Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Bowflex C7 Exercise Bike - $1499

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2021 11:37 pm
Sr. Member
Feb 5, 2009
911 posts
146 upvotes
smbar13 wrote: That's good not everyone has problems - however, if anyone understands the quality of the hardware to attach things like the pedals etc you will realize how cheap the product is - if you have to replace a pedal in 5 years and you can't do it properly and without problems, that is not worth $1000 when you can get a rogue echo bike for slightly more - and built like a tank

at $599 or $699 might be worth it, at a grand, no way
I’ve had an ic4 since March , I must have got a dud too, clicks , squeaks. This happened after a month of having it. Called their customer care a few times and had parts sent out and had techs come out twice.
Ultimately had to get a replacement bike sent. Haven’t ridden much lately , got lazy, was going back to the office till last month , but now back working from home, so will hop back on when I can to work off the Christmas and COVID weight

I still get exercise from riding it, but I wasn’t impressed that it squeks clicks etc. it looks pretty but the quality is conspicuous.
Newbie
Dec 27, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
Have you tried it out yet? Anyone have any experience with using this bike yet?
Newbie
Dec 27, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
Does anyone have experience using this bike yet? Noticed it has a lighter flywheel vs the bowflex c6 so curious if this impacts performance
Newbie
Dec 1, 2020
79 posts
32 upvotes
My online order got cancelled but the money has been taken out! This is messed up
Newbie
Aug 17, 2013
25 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Thanks OP. I ended up getting one for pickup. It seems that the system may be working better since stores in Toronto are closed to walk ins. I fully expected to have the order cancelled.
Newbie
Dec 29, 2020
11 posts
4 upvotes
I just purchased one in Calgary this morning. Set it up and having issues connecting to Zwift on my iPad. Do you need the JRNY subscription to connect to Zwift. The C7 bike is $100 more than the C6, there has to be a way to connect without the JRNY subscription???
Newbie
Dec 29, 2020
42 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the heads up! I placed an order for a C6 bike back in November* (mistakenly put March in the original message) from Bowflex directly, and it wasn't expected to arrive until February. I was able to score one of these from the Toronto (Eglinton-Laird) CT and set it up yesterday afternoon. My primary objective is to use the bike for Apple Fitness+. Already completed 2 workouts on it and I love it so far. Great bike.
Last edited by departedspaceman on Dec 30th, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Dec 29, 2020
42 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
redwolfpei wrote: I just purchased one in Calgary this morning. Set it up and having issues connecting to Zwift on my iPad. Do you need the JRNY subscription to connect to Zwift. The C7 bike is $100 more than the C6, there has to be a way to connect without the JRNY subscription???
I had to call Bowflex customer service last night after setting mine up because it got stuck on installing firmware. After waiting an hour on hold, they patched me through to the JRNY support team. Turns out, that department is not busy and they gave me the direct number for them to call: 1-888-986-5528

This way, you don't have to wait on hold for support like I did! Good luck! I would like to use Zwift too, just haven't gotten around to setting it up. Let me know what you find out.
Newbie
Dec 29, 2020
1 posts
I just placed my order w Cdn Tire. My C6 is set to ship in February though. I love the screen on this C7 and the ability to connect to Peloton this way. For those that purchased, any reviews on the lesser weighted fly wheel of 10 lbs vs 40 lbs on the C6? Anyone concerned with the 2 yr frame warranty vs 10 on the C6? I wonder if Bowflex hasn't marketed this too much yet for a reason. Just want to feel good about this purchase. TIA.
Last edited by Chimich on Dec 31st, 2020 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Dec 29, 2020
1 posts
Does anyone know if metrics like cadence or heart rate can show up on apps like peloton or Zwift without the need to pay for the JRNY membership? Otherwise this looks like a peloton bike lock with the screen being useless without their membership!
Newbie
Sep 1, 2016
10 posts
2 upvotes
Lots of stock in Vancouver Grandview and just a few left in Vancouver marine drive
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2014
1246 posts
627 upvotes
Montreal QC
djrarebreed wrote: Would I be able to run the peloton app/ service on this bike too ?
Yes it can. It's one of the best alternatives (Bowflex) to the official Peloton bike. You also have the ability to upgrade the warranty to 5 years (+$159), if you call Bowflex customer care and provide them receipt, so long as you do it during the original warranty period before expiration.

Keep note the Bowflex has a high resistance (resistance:100) compared to the Echelon (36? from the current walmart deal) last time I checked, which is a huge plus for people wanting to push themselves on rock climbing/high intensity courses aimed within the 40-65 resistance range average - you can take the intermediate and advanced courses using the Peloton app perfectly fine since Bowflex can handle all resistance levels.
Newbie
Dec 29, 2020
42 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
MontrealBonjour wrote: Yes it can. It's one of the best alternatives (Bowflex) to the official Peloton bike. You also have the ability to upgrade the warranty to 5 years (+$159), if you call Bowflex customer care and provide them receipt, so long as you do it during the original warranty period before expiration.

Keep note the Bowflex has a high resistance (resistance:100) compared to the Echelon (36? from the current walmart deal) last time I checked, which is a huge plus for people wanting to push themselves on rock climbing/high intensity courses aimed within the 40-65 resistance range average - you can take the intermediate and advanced courses using the Peloton app perfectly fine since Bowflex can handle all resistance levels.
Are you sure it's 1 to 1 when comparing resistance?

There's a whole bunch of people that have worked on conversion charts for Peloton and various other bikes, and with it, you can begin to compare resistance between Echelon and Bowflex. What's a little strange about Bowflex is that it's not as linear below 50, but then it matches linearly with Peloton after 50. But as you can see in the below, that Bowflex 100 = Echelon 32, you're just able to fine tune it better.

Peleton. Echelon. Bowflex (C6, can't find C7).
20-25. 6-8. ~7
30-35. 9-11. ~17
40-45. 12-14. ~33
50-55. 15-17. ~49
60-65. 19-20. ~65
70-75. 22-24. ~75
80-85. 25-27. ~85
90-95. 28-31. ~95
100. 32. ~100

~ denotes 'around'
Newbie
Dec 29, 2020
11 posts
4 upvotes
Works just fine with 3rd party apps, spoke with Bowflex App support this afternoon. Just a different way to connect. Very happy with the Bowflex C7!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2012
1053 posts
362 upvotes
Hamilton
Bite the bullet couldn't wait for Schwinn IC4 to come back in stock. Ordered this morning and picked up before noon, paid with Triangle card and had 25x on exercise equipment. $390 in Canadian Tire money.
Newbie
Sep 1, 2016
10 posts
2 upvotes
redwolfpei wrote: Works just fine with 3rd party apps, spoke with Bowflex App support this afternoon. Just a different way to connect. Very happy with the Bowflex C7!!!
I just bought the bike and I’m unable to connext to zwift and peloton. Do you mind sharing how to connect to the third party apps? Thanks.
Newbie
Dec 29, 2020
11 posts
4 upvotes
aeac20 wrote: I just bought the bike and I’m unable to connext to zwift and peloton. Do you mind sharing how to connect to the third party apps? Thanks.
Ok so connecting to the apps are not the same as the C6 but after spending 15 minutes with Bowflex app support he walked me through the setup. You need to go to Programs - and scroll to the bottom. Under Fitness Apps select "Work out with Zwift". You will need to do a self assessment at this point if you haven't already done so. After you perform the assessment, click on "Work out with Zwift". It will then pop up a screen that says "start". Before you click start open up your ipad and select the power source. There is also a Peleton option and a 3rd party program. The bike will now appear. Great value bike, I am very impressed.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
6122 posts
3094 upvotes
Vancouver
smbar13 wrote: People seem to be all over these Schwinn/Bowflex bikes - way too high of a price for cheap quality tbh - the schwinn ic4 bike has given me nothing but problems - squeaking, clicking of the pedals etc - cheap screws, bolts that get cross threaded warped etc, customer service is aware of the issues and they send you free parts all the time but not worth the headaches; especially at $1499 might as well go for a concept rower or a Rogue echo bike at that price but that's my 2 cents if it saves someone the hassle
When I unboxed my IC4, the frame was slightly bent - I contacted CS and they sent me a new frame (essentially a new bike), except I managed to bend the original frame back into shape. So now if anything goes wrong with crank arm, etc. I have a free backup! I did install shimano pedals right off the bat - so far no issues with the bike.
Newbie
Sep 1, 2016
10 posts
2 upvotes
redwolfpei wrote: Ok so connecting to the apps are not the same as the C6 but after spending 15 minutes with Bowflex app support he walked me through the setup. You need to go to Programs - and scroll to the bottom. Under Fitness Apps select "Work out with Zwift". You will need to do a self assessment at this point if you haven't already done so. After you perform the assessment, click on "Work out with Zwift". It will then pop up a screen that says "start". Before you click start open up your ipad and select the power source. There is also a Peleton option and a 3rd party program. The bike will now appear. Great value bike, I am very impressed.
It works for me once but after that, it doesnt want to connect again. Like the zwift app is not able to see the bowflex. Are you able to see bowflex bike under the list of available bluetooth devices or just bowflex speaker? Thanks

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)