Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 9, 2008
608 posts
174 upvotes
Ottawa

canadian tire complaints?

I have serious complaints - they lost my key and lectured me on how people make mistakes... ***AFTER spending 4 hours(they told me to wait 1 hr.. over and over again, 4 times..) to sell me snow tires..

i'm never going back there again. that's not the issue.

my question is: where do i go to complain about this?

their staff in the store and customer service on the phone are repeating the same thing non stop. "people make mistakes" which pisses me off even more.

how incompetent and ridiculously disorganized do you have to be to do all of these in one single day, to one single customer? i've heard about their over priced mechanics but this? unacceptable.
38 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2010
3553 posts
87 upvotes
Tell us how you really feel.
RFD OT: Serious answers to stupid questions.
RFD Definition of 'troll': Someone whose opinion you don't like.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4335 posts
554 upvotes
Messed Up Area
Hmmm complaint order:

Employee-> Manager -> Store manager -> Headquaters/Corperate all with repeating whole conversations in between.

Its CT you will get nothing in return.....then again no-one should take there vehicles there....never success in anything but screwups or extras done without consent.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2290 posts
558 upvotes
Did they find the key? If not, they ought to replace it with a like-key (OEM, or copy). They ought to give you a gift card or something as well IMO. What happened in the end? They let you go without a key?
[OP]
Nov 9, 2008
608 posts
174 upvotes
Ottawa
theguyz wrote: Hmmm complaint order:

Employee-> Manager -> Store manager -> Headquaters/Corperate all with repeating whole conversations in between.

Its CT you will get nothing in return.....then again no-one should take there vehicles there....never success in anything but screwups or extras done without consent.

thanks. i didnt know they were this bad.. they tried to pull the long list of repairs required trick to me years ago...but i thought new snow tires were straightforward.. so i went there again.. big mistake...

it amazes me to see all these huge companies with their non existent customer support and horrible service.. they are only good for bringing in crap from china ..nothing more
May 6, 2010
595 posts
65 upvotes
Richmond Hill
CT is a franchise now. There's owner operator for each store, some of them are good like CT on Sheppard near IKEA, some of them are horrible like one at Bayview /Hwy 7.
I do agree that in most cases customer service at CT is really bad.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
6110 posts
1076 upvotes
Mississauga
As stated CT is franchise owned and you can complain to head office. There are virtually hundred of auto repair shops that operate the same way which is why the government has ghost cars to monitor shops that have many complaints under the BBB. This is nothing new and will continue so don't feel like you're the only one, I've heard it hundreds of times that's why it's difficult to find a reliable shop which is why words of mouth advertising is not only the cheapest but the best form of advertising.
Jun 2, 2011
651 posts
64 upvotes
Canadian Tire has a long history of poor customer service but its not the only retailer with these kinds of problems

Even CTV's W-Five managed to come down hard on Canadian Tire and when asked to provide a resolution, they brush it off.
I think its a corporate culture where "buck-passing" is common.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
14365 posts
2361 upvotes
Several years ago, one of my friends took his car for a tire rotation (summer > winter with rims) at a local CT in Toronto. He returned later in the day to pick it up only to find a nice dent on his front left fender. It appears the mechanic forgot to engage the parking brake/leave it in gear ( manual transmission). The sad thing about the whole event was that CT would not admit to their negligence and it took him almost three months with the help of mall security cameras to prove CT's fault and another ten months to receive the cheque for the repairs.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2004
3111 posts
465 upvotes
North Etobicoke
Once my wife took her vehicle for an oil change and the left the plug loose after about 2 days I noticed a puddle in driveway, when I checked the plug was loose. I told her to take it back and have them tightened and top up. I told her to ask for cleaner for driveway and they refused to offer any compensation. If I had the time I would have done it myself.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2008
608 posts
174 upvotes
Ottawa
jrees wrote: Did they find the key? If not, they ought to replace it with a like-key (OEM, or copy). They ought to give you a gift card or something as well IMO. What happened in the end? They let you go without a key?

i went home to get my spare key.. they only offered to give me a spare key.. no apologies for making me wait for almost 4 hours..no apologies for being complete f..ups..

nothing..
i'll talk to corporate and see if they care... and if they dont. too bad, never ever going back. and i wont get tired of telling this story to everyone i know..

oh well.

thanks for all the responses.
Banned
Jan 20, 2009
518 posts
8 upvotes
d5486 wrote: I have serious complaints - they lost my key and lectured me on how people make mistakes... ***AFTER spending 4 hours(they told me to wait 1 hr.. over and over again, 4 times..) to sell me snow tires..

i'm never going back there again. that's not the issue.

my question is: where do i go to complain about this?

their staff in the store and customer service on the phone are repeating the same thing non stop. "people make mistakes" which pisses me off even more.

how incompetent and ridiculously disorganized do you have to be to do all of these in one single day, to one single customer? i've heard about their over priced mechanics but this? unacceptable.

Nvm, I asked you a question but I read your answer above.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
1056 posts
226 upvotes
ontario
email canadian tire

a few weeks ago i bought 4 new motomaster all terrain tires
got email that canadiantire store has my tires
called canadian tire #2 to install because canadian tire #1 was fully booked
made appointment with CT #2 for 7pm
at 6pm drove to CT #1 pick up tires, drive across town to CT #2 and was told they cant install cuz 1 mechanic called in sick
i asked why they didnt call/email me to let me know my appt was cancelled (whats the point of an appointment?)
i said i could come back the next day as long as my car is first since i had an appt the previous day
they said its first come first serve etc
so i emailed canadian tire and they contacted CT#2
a few days later the general manager of CT#2 emailed me apologizing and said he'd look into why my appt wasn't fulfilled

at the end of the email he offered to install my tires and take $60 off the installation fee
Apr 16, 2010
91 posts
5 upvotes
North Vancouver
you might try mentioning to corporate that you will spend some quality time on the internet and "venti" your crappy experience. (ie the only thing they likely care about is their bottom line and they suspect that they have lost you as a customer, but they might do something to shut you up before you get X others to think about where they will spend their cash)

I had/having a few issues with Honda, and they couldn't give a toss, things only started to happen when I threatened to go on a negative publicity blitz.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
1014 posts
91 upvotes
Halifax
many many years ago I let CDT work on my cars brakes.

1/2 way through a 4 hour trip I lost my brakes.

They forgot to tighten the brake line.

I was lucky enough to emergancy brake to a garage and they replaced the glazed brake pads/roters and tightened the brake line for me.

Never went back to CDT again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)