[Canadian Tire] Canadian Tire:Magic bullet $29.99 in store

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2019 8:56 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1106 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
I had one of these. Base with blade came lose after 1 year. The woblely blade ground to the base. One time I found my juice with tiny black plastic pieces.
May 17, 2008
220 posts
29 upvotes
Ninja, Blade and Magic Bullet

what a story!
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2728 posts
2049 upvotes
Toronto
tunglete wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 8:23 am
I had one of these. Base with blade came lose after 1 year. The woblely blade ground to the base. One time I found my juice with tiny black plastic pieces.
Noted, will examine the blade and base before and after every use. I think key here is not to overheat the motor where the blade will melt into the housing
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1712 posts
233 upvotes
Edmonton
pdienstm wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 7:58 am
We owned like three of these (consecutively). Motors kept burning out, despite not really giving it any abuse. (Thanks, Costco returns policy!)

When we heard Consumers Reports deemed them unsafe because of a piece of the blade coming off during their testing, we switched to much stronger, sturdier (more expensive) Ninja. Soon after, heard of news reports of multiple people shredding their hands on the spinning Magic Bullet blades because the design requires the user to push down on the top to operate it; if the cup self-destructs or comes of the base while you're blending, your hand goes down onto the spinning blades. Look it up on YouTube. Can't believe they banned lawn darts but allow this horror show on the market. Hard pass.
Been using mine for years. Never heard of this problem. Sounds impossible for this to happen as the blades are on bottom and your hand is up top. If you are using for ice and fruits protein etc I don’t see how this would ever happen
Jan 4, 2019
149 posts
139 upvotes
5abi wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 10:34 am
Been using mine for years. Never heard of this problem. Sounds impossible for this to happen as the blades are on bottom and your hand is up top. If you are using for ice and fruits protein etc I don’t see how this would ever happen
I use mine twice a day, everyday. No issues here. I'm not exactly careful with it either.
Dec 9, 2014
230 posts
163 upvotes
Unless you specifically want a Bullet, I'd recommend you at least consider an immersion/stick blenders instead. While a decent one with changeable attachments will be somewhat more expensive, they're easier to store, maintain and use, are much more versatile and can often run longer than their bullet counterparts without tripping the motor thermal overload. I got a MultiQuick on sale a couple of years ago and my NutriBullet was subsequently retired after a good four years of service, and is either sitting in a box somewhere or ended up at a thrift store; not sure which. I've never once looked back.

Though, if you mainly need something that can quickly blitz your weekly guacamole or something, don't let me keep you away from a Bullet. It's not a bad product, far from it.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2728 posts
2049 upvotes
Toronto
pdienstm wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 6:04 pm
for one thing, magic bullet is 250w motor, nutribullet is 600w
two, who holds the bullet from the base like that?
three, you have to be blending for over 10 minutes
Last edited by dracolnyte on Aug 23rd, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 12, 2012
257 posts
105 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
blind56 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 6:59 pm
This is showing up at $59.99 for me?
YA... seems like only Markham and Richmond Hill have it at $29.99
Apr 16, 2019
55 posts
417 upvotes
if you come early, the first 100 people also get an early bird prize, however it is only available in 4 locations if I remember correctly
Sep 23, 2010
271 posts
308 upvotes
T Dot
blind56 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 6:59 pm
This is showing up at $59.99 for me?
You're almost 2 weeks late. OP said sale ended Aug 11.
Check stocktrack.ca to see individual store prices and stock levels
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7592 posts
3769 upvotes
ON
Diafel wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 8:04 am
Found nothing on Youtube.
Exactly !! They were obliterated, nothing left to see...