[Canadian Tire] Clearance Winter Tires ~30% Off - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2020 6:53 pm
[OP]
Mar 29, 2007
100 posts
158 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Clearance Winter Tires ~30% Off - YMMV

Was going to need new tires next winter for sure but while looking for new summer tires noticed that Canadian Tire has a few Winter Tire brands marked as Clearance. Prices seem pretty good so ended up getting a new set of Michelin X-Ice Xi3 Tires. Came to $522 where as Costco for instance would have been $776. Couldn't find other deals with Rebates that came close.

Notable ones on Clearance I saw advertised at local stores:
Michelin X-Ice Xi3
Continental WinterContact SI Plus Tire
Goodyear Nordic Winter Tire

Not all stores seem to have the clearance price and availability would depend on the size you need. So YMMV.
177 replies
Dec 26, 2007
286 posts
132 upvotes
Vancouver
Is there an easier way to see which stores have which tires in stock? Most stores only have 1 in stock, sadly.
[OP]
Mar 29, 2007
100 posts
158 upvotes
seafish wrote: Yes, there's ;)
Just need a SKU of the tire size

That's been permanently bookmarked. That site is great, can't believe I haven't stumbled across it before.
May 11, 2019
14 posts
11 upvotes
howitzer wrote: That's been permanently bookmarked. That site is great, can't believe I haven't stumbled across it before.
What site is that?
Jun 5, 2016
452 posts
472 upvotes
JoshT66117 wrote: What site is that?
StockTrack.ca in his signature. I think he made the website? It super useful.
Jan 5, 2010
297 posts
136 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
This is a great deal. I bought my X-Ice 3's during this same sale last year. I then waited until this past Sept to have them mounted and balanced by CT. I then took the tires/wheels home and installed them myself in Oct. I don't trust CT messing with my car. I do have to admit that they did a good job of mounting and balancing them and the guy was very nice in wrapping them up in fresh plastic so they wouldn't scuff or dirty anything in my vehicle.

The X-Ice 3's are, thus far, excellent winter tires, handling everything our Edmonton winter has thrown at it, including last evenings frozen rain.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15565 posts
1541 upvotes
GTA
stay away from the SI unless you drive at half the speed limit at all times. if you do any sort of spirited driving, you're gonna have a bad time on the SI.
i've had these for 3 yrs now and their sidewalls are super weak. they flex twice so when you turn you think you have grip, it will flex again to compress the sidewall another time mid corner. it's very unstable and scary. only way to avoid this is to go slow. very slow.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15565 posts
1541 upvotes
GTA
the XI3 for my car is very well priced. $690+HST vs $880+HST
Dec 26, 2007
286 posts
132 upvotes
Vancouver
seafish wrote: Yes, there's ;)
Just need a SKU of the tire size
OMG this is fantastic! Thank you so much! Here wishing much success to you!
Aug 25, 2019
170 posts
223 upvotes
ANY Thread with Clearance Winter Tires gets my vote Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol

/COME ON SPRING!!! Smiling Face With Sunglasses

P.S. I FRIGGIN LOVE my studded tires....Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
April 3 Was I stupid to love you/
Was I reckless to help/
Was it obvious to everybody else/
That I’d fallen for a lie/
You were never on my side/
Are you death or paradise/
Now you’ll never see me cry/
There’s just no time to die.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1174 posts
1082 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Nice find. I was just looking at the winter tires earlier today and saw only the Certified ones (which are a cheap Chinese tire relabeled for Canadian Tire). Might pick up the X-Ice as I already have these on my other car and they are great.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
4676 posts
1234 upvotes
GTEH!
25%-30% off is CT normal sale discount for tires.
😎
Aug 25, 2019
170 posts
223 upvotes
DiscountRaja wrote: This is a great deal. I bought my X-Ice 3's during this same sale last year. I then waited until this past Sept to have them mounted and balanced by CT. I then took the tires/wheels home and installed them myself in Oct. I don't trust CT messing with my car. I do have to admit that they did a good job of mounting and balancing them and the guy was very nice in wrapping them up in fresh plastic so they wouldn't scuff or dirty anything in my vehicle.

The X-Ice 3's are, thus far, excellent winter tires, handling everything our Edmonton winter has thrown at it, including last evenings frozen rain.
`
Canadian Tire is rip off city with their incidental charges. Best advice I can give to any older used car owner is to find a smaller reliable honest Owner-Mechanic to make your new best friend Winking Face
April 3 Was I stupid to love you/
Was I reckless to help/
Was it obvious to everybody else/
That I’d fallen for a lie/
You were never on my side/
Are you death or paradise/
Now you’ll never see me cry/
There’s just no time to die.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)