Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

CCM Bicycle Key Lock, 6-ft $8.93 (YMMV )

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2022 5:32 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4950 posts
13325 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …

[Canadian Tire] CCM Bicycle Key Lock, 6-ft $8.93 (YMMV )

Last edited by 2Riskit on Mar 30th, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Jul 2, 2007
638 posts
254 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
I'm not going to risk my bike to a cheap lock, but I guess you are willing @2Riskit , lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2008
1858 posts
511 upvotes
those cable type bike locks are useless! Very easy to cut through with bolt cutter.

Only use this if you don't value your bike one bit.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9110 posts
6961 upvotes
West GTEH!
singhrh wrote: those cable type bike locks are useless! Very easy to cut through with bolt cutter.

Only use this if you don't value your bike one bit.
If you don't value your bike, then you don't need to waste money on a Lock.
😎
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2010
1613 posts
822 upvotes
toronto
yes i value my bike
what lock do you recommend than
thanks
No advertising in avatars or sigs
Sep 2, 2007
480 posts
181 upvotes
your best bet wrote: yes i value my bike
thanks
any abus or kryptonite locks in the $100+ range if you're locking for a couple hours. chains are clumsy but supposed to be harder to cut cause they wiggle; u locks are convenient.

this lock is good if you have quick release wheels. so you lock at least the other wheel that isn't locked to the frame
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4071 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA North
speedway84 wrote: I'm not going to risk my bike to a cheap lock, but I guess you are willing @2Riskit , lol.
Username checks out :)
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Nov 25, 2019
221 posts
332 upvotes
If a serious criminal really wants your bike, they'll get it.

This is just stops someone from simply walking off with your bike, while your in Booster Juice ordering your hardcore protein smoothie for your 0.05km ride ... :)

I grabbed one for locking up the kids bikes when at the beach or trailer, perfect!
Last edited by scamsNschemes on Mar 30th, 2022 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3225 posts
2871 upvotes
GTA Ontario
your best bet wrote: yes i value my bike
thanks
Any steel cable lock can be pretty easily chewed through with basic wire cutters/snips that can be concealed in a pocket. Chains require a significantly bigger tool that would be obvious to carry. U-locks require a grinder or massive bolt cutters and still take some time to get through. The best is a U-lock that's big enough to secure your frame to a solid object, and no bigger (extra room makes it easier to get a cutting tool in the right spot). And the thicker the bar the better. As noplan said, Abus and Kryptonite are both very good. Then you need to lock your bike properly: lock the frame to a secure object, and lock the wheels to the frame. You can usually get the rear wheel and frame with one lock and the front wheel with a second lock. Or if your front wheel is quick-release, you can pop it off and lock everything with one big U-lock.

From there you can get into locking your saddle to your frame... replacing most of your nuts & bolts with anti-theft ones... get an alarm system... GPS system...

Or just never leave your bike out of your sight when you're out, and keep it in a house/garage/etc. when not riding it.

Sadly it's still illegal to use grenades, high voltage, etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4950 posts
13325 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)