Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Canadian Tire Roadside Safety Kit + Free Roadside Assistance.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2019 4:03 pm
[OP]
Aug 9, 2016
159 posts
533 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Canadian Tire Roadside Safety Kit + Free Roadside Assistance.

Just saw this one in my nearby Canadian Tire Store. Roadside Safety Kit is on sale at $24.97 regularly priced at $49.99. it includes some tools and the free roadside assistance which is equivalent to $50 or $79 if Im not mistaken. Plus you have the option to upgrade it to Gold Membership at 50% when you activate it based on experience. Other kits are available too at discounted price.
Images
  • 20191121_174237.jpg
Thread Summary
Copying the thread summary from another post to note the differences between CAA and Canadian Tire, other than price, which is totally dependent on your choice of product and current specials.

1. CAA covers the MEMBER in any car. (edit to add that I think NEO has a family plan, but unsure of the details) Cnd Tire covers EITHER the member OR the car, depending on what you choose at set up. This cannot be changed for the year, as far as I know.

2. CAA will tow you anywhere. Cnd Tire will tow you anywhere BUT a tow to their shop will not count as one of your service calls. if you regularly use them for service then that's a plus. One thing to note is that they will not tow from a Cnd Tire shop to another if you decide the cost of repair is too high. Technically CAA doesn't tow from one garage to another either, but it has been done.

3. For both - Any call out is a service call, not just tows. So a door unlock, battery boost, etc. all use up a service call. If you need a boost and it doesn't work so they have to tow you, that's one service call.

4. Some CAA memberships include replacement keys, travel insurance, etc. No clue on Cnd Tire.

5. If you live in the south Central Ontario region, both of them contract out to tow companies, so your service experience will largely be based on the tow companies in your area. Some CAA clubs (Niagara for sure) may have their own fleets.

6. If you are a Canadian Tire World Elite mastercard holder, you get a FREE gold membership. Not sure if you're offered the vehicle or member option. Important to note that you can't add on any family members to that plan, even at a cost and even if they have supplemental cards. Only the primary card holder gets the free membership and it's stand alone.

7. CAA pricing and specials available vary by each club, so your location may not offer what the OP posted. Cnd Tire specials are national.
38 replies
Jun 20, 2015
583 posts
148 upvotes
Place
I’ll check my area tomorrow.
Good luck!
Jul 6, 2010
469 posts
876 upvotes
Toronto
Here's last year's thread about the same deal: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/canadian ... e-2250201/

Summary: the included plan allows tows to CT locations only. It's called the "Basic" plan, which is even lower than the Silver plan listed here. To upgrade to a Gold plan is $50 (50% off), bring your total to $75. Some additional details in this post.

If you already have an emergency kit, you're better off just getting the roadside assistance from this deal: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/canadian ... r-2328711/
i am upside down
Jul 6, 2010
469 posts
876 upvotes
Toronto
raskal wrote: I don't see anything in the description about roadside safety.

This one does though https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/prem ... c=true#spc
The picture OP included shows the roadside assistance tags on the items.

Also, 1 year roadside assistance is mentioned in the flyer (bottom right hand corner of page 3). https://flipp.com/flyer/3100916-canadia ... iday-deals
i am upside down
Apr 7, 2019
693 posts
847 upvotes
Do we get oil change coupons with this basic membership?
Dec 25, 2012
472 posts
463 upvotes
Ontario
Or just sign up for their triangle MasterCard and get free roadside assistance as a perk. No annual fee card.
Nov 4, 2012
595 posts
170 upvotes
I dont have a kit. I will buy it. My car is 12 years old. So I better buy it.
Jun 25, 2017
186 posts
261 upvotes
Your better off with the promo starting next week? 30% off. Or CAA has it for 130$ with a 10$ petro gas card and a care tote
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2505 posts
3222 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Boo...urns, I got all excited that maybe the gold roadside was available for 50% off again :'(
Nov 22, 2010
89 posts
78 upvotes
So its 75$ with a kit or 69.9 without? (Gold plan)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5123 posts
2738 upvotes
get a Triangle WE Mastercard and Gold plan is yours for free plus all the benefits come with the card
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1025 posts
1079 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Not a bad price at all. Especially with the one year road assistance.

But I think I'll wait for the Costco kits to go on sale. They have an air compressor.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3702 posts
2233 upvotes
Toronto
remik wrote: Boo...urns, I got all excited that maybe the gold roadside was available for 50% off again :'(
i called. The agent did confirm that purchase of kit will entitle you to a gold roadside for 50% off...so $50+tax. They just ask for the details on your receipt- as fraud prevention I suppose as proof that you actually bought a kit. As usual, gold get you the free conventional oils change or credit towards synthetic oil change, if that interests you, whereas the free plan doesn't.
Yes, we all know by now that Triangle World Elite card holders get free gold membership...but many choose not to go that route for a variety of reasons.
Yeah, bummer that there's no straight up 50% off Gold this year. But a kit plus $50 ($75) might be better than $70 for Gold membership without kit.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10573 posts
1334 upvotes
Brampton
Fightguard wrote: i called. The agent did confirm that purchase of kit will entitle you to a gold roadside for 50% off...so $50+tax. They just ask for the details on your receipt- as fraud prevention I suppose as proof that you actually bought a kit. As usual, gold get you the free conventional oils change or credit towards synthetic oil change, if that interests you, whereas the free plan doesn't.
Yes, we all know by now that Triangle World Elite card holders get free gold membership...but many choose not to go that route for a variety of reasons.
Yeah, bummer that there's no straight up 50% off Gold this year. But a kit plus $50 ($75) might be better than $70 for Gold membership without kit.
What are the disadvantages you speak of?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.