Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Clearance deals on Winter Tires Michelin, Conti, Motomaster, Hankook

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2019 4:04 pm
Jan 1, 2010
261 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
cricketfan wrote:
Feb 5th, 2019 3:19 am
200$ for 4 steel rims. Is that a decent deal?
15 inch. If I buy both tires and rims from CT, would they install it for me free or less charge than normal?
Anywhere between $50-80 is fine for rims. The higher end is due to the diameter of your rim.

When buying the rims, purchase Hub centric and OEM compatible rims as opposed to lug centric rims. The article below describes why.

https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/why-y ... ntric-rims
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
2126 posts
108 upvotes
Regina
SizzleChest wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 11:56 am
How are those Goodyear Nordic tires? They completely changed the tread pattern but kept the name it seems.
I bought them a few years ago on my Mazda 3. They were the worst tires money could buy. My Michelin all season tires had better grip.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1790 posts
729 upvotes
Singapore
Thank you OP, this should be in the top contenders for top deals of the year.

Saved nearly $2k on this thread alone.
Nov 19, 2018
5 posts
10 upvotes
If anyone is looking for 16" wheels with 114.3x5 bolt pattern, 45mm offset (fits civic, mazda3, etc.) do a search for "009-6018-6" [edit: working link - https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/0096018.html]
Shows up at $39.99, but managed to steal one for $9.99 on clearance to replace a damaged one.
11 in stock in oakville, others in burlington.

YMMV!
Last edited by extraurban on Feb 5th, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 19, 2007
786 posts
112 upvotes
Montreal
extraurban wrote:
Feb 5th, 2019 9:32 am
If anyone is looking for 16" wheels with 114.3x5 bolt pattern, 45mm offset (fits civic, mazda3, etc.) do a search for "009-6018-6"
Shows up at $39.99, but managed to steal one for $9.99 on clearance to replace a damaged one.
11 in stock in oakville, others in burlington.

YMMV!
Search shows up no result, do you have a link?
Nov 10, 2013
88 posts
73 upvotes
Looks like I can get Michelin x ice 2’s for $146 a tire at 235/65/r17.

Now I don’t have steel for them and probably would not use them until next season. Is it still worth securing now? Is this price per tire hard to find even in off season?
Dec 26, 2007
161 posts
31 upvotes
North York
Thanks - needed to replace my aging snow tires. Got the Michelins for a good price. With my triangle rewards card I was able to activate an offer to get an extra $20 in CT money back and I was able to stretch the payment over 12 months.
Dec 26, 2004
81 posts
24 upvotes
hovercraft wrote:
Feb 5th, 2019 5:56 pm
Thanks - needed to replace my aging snow tires. Got the Michelins for a good price. With my triangle rewards card I was able to activate an offer to get an extra $20 in CT money back and I was able to stretch the payment over 12 months.
Same, ordered a set of 225/45/18 Xice3's for a good price. Chose the 12 month 0% payment option too, never tried that before, but I guess it should be simple, just set a scheduled payment for the min balance. You can't pay it off early right?

Is it just me or does CT not send out order confirmation Emails if you order online?

I put my first online order with them last year, never got any Email. The site says don't bother going to the store unless you receive the Email saying that it's ready, so I waited. 5 days later I go to the store to see what's up and they said it was ready for pick up 5 days ago.
I chalked that up to some system error. I checked my junk mail and it has nothing from CT.

I placed an order for the Xice3's last Thursday, again no confirmation Email, nothing in the junk mail folders. I've checked that my profile information is correct. The order status says "in progress", but it also mentions available for pickup after 4pm. I decide to wait a bit. Last Sunday, I went to the store to see what's up and they said they don't even have my order.
After showing them my order via their website, they found the order, but couldn't find the tires in the store, despite the website showing they had 4. Turns out someone sold them back in Nov 2018 and didn't update the system, so they had to order a set in.

Today the store calls me and says the tires are in. I check my online order status and it still says pending.

Something tells me CT online ordering still isn't ready for prime time.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4241 posts
859 upvotes
Regina
so tempted on those Xice3s and i never put winter tires on...1st winter with the crosstrek...if i could get a decent set of rims for cheap i would bite
Oct 16, 2012
28 posts
8 upvotes
Regina
jiffy38 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2019 5:36 pm
Looks like I can get Michelin x ice 2’s for $146 a tire at 235/65/r17.

Now I don’t have steel for them and probably would not use them until next season. Is it still worth securing now? Is this price per tire hard to find even in off season?
Same question here Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Dec 4, 2013
342 posts
88 upvotes
Mississauga
Got xi3 today. All 2017 dot age. Is it acceptable or too old?

Can we put 15 inch tires on 16 inch rim. Im sure we can't but just checking out from the experienced rfders here
Aug 2, 2007
194 posts
91 upvotes
I have Nokians that have a DOT of 3613 with 5 to 6 mm tread left. So i would say yes, they're still good.
You need at least 4 mm tread to be considered a winter tire.
Dec 26, 2017
18 posts
4 upvotes
IanBrantford wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2019 12:17 am
You can offset that by using higher tire pressure when installed. I use 36PSI at installation time, which is above freezing in autumn. In mid-winter, even with the pressure drop at low temperature, they'll still be 32-ish. It works very well.

Tires that are made to be used (even if not exclusively) in winter have a tradeoff between snow and ice. It's much easier to optimise for snow, hence the existence of M+S tires, which do well in snow and can be terrible on ice (because they must also be hard enough to turn away rocks in off-road environments that include the 'M'ud part of that designation). X-Ice tires are optimised for ice.
Man I tried from 30 all around 35, and 40 all around! it was those damn Xice3 had massive sidewall flex compared to PA4, both 235/40/18
Alex360 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 5:12 pm
You’re better off with conti winter contacts
Going to have to give these a shot next time! Thanks for the suggestion!
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
2085 posts
96 upvotes
I got my X-ice3's yesterday. Dot age was 3118

great deal
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4472 posts
168 upvotes
Well, seems like it was for naught. I got them and they were manufactured in 2016 with one in 2015. Getting them refunded. These were ordered from a warehouse with the request of latest DOT number (the CSR specifically typed that into the notes for the order) but I guess either the person in the warehouse didn't care or just wanted to troll (more likely the former). Guess I'm gonna have to look around again.