Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Bowflex C7 Exercise Bike - $1499

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2021 11:37 pm
Nov 23, 2007
4 posts
2 upvotes
It is not possible to cast the C7 screen on to a TV. I've sent a bunch of requests to their tech support including the following:
1) BT to iOS as an equipment for 3rd party app - they said no
2) Add the C7 into JRNY app on iOS - they said no
3) Cast and mirror the 7" console into a smart TV or a chromcast - they said Yes. It is possible to be developed.
I suggest all C7 users please go ahead and send the Feedback to the BowFlex, so that their App Developers can review it and update their built-in apps and firmware on console.
Dec 29, 2020
42 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
betalover wrote: 1) BT to iOS as an equipment for 3rd party app - they said no
Wow, this one especially sucks.

Thanks for trying!
Jun 27, 2010
76 posts
26 upvotes
Terrace
redwolfpei wrote: The intent was never to show the peleton/zwift apps on the 7" screen. The C7 has the exact same functionality as the C6 with an upgraded LCD. I use an iPad for Peleton and cast to a 50" TV with Chromecast. Works fantastic.
As someone who's completely oblivious, what do you show on the 7" screen then?
Dec 29, 2020
11 posts
4 upvotes
thenew007 wrote: As someone who's completely oblivious, what do you show on the 7" screen then?
Just my bike stats. The very same details the C6 shows. I am not interested in JRNY. I send BT data on the C7 via BT to my iPad - casting to my TV.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13802 posts
7957 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve read lots of complaints with these quality wise, let alone buying from CT which has one of the worst return policies around
Apr 4, 2017
23 posts
3 upvotes
Anyone had issues with the assembly of the handlebars? It seems like it supposed to just slide in. I am not able to slide mine in, there is a plastic insert that is blocking the handle from sliding in smoothly. Is the plastic insert suppose to be there, or was this not removed post manufacturing?

Thanks!
Nov 24, 2013
6 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
DamionG727 wrote: Anyone had issues with the assembly of the handlebars? It seems like it supposed to just slide in. I am not able to slide mine in, there is a plastic insert that is blocking the handle from sliding in smoothly. Is the plastic insert suppose to be there, or was this not removed post manufacturing?

Thanks!

My husband said the same things when assembling the bike. Then after few push, he has it assembled. I hope this will work for you too.
Apr 4, 2017
23 posts
3 upvotes
ccmmyy88 wrote: My husband said the same things when assembling the bike. Then after few push, he has it assembled. I hope this will work for you too.
I've tried pushing and I'd say I've gotten it down a fair bit. I suppose I don't feel that's how it was intended? The knob that is suppose to release the handle bar post is essentially useless as it's not touching the post itself. The plastic insert is preventing it from touching and it's so jammed that it's not easily adjustable. While I would be able to move it up and down, I don't expect that my wife would be able to.

edit - how far down was your husband able to handlebar post? I'm not able to get it past the release knob...
Dec 29, 2020
11 posts
4 upvotes
Swerny wrote: I’ve read lots of complaints with these quality wise, let alone buying from CT which has one of the worst return policies around
Where are you reading all the complaints with quality? I have joined several C6/IC4 FB pages and forums looking for more information on the C7 but it is just too new. I have been using it for 4 days now and aside from the learning curve of connecting to the 3rd party apps it has worked flawlessly. So far, the ride is very smooth.

The BT issue is concerning but likely an easy fix once developers push a software update. Which is pretty common with the rollout of new tech. Others don't like the small screen. My guess is that Bowflex will be pushing the new Velocore models with the larger screens to further compete with Peleton. The C7 seems like an in between "budget" model being offered as their retail version - while still offering the same functionality as the C6 but with an upgraded 7" tablet display. I am looking forward to a real review or better yet a comparison between the C6 and C7.

One last thing I can share, the C6 conversion chart with Peleton doesn't seem accurate for this bike. I will post my findings once I have a few more days riding...
Last edited by redwolfpei on Jan 6th, 2021 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dec 29, 2020
42 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
DamionG727 wrote: I've tried pushing and I'd say I've gotten it down a fair bit. I suppose I don't feel that's how it was intended? The knob that is suppose to release the handle bar post is essentially useless as it's not touching the post itself. The plastic insert is preventing it from touching and it's so jammed that it's not easily adjustable. While I would be able to move it up and down, I don't expect that my wife would be able to.

edit - how far down was your husband able to handlebar post? I'm not able to get it past the release knob...
I had the same issue, but solved it quickly. Make sure to loosen the crank that holds the handlebar in place, then reach your fingers in and push the plastic pieces flat against the edge. Once you do that, the handlebars should slide in.
Jan 4, 2021
1 posts
1 upvote
I spoke with bowflex - the flywheel is 40pounds on the C7 as well. They are trying to have that 10pounds changed everywhere.
Ordered mine from Canadian Tire this morning. It will be delivered this evening.

I also asked bowflex about the integration challenges and dropped connection: it can be a challenge if you're using an older version of IPAD.
As for the bowflex website and JRNY not recognizing the bike. They said it was supposed to be fixed now. fingers crossed

Ultimately I picked the C7 because I could have it 2 months earlier then the C6 - it is the exact same bike apart from the screen.
Now for the C7 not being available on bowflex, the c7 was made for retail. Just like not all Nautilus bike are available on the Nautilus website.

I was also able to chat with someone within 1 minute of being connected. I suppose if you have a problem, chat should be your go to.
Nov 24, 2013
6 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I am new to exercise bike and peloton app. After few days of owning this bike, I finally set up in a way that will work for me.

I used the peloton app on my iPhone, and streamed the peloton class from iPhone to smart TV.

I connected the Cadence data from C7 to Peloton app on my iPhone.
(1) On C7, select “Work Out with Peloton”, DO NOT press start yet
(2) Then, go to your iPhone, turn on Peloton app, select a class. Within the class, there is a little “Cardiac” icon, click on it, select “Cadence”, and “Nautilus”
(3) Now, you can press start on C7 to start your workout.
(4) On C7 screen, you will only see the data and scenic pictures.
Note: I have my flash cable to connect C7 screen with iphone for charging, and don’t know if it matters for this connection.

I connected my heart rate data from apple watch (not the C7 heart rate band) to Peloton.
(1) On your apple watch, open your peloton app, and it will start detecting your heart beat.
(2) Then, go to your iphone, turn on Peloton app, select a class. Within the class, there is a little “Cardiac” icon, click on it, select “Heart Rate”, and “Apple Watch”

This way, both cadence and heart rate data will be recorded on your peloton app, and I only use my C7 screen to track my resistance and cadence.

[JRNY app on iPhone]
I did talk to the bowflex customer services about the build in JRNY programs on C7. Since JRNY is already build-in in C7, the iPhone version of JRNY is not required. Beside, the iPhone version of JRNY currently does not support bike equipment. Therefore, the data of JRNY on your C7 will not be communicated and updated on your iPhone version of JRNY.

[JRNY on C7]
Bowflex customer service said if we don’t have JRNY subscription, we can still use the adaptive program and freeride program on C7, and you can still access the entertainment app (i.e. Netflix and Disney+ etc) during the ride. Since I am using Peloton, I will cancel my JRNY subscription after the two months free trial. And, unfortunately, you will not able to stream your C7 screen on your smart TV.

I hope this will help if you are new to this bike and peloton app just like me. Happy workout!
Images
  • 69E41012-A872-45CF-B028-7C1026F5F898.jpeg
Last edited by ccmmyy88 on Jan 7th, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 4, 2017
23 posts
3 upvotes
I was able to get the the handlebar post in by using an exacto knife to cut a small piece of the plastic so that it would slide in as intended.

next problem, I'm not able to connect Bluetooth at all...headphones or my phone, also tried to connect to bluetooth speaker I was originally intending to use in that space with no luck. At this point, I'm likely going to return the bike (I'll keep playing around a bit). I'll be the first to admit that I can be a stickler and don't like things that don't work as intended, saying that I wasn't expecting a completely plug and play experience based on the price point and the fact that bowflex is a fitness company trying to expand into the tech sphere. If you're looking for a plug and play experience, this is likely not the bike for you.
Apr 4, 2017
23 posts
3 upvotes
ccmmyy88 wrote: I am new to exercise bike and peloton app. After few days of owning this bike, I finally set up in a way that will work for me.

I used the peloton app on my iPhone, and streamed the peloton class from iPhone to smart TV.

I connected the Cadence data from C7 to Peloton app on my iPhone.
(1) On C7, select “Work Out with Peloton”, DO NOT press start yet
(2) Then, go to your iPhone, turn on Peloton app, select a class. Within the class, there is a little “Cardiac” icon, click on it, select “Cadence”, and “Nautilus”
(3) Now, you can press start on C7 to start your workout.
(4) On C7 screen, you will only see the data and scenic pictures.
Note: I have my flash cable to connect C7 screen with iphone for charging, and don’t know if it matters for this connection.

I connected my heart rate data from apple watch (not the C7 heart rate band) to Peloton.
(1) On your apple watch, open your peloton app, and it will start detecting your heart beat.
(2) Then, go to your iphone, turn on Peloton app, select a class. Within the class, there is a little “Cardiac” icon, click on it, select “Heart Rate”, and “Apple Watch”

This way, both cadence and heart rate data will be recorded on your peloton app, and I only use my C7 screen to track my resistance and cadence.

[JRNY app on iPhone]
I did talk to the bowflex customer services about the build in JRNY programs on C7. Since JRNY is already build-in in C7, the iPhone version of JRNY is not required. Beside, the iPhone version of JRNY currently does not support bike equipment. Therefore, the data of JRNY on your C7 will not be communicated and updated on your iPhone version of JRNY.

[JRNY on C7]
Bowflex customer service said if we don’t have JRNY subscription, we can still use the adaptive program and freeride program on C7, and you can still access the entertainment app (i.e. Netflix and Disney+ etc) during the ride. Since I am using Peloton, I will cancel my JRNY subscription after the two months free trial. And, unfortunately, you will not able to stream your C7 screen on your smart TV.

I hope this will help if you are new to this bike and peloton app just like me. Happy workout!
Bolded above. Are you saying that you can't actually use the bowflex screen with Peleton?
Dec 29, 2020
42 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto

Just to give a bit of an update. I bought the following off Amazon:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00JV7 ... UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B009NP ... UTF8&psc=1

I was able to mount the clips onto the C7 screen and it works perfectly. I'm very happy with the result. I just slide my iPad in, and I left enough of a gap under the iPad so that I can clearly see the cadence and resistance values (which don't connect into Apple Fitness+). I just start a basic workout on the C7, then start the trainer led session on the iPad, and I'm good to go.

I know the handlebars have a place to put an iPad, but I'm very tall and sit very high so the C7 screen blocks it from my viewing angle. I tried putting the iPad under the actual device holder, but I'd sweat all over it and it wasn't stable. This is the best solution for me. Yeah the iPad blocks the C7 speakers, but I use a Sonos speaker for audio that I place in front of the bike and get much better sound than the C7 speakers can deliver. I'm finally happy with my set up.
Nov 24, 2013
6 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
DamionG727 wrote: Bolded above. Are you saying that you can't actually use the bowflex screen with Peleton?
That’s correct. You can?
Nov 24, 2013
6 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
departedspaceman wrote: Image

Just to give a bit of an update. I bought the following off Amazon:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00JV7 ... UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B009NP ... UTF8&psc=1

I was able to mount the clips onto the C7 screen and it works perfectly. I'm very happy with the result. I just slide my iPad in, and I left enough of a gap under the iPad so that I can clearly see the cadence and resistance values (which don't connect into Apple Fitness+). I just start a basic workout on the C7, then start the trainer led session on the iPad, and I'm good to go.

I know the handlebars have a place to put an iPad, but I'm very tall and sit very high so the C7 screen blocks it from my viewing angle. I tried putting the iPad under the actual device holder, but I'd sweat all over it and it wasn't stable. This is the best solution for me. Yeah the iPad blocks the C7 speakers, but I use a Sonos speaker for audio that I place in front of the bike and get much better sound than the C7 speakers can deliver. I'm finally happy with my set up.
Thanks for sharing. What an amazing view for bike exercise!
Jun 14, 2018
6 posts
thenew007 wrote: What's the return policy at Canadian Tire for used spin bike? Can I try it out and just return it within 90 days if I don't like it?
Anyone tried returning it to CT? We bought it and my wife seems to be too short for it at 5' and hurting her tail bone. We of course opened and assembled it. I see CT have a 90 day return policy with receipt.

We probably will look for another bike more suitable.
Jan 12, 2009
84 posts
35 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
jsnoop wrote: Anyone tried returning it to CT? We bought it and my wife seems to be too short for it at 5' and hurting her tail bone. We of course opened and assembled it. I see CT have a 90 day return policy with receipt.

We probably will look for another bike more suitable.
If they give you any trouble, I'm sure you could post on Kijiji or FB Marketplace