Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbell, Single 229.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2021 7:45 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 6, 2012
64 posts
121 upvotes
Calgary

[Canadian Tire] Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbell, Single 229.99

The singles are in stock online and in some stores. I know this isn't necessarily a "sale" price but just finding them is considered HOT to me! Available for ship to home for a fee.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/bowf ... p.html#srp
Last edited by Joelab on Feb 11th, 2021 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
20 replies
Newbie
Jun 4, 2019
66 posts
67 upvotes
for anyone that decides to buy this...
Go pick up instore if you can.
last time Canadian tire had it in stock online, They dont' reserve for you even if you placed an order.

If the store runs out you are SOL
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 6, 2012
64 posts
121 upvotes
Calgary
Should be available for ship to home
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6367 posts
1298 upvotes
Malicium wrote: for anyone that decides to buy this...
Go pick up instore if you can.
last time Canadian tire had it in stock online, They dont' reserve for you even if you placed an order.

If the store runs out you are SOL
Pretty sure all the stores are closed right now and you need to curb side pick up.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Newbie
Oct 15, 2020
51 posts
44 upvotes
Nothing in Alberta except 82 in Cochrane strangely...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6511 posts
5962 upvotes
Calgary
Almost the same price on Kijiji now in Calgary.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 27, 2006
758 posts
310 upvotes
Delta
Caerus wrote: I think the Weider 5-in-1 at Canadian Tire is the better option than the 552s. Cheaper at $179.99, and designed more like an actual dumbbell. I have them and they work very well.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/weid ... 40731.html
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=1840731
Reviews state that the quality of these are relatively poor, but the big downside is increment of 10lbs, that is a huge gap between weights. Bowflex does 2.5lb increments, but imho a gap of over 5lbs is too much.
:twisted: In order to save money, you must spend money. :twisted:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
2237 posts
3195 upvotes
kag wrote: But only 10lbs increments?
Spud387 wrote: Reviews state that the quality of these are relatively poor, but the big downside is increment of 10lbs, that is a huge gap between weights. Bowflex does 2.5lb increments, but imho a gap of over 5lbs is too much.
Build quality is no problem at all. There are also plenty of complaints of the 552s build quality with the plastic gear assembly discs breaking and selector issues.

Easy enough work around for 5lb increments. Once you shift your hand a tiny bit, you don't even notice since it's only 5lbs.

I made a short video a little while ago, and I'm not being overly careful with them.



If I had to make the purchase again, I'd still get the Weider. But I also am not a person who would ever have a need for 2.5lb increments. 5lbs yeah occasionally, but 10lb increments generally. I guess my brain just prefers even numbers! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 27, 2006
758 posts
310 upvotes
Delta
Caerus wrote: Build quality is no problem at all. There are also plenty of complaints of the 552s build quality with the plastic gear assembly discs breaking and selector issues.

Easy enough work around for 5lb increments. Once you shift your hand a tiny bit, you don't even notice since it's only 5lbs.

I made a short video a little while ago, and I'm not being overly careful with them.



If I had to make the purchase again, I'd still get the Weider. But I also am not a person who would ever have a need for 2.5lb increments. 5lbs yeah occasionally, but 10lb increments generally. I guess my brain just prefers even numbers! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Oh Cool. Good to hear from someone with first hand experience with them.
:twisted: In order to save money, you must spend money. :twisted:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
2237 posts
3195 upvotes
Spud387 wrote: Oh Cool. Good to hear from someone with first hand experience with them.
Yeah, I quite like them. True, they don't have the finer 2.5lb weight increments, but modifying for 5lbs isn't an issue if you need to. The convenience and usability of a more traditional dumbbell design was really the main selling factor for me. Other than price of course.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3288 posts
2095 upvotes
GTA
Spud387 wrote: Oh Cool. Good to hear from someone with first hand experience with them.
I also own these and have zero complaints.

For the money, you can't beat them. I think I was right around $400 all in for the pair.
Newbie
Jun 4, 2019
66 posts
67 upvotes
1xTiMeR wrote: Pretty sure all the stores are closed right now and you need to curb side pick up.
That is true
Haven't been out much since Covid ... Forgot they aren't open
Sr. Member
Mar 7, 2017
657 posts
300 upvotes
Spud387 wrote: Oh Cool. Good to hear from someone with first hand experience with them.
have the weider ones too, no complaints here, works pretty well.
**HAPPY ZOOMER CUSTOMER**
Newbie
Oct 15, 2020
51 posts
44 upvotes
Looks like stock updated for Edmonton Area:

- NW location (9603-162 Ave location): 14
- Capilano: 6
- West: 2
- South: 34
- Millwoods: 5
- Sherwood Park: 2
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 10, 2006
1219 posts
210 upvotes
How often do these come into stock?
I need to grab some adjustable weights and start lifting @ home as apart of my routine.
Holdin' it down like a fat kid on a see-saw.

Top