Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Bowflex 840 Adjustable Kettlebell [In Stock]

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2020 6:50 pm
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 8, 2011
71 posts
113 upvotes
GTA

[Canadian Tire] Bowflex 840 Adjustable Kettlebell [In Stock]

Not on sale but In stock at multiple CT locations, and today and tomorrow get 20x CT Money or 30x CT Money with your Triangle credit card. If I calculated it correctly, it should be approx. $18.40 and $27.60 back in CT Money, respectively.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3315 posts
2149 upvotes
GTA
Every time I see this come up, I get excited thinking it is adjustable up to 84lb.

(but it's not Disappointed But Relieved Face)
Sr. Member
Apr 17, 2015
536 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I think they've regularly been in stock.. in general
Jr. Member
Apr 11, 2020
178 posts
251 upvotes
N8Magic wrote: Every time I see this come up, I get excited thinking it is adjustable up to 84lb.

(but it's not Disappointed But Relieved Face)
I own this, its great for everything except cleans and snatches. It has to do with the shape of the kettlebell in relation to the handle. When you do a clean/snatch, you can't comfortably keep your wrist locked and straight when gripping the handle. If you try keep it straight, the top edge of the kettlebell near where the turn knob is will dig into the back of your wrist. I've tried lots of times and there's no way to get the kettlebell to come down comfortably with good form.
Member
Nov 23, 2017
219 posts
177 upvotes
Windyt wrote: I own this, its great for everything except cleans and snatches. It has to do with the shape of the kettlebell in relation to the handle. When you do a clean/snatch, you can't comfortably keep your wrist locked and straight when gripping the handle. If you try keep it straight, the top edge of the kettlebell near where the turn knob is will dig into the back of your wrist. I've tried lots of times and there's no way to get the kettlebell to come down comfortably with good form.
That sucks because clean snatches are important.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 2, 2003
16311 posts
2637 upvotes
GTA
N8Magic wrote: Every time I see this come up, I get excited thinking it is adjustable up to 84lb.

(but it's not Disappointed But Relieved Face)
Dealsniffer wrote: Every time I see something like this come up, I get excited thinking you will get excited thinking it may be adjustable up to around 84 lbs
are you guys married or were you housemates or something??
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3315 posts
2149 upvotes
GTA
actng wrote: are you guys married or were you housemates or something??
I do not know that person. Face Screaming In Fear
Member
Dec 27, 2013
347 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
Windyt wrote: I own this, its great for everything except cleans and snatches. It has to do with the shape of the kettlebell in relation to the handle. When you do a clean/snatch, you can't comfortably keep your wrist locked and straight when gripping the handle. If you try keep it straight, the top edge of the kettlebell near where the turn knob is will dig into the back of your wrist. I've tried lots of times and there's no way to get the kettlebell to come down comfortably with good form.
So would you buy it again, or do you find cleans and snatches (I just realized what @ryan0462 did there..lol) are too critical?
Newbie
Dec 28, 2017
56 posts
56 upvotes
I purchased this at sportchek a while back. It seems it keeps coming in and out of stock there. I used gift cards I got from rexall for 15% off (periodic recurring promo often mentioned in rfd). I think I saw another thread on 15% cash back in CT $.

I am super happy with the purchase and have not experienced any issue doing cleans and snatches or any movement for that matter. I am no expert though... so maybe my form isn't perfect.

I also started using an app called kettlebell which I highly recommend. Free version is awesome. Paid version is cheap and unlocks another exercise series and ability to add custom workouts.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... kettlebell

Top