Canadian Tire

Charmin toilet paper 24 mega-roll $20.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2022 1:33 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6117 posts
961 upvotes
Does ultra soft have a lesser chance of clogging toilets?
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
10850 posts
4898 upvotes
Vaughan
Arrow wrote: Does ultra soft have a lesser chance of clogging toilets?
Don't think it's the toilet paper doing the clogging. Winking Face
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
1971 posts
1795 upvotes
buriboi wrote: I've begun to use water from my rain barrel to wash my bottom, no need for this absurdly priced t.p.

#winning.
Better yet, go back to the "little house on prairie" days and use the out house and use the well water to splash your bottom. Buying toilet paper is basically flushing your money down the toilet anyways. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
10850 posts
4898 upvotes
Vaughan
I like Mega Roll deals because I prefer the look of a mega roll on the toilet paper holder versus a triple or double roll that looks puny.

I realize it's only a temporary appearance until the sheets start getting used and then you have the appearance of a triple, double, single, etc.

Who's with me on this, or am I the only crazy one lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2018
1020 posts
1836 upvotes
Winnipeg
Euro7r wrote: LOL, do you guys actually really compare per sheet cost. It's damn toilet paper, if toilet paper is too expensive, might as well just take your dumps at work before you come home.
Why is that so silly? How big is a double roll of Charmin? How big is a triple roll of the Bird Brand? They are all different, and the confusion is specifically designed to extract more money from the customer.

I calculate the dollar per metre squared to account for different sheet sizes. The area you buy is right there on the package, it takes two seconds on my phone, and makes sure I always buy the least expensive option.

So, when Charmin is less than $0.35/m^2, I stock up. It saves me about $20 a year making sure I wait for the absolute best specials - not much, but why would I pay more? In this context, this deal is reasonable, but a bit more expensive than the price I usually pay for Charmin.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1174 posts
811 upvotes
Edmonton
buriboi wrote: I've begun to use water from my rain barrel to wash my bottom, no need for this absurdly priced t.p.

#winning.
I reuse my empty egg container with the lint from the dryer, free!

/s from the firestarter thread.
Previous wins:
-Fujifilm Finepix Z10FD 7.2mp (Green) 210$
-2x Xbox 360 (Oct 29 & Nov 1) 300$
-2x EA SPORTS
Feb 24, 2022
8 posts
2 upvotes
i use tissue paper to wipe excess water after cleaning using water
Feb 22, 2006
568 posts
160 upvotes
Euro7r wrote: LOL, do you guys actually really compare per sheet cost.
Son, do you even know what website you're on?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2594 posts
2502 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Amazon deal dead, no coupon and the price has gone up to $36.99…
Just gonna go with the CT deal
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28747 posts
14292 upvotes
catsoncoffee wrote: Costco does sell Charmin, but they are special "jumbo" rolls, which are 1/2 wider, so you get more square inches. But the length is the same, so if you still use the same # of sheets, the extra width doesn't matter.
While you're not wrong, $0.50 buys you an extra 6 rolls which makes up for the fewer sheets per roll.
I did the math above. Costco you're getting 6150 sheets (that are wider) vs 5856 sheets for this deal.

Also I would argue that you could turn it sideways to utilize the extra width to use less lengthwise.
Plus, not everyone has or wants a costco membership.

Not that I want more people at Costco because it's already too damn busy, but I can't understand why.
It's effectively $5/month which can be saved easily shopping there even if you're a family of 1.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Dec 15, 2021
76 posts
88 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
SignalOil wrote: Costco / Kirkland TP is "crap" compared to Charmin's Ultra-Strong. More than willing to pay more for the Charmin.

(there's no point paying less "per sheet" for Kirkland if you end up using more sheets anyways per "use".
How did you miss his point by so much? He isn’t comparing Costco brand TP, he is giving you the price of a Costco-sized Charmin. It’s literally a picture of Charmin. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Red Seal Journeyman in BC. I’ll try to answer and clarify electrical questions.

Interests: Computers/Gaming. Badminton. Beer. Weekly Costco threads.
Aug 20, 2019
538 posts
704 upvotes
London, Ontario
All of the bickering aside, thank you OP. I would have missed this otherwise.

Been die hard for Kirkland TP for years, but the last 4 ish packs have been a disaster. Non pressed, ply separating, and the dust. Omg the dust. It’s like they shredded other TP in the factory over the part where they make the stuff.

We’re going back to Charmin ultra strong with this sale.

5 ordered and hopefully ready for pick up soon.
[OP]
Apr 16, 2015
868 posts
1133 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: Not that I want more people at Costco because it's already too damn busy, but I can't understand why.
It's effectively $5/month which can be saved easily shopping there even if you're a family of 1.
I live on PEI and we don't have a Costco. To get to the nearest one in New Brunswick would take over $100 in gas and a $50 bridge toll. I imagine it's the same for many people in rural Canada. I'm not arguing against the Costco deal. If you live near one and have a membership, then great - get it there. But for the rest of us, it's good to know about other deals (even if they are a few cents more).
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4745 posts
1427 upvotes
Charlottetown
Grabbed one, thanks OP.
Aug 6, 2012
15 posts
10 upvotes
Oakville
JadedSparky wrote: How did you miss his point by so much? He isn’t comparing Costco brand TP, he is giving you the price of a Costco-sized Charmin. It’s literally a picture of Charmin. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
He’s talking about ultra strong though. I’ve never seen ultra strong at Costco. I don’t like the ultra soft at all.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)