Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Certified Value Tarp, 9 x 12-ft $2.99 (60% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2016 4:39 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54640 posts
19440 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Certified Value Tarp, 9 x 12-ft $2.99 (60% off)

Deal Link:
Probably good enough for my needs ( patio furniture and ghost Halloween costumes).

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/certi ... p.html#srp

FEATURES

Certified Value Tarp is ideal for your recreational applications, storage, and yard work
Includes rust-resistant grommets every 3'
Is made of waterproof polyethylene with built-in UV sun protection
Rope reinforced hem for long wear
Flexible and lightweight for easy storage
8 x 8 weave
Tarp size: 9 x 12' (2.7 x 3.6 m)
11 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1910 posts
344 upvotes
'sauga
I have a few of these...the grommets will rust eventually. The weave is pretty thin and stuff can poke thru pretty easily. Ok for light duty, but it's not really waterproof.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54640 posts
19440 upvotes
abstract808 wrote: I have a few of these...the grommets will rust eventually. The weave is pretty thin and stuff can poke thru pretty easily. Ok for light duty, but it's not really waterproof.
Thanks for letting me know about the grommets. It will just be for patio furniture use to cover them when it rains. And I might return a few unused ones.

Maybe for winter, I will need the vinyl tarps.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1661 posts
1234 upvotes
Ottawa
This will barely last 2 months when fully exposed to the sun. Cheap for a reason.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54640 posts
19440 upvotes
sandav wrote: This will barely last 2 months when fully exposed to the sun. Cheap for a reason.
Damn, false advertising. Says waterproof and UV proof. I can return them to CT if found crappy correct?

I ordered the Sirio cover and may return most of these. I still need a few to protect my wife's car interior when I pick up a few boxes. :)
Oct 31, 2014
445 posts
389 upvotes
Victoria, BC
alanbrenton wrote: Damn, false advertising. Says waterproof and UV proof. I can return them to CT if found crappy correct?

I ordered the Sirio cover and may return most of these. I still need a few to protect my wife's car interior when I pick up a few boxes. :)
They're totally waterproof and uv proof for the first couple weeks (or days, depending on use), until they wear out and then they aren't.

For uses where you only temporarily need a tarp and then it's going to be ruined it's pretty handy though (ie disposable tarp). I always keep a few on hand when hunting for processing the animal on, and have used them several times under an engine stand for tearing down dirty/oily/drippy motors to avoid staining the concrete, just throw away when done with them. Ditto for using as a ground sheet for painting and so on.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4048 posts
1388 upvotes
Edmonton
Ya, these cheap tarps don't really keep water out for long. The fabric just sort of frays and water will find it's way through...for for $3 might have to pick some up for the kids to build stuff out of..
Oct 19, 2002
285 posts
5 upvotes
Does anyone know where to find good tarp that would last(not degrade) and are not too expensive? I've seen fabric ones but they cost a lot more.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1471 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto
I can confirm their "cheapiness". I would only recommend them for emergency outdoor use or for indoor use. I recently used some indoors to cover furniture while installing new windows and painting the walls.