Channellock High Leverage Linesman Pliers, 10.5-in - $24.93 - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2021 6:09 pm
[OP]
Jun 12, 2018
337 posts
260 upvotes
Ontario

[Canadian Tire] Channellock High Leverage Linesman Pliers, 10.5-in - $24.93 - YMMV

Spotted a few clearance deals on Channellock tools. Linesmans seems like the best deal. Lots of stores have these on clearance but YMMV.

Also on clearance:
Channellock® Slip Joint & Wire Cutting Pliers, 8-in, $12.93
Channellock® Long Reach Diagonal Cutter, 7.5-in, $21.93
Last edited by stevo88 on May 18th, 2021 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Jan 27, 2003
584 posts
38 upvotes
Snow Country, BC
Thanks OP, got one for pickup.
Core 2 Duo E6600 with Scythe Ninja Plus Heat Sink
Intel 975XBX Revision 305 MOBO
OCZ Dual Channel XTC 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
EVGA 7600GT CO wit
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1595 posts
834 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Ordered all of them.
The first one look like a piler. But it can cut a nail?
probably ok for finishing nails... Using linesman to cut nails is dumb though. If you need to cut nails, get the right tool for it. An oscillating tool, or bolt cutters if it does not need to be flush. Or, just use the back of a hammer... or drive the nail in flush... I mean theres so many ways to deal with that that wouldnt involve damaging a tool.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7786 posts
3791 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Scott86 wrote: probably ok for finishing nails... Using linesman to cut nails is dumb though. If you need to cut nails, get the right tool for it. An oscillating tool, or bolt cutters if it does not need to be flush. Or, just use the back of a hammer... or drive the nail in flush... I mean theres so many ways to deal with that that wouldnt involve damaging a tool.
Review for both Channellock® Slip Joint & Wire Cutting Pliers, 8-in, $12.93 and Channellock® Long Reach Diagonal Cutter, 7.5-in, $21.93 worry me as some said the rivet is crooked and the Diagonal Cutter can only cut zip tie and will break if you use it to cut wire.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Aug 16, 2011
991 posts
1002 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Love channellock. That Linesman is one of my fav tools. Its soooo good. Mine is over 20 years old and works perfectly
Jun 18, 2008
592 posts
264 upvotes
Burnaby
This is a pretty good hammer, I highly recommend it
Jul 22, 2015
646 posts
1193 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks op. Got a pair of the Lineman pliers on order.

The Diagonal Cutters reviews kind of scared me away, Didn't want to risk it for that Price.
Apr 23, 2016
530 posts
564 upvotes
Kelowna
Scott86 wrote: probably ok for finishing nails... Using linesman to cut nails is dumb though. If you need to cut nails, get the right tool for it. An oscillating tool, or bolt cutters if it does not need to be flush. Or, just use the back of a hammer... or drive the nail in flush... I mean theres so many ways to deal with that that wouldnt involve damaging a tool.
I've got a surplus of Klein linesman pliers and they cut through reasonably sized nails and screws no problem. I've never had a set become noticably dull or damaged. They're absolute tanks.
May 10, 2010
33 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
Langley BC is showing these on sale but not at the price OP has. Are there any greater vancouver area stores showing $24.93?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1978 posts
1471 upvotes
GTA West
Great tool to be used for a lifetime! I wish I had bought more top-quality tools like this when I first started to need them as a home-owner, instead of cutting corners on cheaper ones. Like my Wiss snips, Estwing hammer, and Klein sidecutters that have served me well for 35 years!
Apr 8, 2007
767 posts
169 upvotes
Dealmaker1945 wrote: Great tool to be used for a lifetime! I wish I had bought more top-quality tools like this when I first started to need them as a home-owner, instead of cutting corners on cheaper ones. Like my Wiss snips, Estwing hammer, and Klein sidecutters that have served me well for 35 years!
Thank you for sharing your experiences. Ordered Estwing Hammer and axe for my boat..... it's kinds of weird situation when I get to some really remote area for a day or two, I do need to them. Now do you want share more about how you structure you deal? lol
Running on hackintosh in 2011: I5 ivy Bridge 3.10 HD3000, Zotac 1030 2G video card, HDMI 2.0 cable, 16G RAM( max out at 1600mhz) on a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Mobo with ITB Crucial MX500 SSD, With 4K 60HZ UM7300AUE as a monitor> Retina Display
May 10, 2010
33 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks! I didn't know if this was like HD where clearance prices aren't reflected. Now I see that the Grandview store actually has these for $19.99 so that's a big win.