Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Bowflex C7 Exercise Bike - $1499

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2021 11:37 pm
Jun 27, 2010
76 posts
26 upvotes
Terrace
Anyone know what this item is for? Is it garbage or is it part of the bike? I couldn't find any mention of it in the manual but the construction is thick rubber which is different from the other plastic garbage parts.
Images
  • PXL_20210111_072409699.MP.jpg
Dec 10, 2003
261 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
jsnoop wrote: Anyone tried returning it to CT? We bought it and my wife seems to be too short for it at 5' and hurting her tail bone. We of course opened and assembled it. I see CT have a 90 day return policy with receipt.

We probably will look for another bike more suitable.
I am 5'2 and am seriously considering the bowflex c6 or schwinn ic4. I read that the c7 is basically c6 with a screen. From my research it has 4 adjustment points while other bikes have only 3. Can you share what bike you are considering?
Dec 29, 2020
42 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
thenew007 wrote: Anyone know what this item is for? Is it garbage or is it part of the bike? I couldn't find any mention of it in the manual but the construction is thick rubber which is different from the other plastic garbage parts.
That goes behind the screen the cover the exposed electronics board.
Jan 10, 2021
1 posts
1 upvote
I'm 5'1 and the bike fits well for me. The seat took one ride to get used to, but it's totally fine now. I went with the c7 because the c6 takes way too long to be delivered (a friend has been waiting 2 months now and still waiting for shipment confirmation). And the ic4 is rarely in stock.
Nov 24, 2013
6 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Leebee85 wrote: I'm 5'1 and the bike fits well for me. The seat took one ride to get used to, but it's totally fine now. I went with the c7 because the c6 takes way too long to be delivered (a friend has been waiting 2 months now and still waiting for shipment confirmation). And the ic4 is rarely in stock.
Yes I picked C7 for the same reason - don’t want to wait 2 months. I’m 5’2 and this bike works perfectly fine with me.
Jun 27, 2010
76 posts
26 upvotes
Terrace
redwolfpei wrote: Where are you reading all the complaints with quality? I have joined several C6/IC4 FB pages and forums looking for more information on the C7 but it is just too new. I have been using it for 4 days now and aside from the learning curve of connecting to the 3rd party apps it has worked flawlessly. So far, the ride is very smooth.

The BT issue is concerning but likely an easy fix once developers push a software update. Which is pretty common with the rollout of new tech. Others don't like the small screen. My guess is that Bowflex will be pushing the new Velocore models with the larger screens to further compete with Peleton. The C7 seems like an in between "budget" model being offered as their retail version - while still offering the same functionality as the C6 but with an upgraded 7" tablet display. I am looking forward to a real review or better yet a comparison between the C6 and C7.

One last thing I can share, the C6 conversion chart with Peleton doesn't seem accurate for this bike. I will post my findings once I have a few more days riding...
Have you managed to figure out the conversion between c6 and c7?
Dec 29, 2020
42 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
thenew007 wrote: Have you managed to figure out the conversion between c6 and c7?
I too was curious how the C6 conversion chart matched up with the C7, so today, I was trying to do the conversion myself.

I found a guide that tells you how to do the conversion. Now, although the C7 doesn't output Power in Watts, supposedly, it shares that information via bluetooth to apps like Kinetic.

1. Download Kinetic (Free)
2. Connect your bike to it
3. Set your resistance to 0 and peddle to 80 cadence/rpm
4. Slowly increase your resistance until Kinetic says you are hitting 46-52w of output. This is equivalent to a Peloton 25. Note the resistance value.
5. Slowly increase your resistance until Kinetic says you are hitting 58-62w of output. This is equivalent to a Peloton 30. Note the resistance value.
6. Slowly increase your resistance until Kinetic says you are hitting 83-85w of output. This is equivalent to a Peloton 35. Note the resistance value.
7. Slowly increase your resistance until Kinetic says you are hitting 111-115w of output. This is equivalent to a Peloton 40. Note the resistance value.
8. Slowly increase your resistance until Kinetic says you are hitting 143-146w of output. This is equivalent to a Peloton 45. Note the resistance value.
9. Slowly increase your resistance until Kinetic says you are hitting 186-190w of output. This is equivalent to a Peloton 50. Note the resistance value.

This morning, I was going to do this. I downloaded Kinetic and when I turned it on, it found the bike in the sensors section of the app, but the 'connection' indicator says the connection was broken. So I hit connect and eventually it said connected. Great, so I get my shoes on, hop on the bike with a note pad ready to do the next steps, but then the bike disappeared off of Kinetic. The app was no longer detecting it. No matter what I clicked, couldn't connect. Restarted the screen on the bike, nothing. I know others have said that that they've had connectivity issues with the C7 longer than 1 hour, and if you wait a while after a reset, it should work, so I did that. Nope.

I downloaded kinetic to my iPad which I use now and connect Peloton to the bike with no problem, but kinetic didn't see the bike there either.

I'm pretty frustrated with this bike. The build quality and the ride are fine, but the screen/computer has become such a pain in the a$$. Perhaps you (or anyone else) may have more luck and report back your findings?
Dec 29, 2020
11 posts
4 upvotes
departedspaceman wrote: I too was curious how the C6 conversion chart matched up with the C7, so today, I was trying to do the conversion myself.

I found a guide that tells you how to do the conversion. Now, although the C7 doesn't output Power in Watts, supposedly, it shares that information via bluetooth to apps like Kinetic.

1. Download Kinetic (Free)
2. Connect your bike to it
3. Set your resistance to 0 and peddle to 80 cadence/rpm
4. Slowly increase your resistance until Kinetic says you are hitting 46-52w of output. This is equivalent to a Peloton 25. Note the resistance value.
5. Slowly increase your resistance until Kinetic says you are hitting 58-62w of output. This is equivalent to a Peloton 30. Note the resistance value.
6. Slowly increase your resistance until Kinetic says you are hitting 83-85w of output. This is equivalent to a Peloton 35. Note the resistance value.
7. Slowly increase your resistance until Kinetic says you are hitting 111-115w of output. This is equivalent to a Peloton 40. Note the resistance value.
8. Slowly increase your resistance until Kinetic says you are hitting 143-146w of output. This is equivalent to a Peloton 45. Note the resistance value.
9. Slowly increase your resistance until Kinetic says you are hitting 186-190w of output. This is equivalent to a Peloton 50. Note the resistance value.

This morning, I was going to do this. I downloaded Kinetic and when I turned it on, it found the bike in the sensors section of the app, but the 'connection' indicator says the connection was broken. So I hit connect and eventually it said connected. Great, so I get my shoes on, hop on the bike with a note pad ready to do the next steps, but then the bike disappeared off of Kinetic. The app was no longer detecting it. No matter what I clicked, couldn't connect. Restarted the screen on the bike, nothing. I know others have said that that they've had connectivity issues with the C7 longer than 1 hour, and if you wait a while after a reset, it should work, so I did that. Nope.

I downloaded kinetic to my iPad which I use now and connect Peloton to the bike with no problem, but kinetic didn't see the bike there either.

I'm pretty frustrated with this bike. The build quality and the ride are fine, but the screen/computer has become such a pain in the a$$. Perhaps you (or anyone else) may have more luck and report back your findings?
I just installed Kinetic and connected to the bike first try. On the C7, make sure you select 3rd party app under programs so Kinetic can pick it up.
Dec 29, 2020
42 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
redwolfpei wrote: I just installed Kinetic and connected to the bike first try. On the C7, make sure you select 3rd party app under programs so Kinetic can pick it up.
I just tried running the ‘connect to your favourite app’ program and started that workout. Kinetic was still not able to detect the bike.
Apr 1, 2009
273 posts
78 upvotes
GTA
notenoughsleep wrote: ... I did install shimano pedals right off the bat - so far no issues with the bike.
Where did you get the Shimano pedals from?

Thanks!
Dec 18, 2020
9 posts
5 upvotes
At this price I would rather pay the difference and get a real peloton.
Dec 29, 2020
11 posts
4 upvotes
Dealhunter20 wrote: At this price I would rather pay the difference and get a real peloton.
Why? The experience on the Digital app and Bowflex/Schwinn is excellent and half the price. The Peloton bike pricing starts at $2495 plus shoes, weights and taxes. The monthly subscription when you own the Peloton bike is $50/mth. When using a 3rd party bike, the digital app only costs you $16.99/mth for all the same content. Total cost of ownership is much higher to go the Peloton route.
Jan 10, 2021
1 posts
1 upvote
Hi there, I spoke with a customer service rep regarding this and they reassured me that it is a 40lb flywheel . They said that the c7 was a the same bike as the c6 just with tech.
Apr 1, 2009
273 posts
78 upvotes
GTA
LindaA62739 wrote: Hi there, I spoke with a customer service rep regarding this and they reassured me that it is a 40lb flywheel . They said that the c7 was a the same bike as the c6 just with tech.
Just a note that they also have a difference at the bottom of the frame. I don't know why and whether it makes any real difference, but it is there:
https://www.bowflex.ca/en-ca/bikes/c6/100894.html
https://www.bowflex.ca/en-ca/bikes/c7/100926.html
Jun 2, 2010
2 posts
Dealhunter20 wrote: At this price I would rather pay the difference and get a real peloton.
I've used both. The 'real' peloton is not worth the difference. You are paying for the name only.
Jan 12, 2021
1 posts
Hi! Does anyone know how to delete profile from the Jrny console? Thanks in advance!
May 15, 2011
3 posts
OAKVILLE
LindaA62739 wrote: Hi there, I spoke with a customer service rep regarding this and they reassured me that it is a 40lb flywheel . They said that the c7 was a the same bike as the c6 just with tech.
It is actually a sturdier bike. Some of the components are the same however the frame is heavier built and if you look at the specs you will see the C7 is 75 lbs heavier! Assembled this bike in about an 1.5 hours and and used it on Peleton today. The instructions given on this thread are spot on when connecting for cadence and heart rate. It even saved my work out from Peleton on my user profile. Be patient and research for helpful hints on how to make the bike work. Haven’t experienced the 55 minute Bluetooth issue but I haven’t gone for that long yet in a workout. Very happy so far with this bike as I saw it available and was waiting for my C6.
May 15, 2011
3 posts
OAKVILLE
Like the C6 you need to use Peleton on your Mobile Device. The screen simply shows your stats eg. Cadence, heart rate, resistance, distance etc. It will also capture your Peleton workout under your profile.