Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Bosch GLL40-20G Green Self-Levelling Laser Level - $99 (in-store clearance as low as $65, Major YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2022 11:23 pm
Aug 26, 2019
43 posts
102 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Bosch GLL40-20G Green Self-Levelling Laser Level - $99 (in-store clearance as low as $65, Major YMMV)

Stock Track Link: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=3994947

Found this laser level in a Canadian Tire on whim, on clearance for $65 in Port Elgin, last one. Stock track shows $99 is the more popular price in the GTA. Per usual, I didn't have an intended purpose for it, but there are lots of scenarios where this thing comes in great handy.

Comes with articulating mount and protective bag.
Images
  • laserlevelreceipt.jpg
  • 301593982_843267970377169_2077100975920965709_n.jpg
16 replies
Jul 16, 2007
140 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
thanks op. snagged the last one in montreal east. lets see if they cancel the order
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2004
1052 posts
483 upvotes
What would be useful is a self leveling laser level where the horizontal line can be adjusted to be level but raised +30 degrees or so. I find that for hanging sets of pictures that I need to put the leveller on a step ladder and then raise the level by putting books or other objects under the leveler to raise it to the precise height of the floor. I have a tripod but the tripod only reaches 5' in height and I really don't want to get another tripod for just this one scenario.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2016
1235 posts
4268 upvotes
growler wrote: What would be useful is a self leveling laser level where the horizontal line can be adjusted to be level but raised +30 degrees or so. I find that for hanging sets of pictures that I need to put the leveller on a step ladder and then raise the level by putting books or other objects under the leveler to raise it to the precise height of the floor. I have a tripod but the tripod only reaches 5' in height and I really don't want to get another tripod for just this one scenario.
Yeah, I was wondering about this too. I got a Huepar self leveling and was quite disappointed since if you tilt it up it stops leveling. Makes it not so useful for hanging paintings and stuff.
Banned
Sep 11, 2013
314 posts
350 upvotes
Vaughan
growler wrote: What would be useful is a self leveling laser level where the horizontal line can be adjusted to be level but raised +30 degrees or so. I find that for hanging sets of pictures that I need to put the leveller on a step ladder and then raise the level by putting books or other objects under the leveler to raise it to the precise height of the floor. I have a tripod but the tripod only reaches 5' in height and I really don't want to get another tripod for just this one scenario.
Why not use a measuring tape? You're making your life very complicated.
Nov 5, 2018
845 posts
1009 upvotes
edge1986 wrote: Why not use a measuring tape? You're making your life very complicated.
You mean reference off of the leveled laser and mark with a meaureing tape?

It'll just be easier a remove a step and any error in transcribing measurements from the leveled laser.
Banned
Sep 11, 2013
314 posts
350 upvotes
Vaughan
Ferinthu1 wrote: You mean reference off of the leveled laser and mark with a meaureing tape?

It'll just be easier a remove a step and any error in transcribing measurements from the leveled laser.
No... Ditch the laser level and use a measuring tape.
Apr 26, 2007
40 posts
156 upvotes
edge1986 wrote: No... Ditch the laser level and use a measuring tape.
I think you're missing the point of a level in the first place. The idea is to make sure that you are placing/hanging an object so that it is perfectly straight regardless of its relation to the ground or walls around it (which may or may not be level due to various reasons). Using measuring tape will ensure that your object is parallel to the ground, but it won't ensure that your object is level.
Nov 5, 2018
845 posts
1009 upvotes
alexinflames wrote: I think you're missing the point of a level in the first place. The idea is to make sure that you are placing/hanging an object so that it is perfectly straight regardless of its relation to the ground or walls around it (which may or may not be level due to various reasons). Using measuring tape will ensure that your object is parallel to the ground, but it won't ensure that your object is level.
Couldnt have said it better myself. I havent seen a perfectly leveled we or floor before in my life.
Banned
Sep 11, 2013
314 posts
350 upvotes
Vaughan
alexinflames wrote: I think you're missing the point of a level in the first place. The idea is to make sure that you are placing/hanging an object so that it is perfectly straight regardless of its relation to the ground or walls around it (which may or may not be level due to various reasons). Using measuring tape will ensure that your object is parallel to the ground, but it won't ensure that your object is level.
If the floor or ceiling isn't level then you're going to having a picture frame leveled will show more than having it square to a reference point like a ceiling.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2004
1052 posts
483 upvotes
One other reason I like to use a laser leveler when putting up pictures is that you don't need to mark the wall with say a pencil. That's okay if it's a typical painted wall where you can take an eraser to it, but if it's textured wall paper or for some people, silk like material, it's a no go to mark the wall.

I have the red laser version of this Bosch unit. Handy to have when I needed to frame a new doorway in a hallway in a 40 year old house. Made the layout so much easier because I could ensure everything was square and I could more easily visualize where intersecting walls would be by using the laser to project across the hallway.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1437 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto, ON
growler wrote: I have a tripod but the tripod only reaches 5' in height and I really don't want to get another tripod for just this one scenario.
Most don't know that you can actually use your regular Tripod. I have my photography gear and the 60" Tripod works awesome.

To give you a perspective on how powerful this item is.

• My wife wanted to buy Two - 60" x 40" wall decor and wanted to line them up and trust me it was no joke and it took hours of work just to line them up and at each given day, it would be out of alignment. So I had to step up my game...
  • I had some alignment issues in my garage opener, which the Dewalt Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser Level came in very handy. Work Smarter ... .
One of the happiest moments in life . . .
"is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change"
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
edge1986 wrote: If the floor or ceiling isn't level then you're going to having a picture frame leveled will show more than having it square to a reference point like a ceiling.
I think the primary use of these things are not hanging picture frames.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3213 posts
3155 upvotes
terrible buy. I have a LOT of reno experience. and I guarantee that your money is better spent on a 3 x 360 (or even 4 x 360) chinese laser
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1518 posts
703 upvotes
Victoria
elfion wrote: terrible buy. I have a LOT of reno experience. and I guarantee that your money is better spent on a 3 x 360 (or even 4 x 360) chinese laser
Do you have any specific recommendations?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3213 posts
3155 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: Do you have any specific recommendations?
Can't go wrong with Huepar. It goes on sale on Amazon and AliExpress sometimes. I have s04cg which is the highest end model, but any 3 planes 360 is fine. Also there are random knock offs you can get cheaper on AliExpress. I have one of those too. Quality is meh but features are nice. Much better to have lower quality 360 than better quality single direction. At least 3 planes is a must have.

PS a quick search on AliExpress showed this 67 USD free shipping. It has 3 planes and it's green (which is also a must have)
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOTlYqs
But I would get set 12, the one with 4 planes and a USB-C charger for 82 USD or at least set 10 with 3 planes and USB-C

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)