Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Bluehive wireless charging pad $2.93

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2023 8:23 pm
Jun 21, 2008
956 posts
435 upvotes
mississauga
does this work with iphones, never mind it does
Jun 21, 2008
956 posts
435 upvotes
mississauga
tew wrote: Yeah, there's some near me but I'm not going to waste the gas to pick them up with such terrible reviews.

Sure until it stops working in a week or it's DOA and they return it for a refund and find out you only spent 5 bucks.
live dangerously once in a while
Jun 21, 2008
956 posts
435 upvotes
mississauga
saw some in brampton but price inflated to 7.93 with 6 dollar delivery on top
Nov 18, 2022
56 posts
157 upvotes
Anker $12.99 free delivery on amazon, no sale
Feb 23, 2006
144 posts
305 upvotes
Montreal
keep in mind, shipping is $6.99 (in the area) if u can find stock and have access to someone in the area.

this would come out to about $10 which is warmish.
Dec 3, 2018
530 posts
1114 upvotes
lol no. I know the risk is low but phones are so expensive these days it's just not worth it to cheap out on charger that ends up damaging it.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38177 posts
24361 upvotes
Center of Universe
stingyshopper wrote: lol no. I know the risk is low but phones are so expensive these days it's just not worth it to cheap out on charger that ends up damaging it.
Fact checked? Or your opinion?
Dec 3, 2018
530 posts
1114 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Fact checked? Or your opinion?
ok whatever. It's the internet so if you search you will probably find articles and "research" that prove either side but it's generally accepted that some chargers are very basically engineered with cheap and/or lower quality components and offer little to no safeguards/protection while other chargers are over-engineered built with quality parts and safeguards/protection built in. If anyone wants to open up their Bluehive charging pad and post some picts of the electronics there will bonus points awarded if it actually has "Bluehive" etched on the PCB (or "Canadian Tire" lol)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38177 posts
24361 upvotes
Center of Universe
stingyshopper wrote: ok whatever. It's the internet so if you search you will probably find articles and "research" that prove either side but it's generally accepted that some chargers are very basically engineered with cheap and/or lower quality components and offer little to no safeguards/protection while other chargers are over-engineered built with quality parts and safeguards/protection built in. If anyone wants to open up their Bluehive charging pad and post some picts of the electronics there will bonus points awarded if it actually has "Bluehive" etched on the PCB (or "Canadian Tire" lol)
FUD…
Dec 3, 2018
530 posts
1114 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: FUD…
The writings on the wall, or in the reviews for that matter. 50% of the reviews are 1-star with most/all saying the charger stopped working. I'm not an electrical engineer but if you read up on wireless charging you'll find out that heat is wireless chargings' worst enemy. If the heat generated isn't properly managed if can a) burn out the charger b) reduce the longevity of the phones battery. As for these Bluehive ones where in the reviews half of reviewers said it stopped working, I'm guessing it got too hot and burned out a component on the PCB. This is why some (usually higher-end) wireless chargers have fans built-in.

More bonus points awarded if someone opens up their Bluehive wireless charging pad to find it has tiny micro fans in it! Face With Tears Of Joy

Heck, 1 bonus point if even says "Bluehive" on the sticker on the bottom of the unit. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Nov 18, 2022
56 posts
157 upvotes
stingyshopper wrote: The writings on the wall, or in the reviews for that matter. 50% of the reviews are 1-star with most/all saying the charger stopped working. I'm not an electrical engineer but if you read up on wireless charging you'll find out that heat is wireless chargings' worst enemy. If the heat generated isn't properly managed if can a) burn out the charger b) reduce the longevity of the phones battery. As for these Bluehive ones where in the reviews half of reviewers said it stopped working, I'm guessing it got too hot and burned out a component on the PCB. This is why some (usually higher-end) wireless chargers have fans built-in.

More bonus points awarded if someone opens up their Bluehive wireless charging pad to find it has tiny micro fans in it! Face With Tears Of Joy

Heck, 1 bonus point if even says "Bluehive" on the sticker on the bottom of the unit. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

You should read the 1-Star review of the Apple MagSafe charger
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2580 posts
3643 upvotes
GTA
I got one of these almost 2 years ago. Still works.

I don't really use it anymore because I found out that using a wireless charger with my iPhone 12 Mini isn't a good idea.
It caused the battery to basically to die (80% capacity) after 1 year; I guess it heats it up too much given the small size of the battery and phone.
Battery replaced and a year later it's at 90% (occasional magsafe battery, normally just lightning cable).
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3518 posts
999 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
I'm of the opinion that half of the people that post bad reviews on wireless chargers don't know how to use them. they don't center the phone or they have a metal magentic sticker on the back or have a super puffy case, etc.

But i have no proof that this particular one is any good either.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
2327 posts
2051 upvotes
Ottawa
karlb wrote: I got one of these almost 2 years ago. Still works.

I don't really use it anymore because I found out that using a wireless charger with my iPhone 12 Mini isn't a good idea.
It caused the battery to basically to die (80% capacity) after 1 year; I guess it heats it up too much given the small size of the battery and phone.
Battery replaced and a year later it's at 90% (occasional magsafe battery, normally just lightning cable).
Nah sometimes you just get a bad battery. My iPhone 12 mini is just coming up over a year old and battery life is 84% :( only used 20w iPad charger for it no wireless. Until today when I got this $3 charger lol. Seems to work fine
May 5, 2017
583 posts
243 upvotes
This is YMMV... 19.99 in the store closest to me
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2012
5122 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
I have a couple of Bluehive products and they seem quite good. I bought a stand up wireless charger for like $15 and an 8000ma power bank for like 8.99, both on clearance.

Would never pay full price for the stuff!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)