Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Cast Iron Plates 35 lbs $62.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 12:07 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
1072 posts
732 upvotes
Fook Canadian tire. Their iron hex dumbbells is now $2 a lb. It was $1/ lb back in August!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2024 posts
1239 upvotes
YYZ
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Fook Canadian tire. Their iron hex dumbbells is now $2 a lb. It was $1/ lb back in August!!!
supply and demand. even costco charges more for their fitness equipment.
2$ isn't bad considering some are charging 3$ per lb
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Nov 1, 2017
34 posts
13 upvotes
Whoah, very cool site! Thanks for the links.
edwinSantos wrote: On the used market $2/lb is a good price so these are going to fly off the shelves. Here are the stock track links in case any one is interested. Hopefully they are available online soon.
5lb
10lb
25lb
35lb
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1088 posts
399 upvotes
I still need an Olympic bar. If anyone can point me to a regulation sized one (7ft, 2in correct?) pls let me know. Dont want to pay retail.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1856 posts
535 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote: I still need an Olympic bar. If anyone can point me to a regulation sized one (7ft, 2in correct?) pls let me know. Dont want to pay retail.
CAP has a lower end (non powerlifting) weigh capacity 500ish for 130ish or 170-180 on Kijiji/marketplace
Jul 11, 2009
586 posts
403 upvotes
Toronto
surprised there's no questions of where they are made and if there's any toxic chemicals or metals mixed in...
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2967 posts
3958 upvotes
BC
Biscayne05 wrote: I still need an Olympic bar. If anyone can point me to a regulation sized one (7ft, 2in correct?) pls let me know. Dont want to pay retail.
Might be hard finding a BB below retail during these times unless you watch the local classifieds like a hawk.

Walmart had the CAP one not too long ago for $75
walmart-cap-barbell-2-inch-olympic-weig ... 7-2407793/
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1088 posts
399 upvotes
peakingduck wrote:
Might be hard finding a BB below retail during these times unless you watch the local classifieds like a hawk.

Walmart had the CAP one not too long ago for $75
walmart-cap-barbell-2-inch-olympic-weig ... 7-2407793/
Kicking myself for this. I snoozed. Was even offered 1 but I was 2hrs away at that time.

Are there any disadvantages to buying unknown brands or are they pretty much all the same?
Aug 21, 2013
178 posts
158 upvotes
Kitchener
Retail is cheaper than second hand at the moment. Also dont cheap out on the barbell, there is a big difference between barbells. If you want cheap I would look at the bells of steel bare steel bar (it will require more maintenance) or synergee has one that is well reviewed. Both are reasonably priced but rarely in stock. Or you can order from Rogue, much more expensive but their bars seem to come into stock every week or 2 if you dont mind exactly which bar you get
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6553 posts
2380 upvotes
Montreal
hesp wrote: wow the prices went up? i picked up 25lbs last week at CT for $27 each
They increased the price for sure.
I bought 2 set of Olympic Weights at $65 each last week, now they are $89.
Adjusting to the demands I guess.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6553 posts
2380 upvotes
Montreal
KevlarCoated wrote: Retail is cheaper than second hand at the moment. Also dont cheap out on the barbell, there is a big difference between barbells. If you want cheap I would look at the bells of steel bare steel bar (it will require more maintenance) or synergee has one that is well reviewed. Both are reasonably priced but rarely in stock. Or you can order from Rogue, much more expensive but their bars seem to come into stock every week or 2 if you dont mind exactly which bar you get
I am using a cheap CAP 7ft Oly BB I bought from Walmart for $74. They are pretty sturdy, feel just as good as the ones at my gym, then again, I rarely go above 315lbs.
Oct 6, 2020
153 posts
244 upvotes
If anyone wants a source for 45 LBS cast iron York plates at $2/lbs (brand new from a retailer), let me know.

They have only 45's in stock, the price for 2 is $186 (with tax included) and they are available for pick up same day or next day (pick up is in Mississauga just off the QEW).

As of now, they are sold out of everything other than the 45's.

I just ordered 2 this morning and already picked them up, and they look and feel great.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1088 posts
399 upvotes
KevlarCoated wrote: Retail is cheaper than second hand at the moment. Also dont cheap out on the barbell, there is a big difference between barbells. If you want cheap I would look at the bells of steel bare steel bar (it will require more maintenance) or synergee has one that is well reviewed. Both are reasonably priced but rarely in stock. Or you can order from Rogue, much more expensive but their bars seem to come into stock every week or 2 if you dont mind exactly which bar you get
Thanks. This is exactly what I needed to know.
Aug 16, 2009
503 posts
425 upvotes
Just saw about 16 at Innes location in Orleans.
Also had about 20 x 10lbs and a bunch of 15lb kettle bells.
Looks like they just got some stock in and there online checker is bang on.
Heard the manager tell someone there is a purchasing limit to prevent reselling.