-design/bluehive/
https://trademarks.justia.com/880/55/bl ... 55496.html
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2154 posts
15206 upvotes
Old battery cells, slow charging, out-dated ports, Canadian Tire house brand...

This is the textbook definition of "tech junk in our landfills after 6 months"
[OP]
Feb 21, 2019
105 posts
313 upvotes
GTA
The MicroUSB is for charging the battery, while it offers two USB-A for charging your devices.

Sure it would be nice to have USB-C and USB-A, but this is a sub 10.00 charger.

If you have a problem with it at least you can take it back to Cdn Tire to exchange with the 1 year warranty.
Telus Winback $45.00/25Gb 5G Unlimited: 5 Family Lines = 125Gb Shared (512Kb After) = Family Discount = $30.00/Line +HST
Freedom Big Gig Unlimited 30Gb + 60 Care $20.00 1 Line = 30Gb (256Kb After) = $20.00/Line + HST
Dec 27, 2012
201 posts
69 upvotes
BURNABY
Thanks OP. Bought one. For the price, I dont mind if its old tech, slow charge or CT brand; as long as it works.
Jun 15, 2020
351 posts
425 upvotes
Ontario
People in this thread are so entitled, jesus. USB A is not old tech, most people are still using phones that come with USB A cables. Not everyone wants or needs to spend $35+ on a high-speed high-capacity power bank.
[OP]
Feb 21, 2019
105 posts
313 upvotes
GTA
MrBear2019 wrote: People in this thread are so entitled, jesus. USB A is not old tech, most people are still using phones that come with USB A cables. Not everyone wants or needs to spend $35+ on a high-speed high-capacity power bank.
Totally Agreed....🖐️🖐️🖐️
Apr 30, 2004
169 posts
184 upvotes
Ottawa
What is the output rating on the USB A slots? 1A? 2.1A? And whats the max output? I had a charger with 3 plugs that wasn't able to output 3x 2.1A but was 2.1A combined and it caused weird things to show when plugging 3 devices that all needed charging cause it would drop to .7A and a few tablets would pop-up the warning to check your charger due to slow charging conditions at .7A
Feb 25, 2013
66 posts
33 upvotes
Saint-Pascal
What a load of crap Canadian tire is, I get to the store online is showing 70 available and in stock but it's nowhere to be found in the actual store, I even asked a guy working there.
[OP]
Feb 21, 2019
105 posts
313 upvotes
GTA
eldude wrote: What a load of crap Canadian tire is, I get to the store online is showing 70 available and in stock but it's nowhere to be found in the actual store, I even asked a guy working there.
Which location?
Jan 4, 2019
980 posts
1109 upvotes
Lol such negativity. I still have my bluehive portable batteries from 1.5 years ago and they work great.

My "oldest" portable battery that uses the usb people are complaining about is 5 years old. I still use it....

For $10 this sounds like a great deal if you need a pack or stocking stuffer.
Jul 14, 2019
749 posts
1200 upvotes
MrBear2019 wrote: People in this thread are so entitled, jesus. USB A is not old tech....
USB A is over 25 years old. It is objectively very old tech regardless of how its still being utilized.

USB A on the charger side isn't a big deal because the other end of the cable can be whatever you want. If you don't care about slow charging and if you don't need to use your device while it's charging then it doesn't really matter.

The bigger issues with these ultra-cheapo battery banks is their capacities are usually nowhere near what they advertise and their efficiency is usually quite bad.
Last edited by CanadaCPU on Nov 30th, 2022 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 15, 2020
351 posts
425 upvotes
Ontario
CanadaCPU wrote:
USB A is over 25 years old. It is objectively very old tech regardless of how its still being utilized.
Quarter Inch Jacks and 3.55mm Audio Jacks are 4 times as old but they’re still used extensively by even the most expensive audio equipment. Nobody refers to that tech as old unless you’re specifically talking about phones, and even still. Old is a relative term, and USB A is still very much a thing.
Jul 14, 2019
749 posts
1200 upvotes
MrBear2019 wrote: Quarter Inch Jacks and 3.55mm Audio Jacks are 4 times as old but they’re still used extensively by even the most expensive audio equipment. Nobody refers to that tech as old unless you’re specifically talking about phones, and even still. Old is a relative term, and USB A is still very much a thing.
You made the claim that USB A wasn't old tech when it's over 25 years old, that's all I was replying to. Anything "new" uses USB C these days....because USB A is old. It doesn't mean it isn't still in use. Also, plenty of people refer to it as old tech haha - at least in my experience, because it is very old.

A car from the 1930's is old, but if you see someone driving around in one it doesn't make it any less old even though it's being used.

With your audio jack example, there is no widely adopted newer alternative that is superior in every way. The ultra-high end audio/headphone market is also about as niche as it gets. In the case of USB, there are much newer alternatives that are also extremely common and available at virtually all price points.

It doesn't matter that a $10 power bank uses USB-A, but it's extremely old tech.
Jun 15, 2020
351 posts
425 upvotes
Ontario
CanadaCPU wrote: You made the claim that USB A wasn't old tech when it's over 25 years old, that's all I was replying to. Anything "new" uses USB C these days....because USB A is old. It doesn't mean it isn't still in use. Also, plenty of people refer to it as old tech haha - at least in my experience, because it is very old.

A car from the 1930's is old, but if you see someone driving around in one it doesn't make it any less old even though it's being used.

With your audio jack example, there is no widely adopted newer alternative that is superior in every way. The ultra-high end audio/headphone market is also about as niche as it gets. In the case of USB, there are much newer alternatives that are also extremely common and available at virtually all price points.
Fair enough! Old and obsolete aren’t the same terms, I should’ve used obsolete. USB A is old but not obsolete, was my point.
May 6, 2014
176 posts
442 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Reg price $50
Don't drink the tap water
Jul 14, 2019
749 posts
1200 upvotes
Skillshot wrote: Reg price $50
The #1 rule with Canadian Tire is that nobody ever pays regular price haha. If you see something you like there, wait for the inevitable 50-80% off sale where the price is reduced to what should be the MSRP. They play the same games as many other stores in that regard and basically operate on a perpetual sales model with ultra-deep discounts.

Comparable 8000mAh power banks are ~$14 any day of the week on Amazon, which gives you an idea of what this item should be priced at. Nobody is paying $50 for an old 8000 mAh power bank. You can get 20,000 mAh high quality triple port USB-C PD fast charging banks with LED displays for $35.

I have this one and it's very good (currently $37):

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07YPS ... UTF8&psc=1
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1538 posts
1123 upvotes
Montreal
eldude wrote: What a load of crap Canadian tire is, I get to the store online is showing 70 available and in stock but it's nowhere to be found in the actual store, I even asked a guy working there.
If you go on the website and choose your location it will give you the aisle. I'm usually in and out.
Nov 11, 2003
342 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
Kazushi wrote: it says

If that means MicroUSB, you can bet 75%+ of people will be turning this deal down. I'm a little sus that products that use MicroUSB are old-stock too (in case anyone cares about the battery cell age).

The only thing that uses MicroUSB left in my arsenal is my Kindle, and that only needs charging every month or so.

Cheap for stocking stuffers (fires) though!
Bought this adapter from ebay, turns my old microusb cables into typec cables instantly, 75 cents/each if you buy two, 50 cents/each if you buy five or more.
Capture.JPG

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)