Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] CCM bike helmet $9.97 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2019 9:21 am
[OP]
Sep 6, 2009
297 posts
235 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] CCM bike helmet $9.97 (YMMV)

Saw this today at Heartland Canadian Tire in GTA

Regular price $55. Clearance 9.97. They have a ton of them there on clearance but in blue colour only.

May be good if you are looking for one. Weather is getting nicer.
Images
  • 20190506_131247.jpg
  • 20190506_131236.jpg
  • 20190506_131227.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on May 7th, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added ymmv
37 replies
Nov 13, 2011
565 posts
190 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Check manufacture date, i believe the materials degrade over time.
Nov 13, 2018
31 posts
35 upvotes
Also make sure there's a sticker on the inside that states it is CPSC certified.

This is your head people! One of the few places you should splurge for the best.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2949 posts
1365 upvotes
Toronto
mikebmt wrote:
May 7th, 2019 6:54 am
Also make sure there's a sticker on the inside that states it is CPSC certified.

This is your head people! One of the few places you should splurge for the best.
Its CCM and sold by CT...its a given that these are certified. Guaranteed that these are from previous season and/or discontinued. Also prerty sure that reg. price is super inflated as CT as usual sells pretty much everything in their store at 50-60% off on the regular. Having said all this, I doubt these are "old" enough to be concerned, and it is a good deal as long as it FITS properly...that should be your main focus in considering this specific helmet.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10916 posts
2494 upvotes
$55 still at my local store, according to the webpage.

Pretty sure that CCM (large brand) sold in Canadian Tire (large Canadian retailer) would be certified. I don't think they'd be able to sell Bike helmets unless they were safety certified.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2140 posts
1167 upvotes
montreal
55 around laval.
Closest one at 10$ is Beloeil with about 26 in stock.
Jul 17, 2007
248 posts
266 upvotes
Montreal
So last month they were on sale for 15 bucks but I missed the sale by one day and they forgot to remove the tag so they had to give me the $10 price error credit, so I only paid 5 bucks
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
Jul 24, 2008
825 posts
404 upvotes
Like your tires, check that regular price isn't over-inflated.
Mar 15, 2010
680 posts
933 upvotes
Toronto
I hope it performs better then their bikes. I bought a CCM mountain bike a month ago (reg $650 on sale $349) and man, was it a Lemon. I went for a ride with my wife, and while peddling at the same or slightly faster rate, she would just pull away from me. Played with all the gears but to no avail. Even a 50 year old lady easily passed me by while i was peddling for my dear life. Needless to say, returned for full refund. Went to a real bike store and bought a Giant bike. 10x better, but had to pay $700 this time.

Moral of story: you get what you pay for
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2140 posts
1167 upvotes
montreal
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote:
May 7th, 2019 9:05 am
I hope it performs better then their bikes.
I hope you don't find out how they perform.
;-)
Mar 2, 2008
713 posts
757 upvotes
BC
darkcloud8282 wrote:
May 7th, 2019 1:59 am
Check manufacture date, i believe the materials degrade over time.
There is zero proof of helmet materials degrading over time when not in use.
mikebmt wrote:
May 7th, 2019 6:54 am

The "best" helmets (i.e. most expensive) tend to offer better fit, styling, features, and weight. Not safety. Even the cheapest helmets that are certified with the same standard are just as safe.
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote:
May 7th, 2019 9:05 am
I hope it performs better then their bikes. I bought a CCM mountain bike a month ago (reg $650 on sale $349) and man, was it a Lemon. I went for a ride with my wife, and while peddling at the same or slightly faster rate, she would just pull away from me. Played with all the gears but to no avail. Even a 50 year old lady easily passed me by while i was peddling for my dear life. Needless to say, returned for full refund. Went to a real bike store and bought a Giant bike. 10x better, but had to pay $700 this time.

Moral of story: you get what you pay for
I'd say that last part about a $700 Giant. Sounds like your problem is you don't know how to tune-up/maintain a bike, and you just got lucky with the bike builder who assembled your Giant. On a related note, CanTire tends to have TERRIBLE bike builders. Actually, the correct term for them is assemblers, because that's all they do. No tune-up, just slap the parts together. I'm surprised they aren't flooded with returns, since most buyers at CCM price points don't have the knowledge to even make a simple shifter adjustment.
Mar 15, 2010
680 posts
933 upvotes
Toronto
brghunter wrote:
May 7th, 2019 10:11 am

I'd say that last part about a $700 Giant. Sounds like your problem is you don't know how to tune-up/maintain a bike, and you just got lucky with the bike builder who assembled your Giant. On a related note, CanTire tends to have TERRIBLE bike builders. Actually, the correct term for them is assemblers, because that's all they do. No tune-up, just slap the parts together. I'm surprised they aren't flooded with returns, since most buyers at CCM price points don't have the knowledge to even make a simple shifter adjustment.
What are you talking about? Giant make very decent bikes. CCM doesnt even come into conversation of top 10 bike makers. I basically bought a solid company entry level bike (hybrid for commuting). To compare to cars, its like I bought a Honda Civic instead of an acura RLX. The difference is i will be riding my bike 2-3 times a month only in the summer. I am not a pro rider and dont need a $3k bike. I bought this bike at a bike shop, i get free tuneup for a year and discount tuneups after that as long as i use them. The guy didnt BS on me and told me this thing will last me for life given the casual riding of it. And after testing it, i can agree it will. Not tk mention, all the positive reviews I saw for a solid entry level bike. So not sure where your post is coming from. At least i can say CCM was junk, and i agree with your post about CT employees not assembling properly as the potential issue.

Having said all of this, I am sure CCM cant muck up a helmet. But wouldn’t be shocked if they did
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11397 posts
20589 upvotes
Scarborough
Looks like the Canadian Tire near me has it for this price. Might swing by later to check it out.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].