• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2018 9:23 pm
[OP]
Dec 29, 2005
414 posts
282 upvotes
Montreal

[Canadian Tire] Castrol Premium Synthetic Oil Change

• Castrol Premium Synthetic Oil Change includes up to 5L of Castrol EDGE Oil (assorted grades) with Fluid Titanium Technology™, this is a premium fully-synthetic formulation motor oil designed to provide superior power, protection and performance for today's engines - helping your vehicle operate at a high level.
  • Price includes $5.00 towards an oil filter.
  • Oil change package also includes: Visual vehicle inspection, battery test, tire pressure check, under-the-hood fluid check and more
  • Note: Prices may vary by location. Excludes diesel and semi-synthetic oils. Additional fees and charges will apply for vehicles that require more oil. Additional oil filter charges will apply. Eco fees, taxes and additional fees where applicable, are extra. Some vehicle restrictions may apply. See in store for details
  • Available at participating Canadian Tire Stores only
  • Upon receiving your “Ready for Pickup” email, please call the store that you selected to book an appointment for an oil change
  • Oil Change must be redeemed in store by Aug 31, 2018 or the offer expires. Customer must bring email receipt when completing oil change
  • Limit 1 per customer per transaction
  • ONLINE ONLY OFFER
23 replies
Jul 6, 2016
94 posts
78 upvotes
I definitely recommend an upgrade in the oil filter if you are using this synthetic oil for an extended oil change. I am pretty sure they use a Motomaster oil filter which is a low end oil filter. I wouldn't run that for more than 8000 kms.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
20974 posts
7800 upvotes
Ottawa
Sorry OP, bad deal...CT is the last place anyone should be having have their vehicles serviced at.
Apr 18, 2008
264 posts
260 upvotes
BC
Can you bring in your own filter?

Nothing hurts quite like OOS.
Jul 3, 2013
345 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
The price is good. But yes if you care a little about your car, I would not bring to CT for oil change.
Jan 19, 2017
19 posts
31 upvotes
Here is the catch: "Oil change package also includes: Visual vehicle inspection, battery test, tire pressure check, under-the-hood fluid check and more"

These oil change deals are loss leaders for Canadian Tire and the lube companies. All they use it for is to get you in there so that they can go on a fishing expedition and try convince you to spend another $400 on unnecessary maintenance items. Also: Canadian Tire is one of the worst places to take your car in general. They pay minimally experienced mechanics barely more than minimum wage while charging you more than most other shops, and then also add a bunch of hidden fees at every opportunity. Their auto desk staff are even worse as well. I really can't advise against them enough.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1635 posts
482 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Another thread on Canadian Tire Auto Service....

TL:DR - DO NOT GO TO CANADIAN TIRE FOR AUTO SERVICE.

DOWNVOTED!
Oct 5, 2006
416 posts
202 upvotes
Calgary
if it's a good price, oil change at CT is an OK place, but I strongly recommend you check your oil level after before you drive home. Had my oil changed twice at CT. First time was great, correct filter, correct oil level. Second time they used the cheaper motomaster filter (was advertised to be quaker state) and they over filled.
Aug 6, 2009
90 posts
17 upvotes
Edmonton
vkizzle wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 3:27 pm
Sorry OP, bad deal...CT is the last place anyone should be having have their vehicles serviced at.
I know someone in town who was getting quoted/fitted with tires and they didn't buy. On the way home the car started driving funny. The wheel lugs were left hand tight.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
20974 posts
7800 upvotes
Ottawa
spdfrk wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 4:56 pm
I know someone in town who was getting quoted/fitted with tires and they didn't buy. On the way home the car started driving funny. The wheel lugs were left hand tight.
That's terrible and dangerous!
Jun 17, 2007
136 posts
88 upvotes
British Columbia
Good place to go to if you want random unrelated things missing from your car mysteriously. Last time I went in for their $9.99 oil change an employee took one of my wheel end-caps. Then they'll lecture and upsell you on a 10 page print out. One time they told me I needed to replace my airfilter because of the car's mileage when I replaced it in their parking lot about an hour earlier.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7325 posts
3758 upvotes
Markham
If you love you ur car, don’t service it at CT. That’s where cars die.
Aug 9, 2015
222 posts
79 upvotes
Sylvan Lake, AB
Would not get my oil changed at CT even if it was free. It's honestly that bad.
But at what cost