• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2017 11:06 am
28 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2318 posts
2698 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tddoucette wrote: Just picked up this well reviewed tent at CT for $199. Regular price says $429. Deal or no deal?

I love Canadian Tire but never trust their regular prices lol
[OP]
Nov 19, 2012
485 posts
348 upvotes
blackston3 wrote:
I love Canadian Tire but never trust their regular prices lol
I agree. Seemed a little inflated, but price seems to compare well to other Canadian retailers.
Apr 23, 2008
627 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
tddoucette wrote: Just picked up this well reviewed tent at CT for $199. Regular price says $429. Deal or no deal?
Where did you pick from? Online shows the price of $429.99.
[OP]
Nov 19, 2012
485 posts
348 upvotes
smehmood wrote: Where did you pick from? Online shows the price of $429.99.
Just noticed its in-store clearance so very much YMMV.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3788 posts
1920 upvotes
Vancouver
Weird, I see $258.99 her in Vancouver. Looks like wildly varying prices in different markets.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4574 posts
2127 upvotes
Edmonton
Way overpriced originally. Looks like it's on clearance for $215 around here. Also looks like amazon's lowest price was $236 a while ago.

So it's a fair price, but don't be mislead by the $429 price. Coleman tents are ok quality for family camping.
Apr 25, 2004
72 posts
28 upvotes
The costco one you've linked to is much better. The fly on the Canadian Tire tent does not cover the sides, which means when it rains you're getting wet. The Coleman tent from Costco (which I have been using for 2 years now) is great. We have endured a night of extremely heavy rain with not so much as a drop entering the tent! I'd be weary of any part not covered by a fly.
Oct 5, 2008
696 posts
772 upvotes
GTA
dhimoet wrote: Is this on sale or just a regular price? If this is a regular price, I will just wait.
I think it's regular price - I believe it's $165 in store though. I waited last year for it to drop to clearance prices, but it never happened. May grab one this year.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4574 posts
2127 upvotes
Edmonton
You can also search for other clearance tents at Canadian tire... Just navigate to browse tents, then filter by clearance on the side. Prices/selection differ alot per store, so you need to poke around a bit. Walmart is another place to look for clearance Coleman tents, noticed a couple in the store.

But that costco one is pretty decent for the price, great returns too if something goes bad. We have an older 10x20 (10 foot vestibule) we bought from Costco years ago that works fine. (Not coleman though) Really depends on what size you want and where you're using it, I have a '4' man kelty with aluminum poles, that weighs almost nothing. And a giant Cabelas tent that weighs a ton but holds 4 full cots, gear etc- pretty much not going to get wet in that beast.
Feb 15, 2008
584 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto
Get the one from Costco.
Rain fly from Costco covers a lot more than the one from CanTire.... And cheaper in Costco
Images
  • IMG_20170312_113716.jpg
Mar 7, 2010
368 posts
85 upvotes
Ottawa
thompsdc wrote: The costco one you've linked to is much better. The fly on the Canadian Tire tent does not cover the sides, which means when it rains you're getting wet. The Coleman tent from Costco (which I have been using for 2 years now) is great. We have endured a night of extremely heavy rain with not so much as a drop entering the tent! I'd be weary of any part not covered by a fly.
Really?
The pictures/description and everything look kinda identical to the CT one. The fly also looks exactly the same and neither seems to really cover that side window besides a slight ovehang.
Is it possible the one you got 2 years ago is a different model than the current one selling?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)