Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] [Canadian Tire] Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 All Season Tire $109.73 Certain Sizes YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2020 7:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9461 posts
4193 upvotes
6ix

[Canadian Tire] [Canadian Tire] Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 All Season Tire $109.73 Certain Sizes YMMV

Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 All Season Tire
CLEARANCE (ON SELECT STYLES/SIZES)

Copper Zeon RS3-G1 is a high-performance tire tuned for three-season and light snow conditions providing exceptional grip, handling and durability to your sports sedan or coupe.

FEATURES
Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 All Season Tire is for high performance vehicles and enthusiast drivers
The tread compound and design features great grip, stability and durability
Delivers great performance on dry and wet pavement
3-D Micro Gauge sipes improve the stability of tread elements providing enhanced handling in wet and dry roads
Asymmetrical tread pattern provides grip and stability during cornering maneuvers and reduced tire noise
Made with a silica tread compound that is specially formulated to provide maximum dry and wet traction
Cooper’s trademarked visual wear indicator provides peace of mind through informing drivers how worn their tires are

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/tires/pd ... 80013.html

CLEARANCE (ON SELECT STYLES/SIZES)
225/40/18 for example, $109.73 EACH

Stocktrack for 225/40/18 https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=1080013

TireRack Review
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... eon+RS3-G1

Stack with the SDM Can Tire $300 for $325 GC for more savings!
Happy Hunting
Koodo $40 8GB
18 replies
Feb 28, 2020
6 posts
3 upvotes
All-season tires preform significantly worse than winter tires. Imo for your own safety just switch to real winter tires
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1600 posts
3232 upvotes
Ran these for two and a half years year round (even one year through winter because I was too lazy to change over to my winters), good value for the money, you can do better but you can certainly do worse.

The Zeons were a little louder, and rougher riding than my previous and current tires P-Zero Nero and Pilot Sport 3.
AFAIK they have been on sale around $109~ each before with a $60 rebate, which is probably when I snagged mine
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9461 posts
4193 upvotes
6ix
kimwoobingsu wrote: Ran these for two and a half years year round (even one year through winter because I was too lazy to change over to my winters), good value for the money, you can do better but you can certainly do worse.

The Zeons were a little louder, and rougher riding than my previous and current tires P-Zero Nero and Pilot Sport 3.
AFAIK they have been on sale around $109~ each before with a $60 rebate, which is probably when I snagged mine
What size?
Koodo $40 8GB
Jan 11, 2009
478 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
I have these for the past 3 years.
Good value for money... Treadware is less than 40k if you have a heavy car this tire will only last you 2-3 years.
Great summer and wet traction.... Absolute garbage in any sort of snow. Sidewalls get soft after a couple years and tons of leaks (could be ny rims though)
Nov 20, 2017
303 posts
238 upvotes
TeeKayTK wrote: All-season tires preform significantly worse than winter tires. Imo for your own safety just switch to real winter tires
These are not all-season tires. I have these tires on my Malibu wagon and while they look sweet with my Chrome SS rims... I wouldn't recommend these at all in the winter. I haven't even tried using them in the snow. I usually switch these well in advance of any snow.
These tires will spin off the line on a rainy day no problem. I wouldn't want to be on these in the snow.

These tires are a loud tire as well. They are a CHEAP and good performance option for non-winter months.

I've had these tires since 2016 but I only have put maybe 35-40k on them due to summer driving only.

The softer the rubber, the better performance but lower lifespan. Softer tires are usually more expensive.
Rubber will also dry out after extended time period and crack... which is why mileage ratings are not realistic.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1600 posts
3232 upvotes
McLaren__F1 wrote: What size?
204/40/17
xseanx wrote: I have these for the past 3 years.
Good value for money... Treadware is less than 40k if you have a heavy car this tire will only last you 2-3 years.
Great summer and wet traction.... Absolute garbage in any sort of snow. Sidewalls get soft after a couple years and tons of leaks (could be ny rims though)
First year in snow for me was actually decent, second year these things got really sketchy.
40K sounds about right, I drive hard and probably got 35k on them.
Jordanferras wrote:
The softer the rubber, the better performance but lower lifespan. Softer tires are usually more expensive.
Rubber will also dry out after extended time period and crack... which is why mileage ratings are not realistic.
This.
I got like 20k out of my P Zeros before they actually went bald, when they were new they railed hard, but there is absolutely no way I would buy them with a 20k lifespan at almost $300 a pop. If the weather got cold (not even snow) they actually got so useless it was dangerous to drive.

This is why I heavily favour all season tires in addition to having a set of winters. Just in case you get a weird day you can still drive and not die.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7931 posts
2445 upvotes
Shoot. Not on sale in my size.

Thanks anyway.
Sep 9, 2009
248 posts
80 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I bought these last year for only summer/fall driving and while they are pretty good for wet and dry traction, the treadwear on these are horrible! I'll be lucky if I get 25,000km out of them.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9461 posts
4193 upvotes
6ix
speed_69 wrote: I bought these last year for only summer/fall driving and while they are pretty good for wet and dry traction, the treadwear on these are horrible! I'll be lucky if I get 25,000km out of them.
Should have clamied some warranty.
72,000 km Treadwear Protection (when same size on both axles)
36,000 km Treadwear Protection (rear of staggered fitments)
http://ca.coopertire.com/getmedia/7aebe ... h.pdf.aspx
Koodo $40 8GB
Jan 6, 2019
25 posts
8 upvotes
Made in china, not sure of the quality
Sep 9, 2009
248 posts
80 upvotes
Calgary, AB
McLaren__F1 wrote: Should have clamied some warranty.
You have to wear tires down to 2/32nds before you can claim warranty. I don't ever go down that far nor do most people...so tire warranties are almost useless.

I also rotate my own tires so no warranty. You need proof of professional rotation service records and tires can not have any signs of uneven wear.