Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

Continental TrueContact Tour Tire - Starting at $97.44 each ($164.40 - 235/55R17) (25% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2022 3:59 pm
[OP]
Apr 27, 2010
352 posts
400 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] Continental TrueContact Tour Tire - Starting at $97.44 each ($164.40 - 235/55R17) (25% off)

Good discount on highly rated tires. Get yours before the supply shortage force you to buy Chinese brands.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/tires/pd ... 72329.html

US reviews:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... ntact+Tour
21 replies
Feb 13, 2004
929 posts
207 upvotes
Vancouver
It is saying it may not fit my 2016 Mazda CX-5. The ones it found was showing $97 at the Surrey Newton location.
Jul 12, 2018
123 posts
303 upvotes
Got a set of those during CT’s last clearance sale.

My Volvo V50 has become much more enjoyable to drive around with these.

Thumbs Up Sign
Dec 1, 2007
977 posts
349 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
Don’t need them right away. $765 for a full set of 4 for my 19 Nissan Rogue. 4 in stock at local CT. Hmm…
Bobby Dee.
RFD Proud since 07.
Feb 28, 2020
58 posts
28 upvotes
How much does CT charge for installation and balancing?
Nov 24, 2020
560 posts
1226 upvotes
Very nice tires, quiet and give soft ride.
However, side\shoulder rubber is soft, so I got non-repairable puncture easily when was overcoming a brick.
Dec 15, 2015
431 posts
406 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
If you're buying Tires at CT, better get them to install it with the tire warranty with replacement advantage thing. I had these set of TrueContacts (old model) 5 years ago and on the 5th year (not even the full year) the tires started to crack or weather cracking. It's a bit of a work to claim warranty with CT but in the end I got my set replaced with year old ones they had but at least i'm good for another 4-5 years. I'd go to Kal Tire as I think their warranty replacements are better than CT so I hear.
"With great discounts comes great battle for self restraint"
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1561 posts
1990 upvotes
These are good tires. Definitely reduced road noise. Obviously performance and noise dampening deteriorated towards the 2nd half of its life. Lasted 60k in Calgary could have driven another 5k in summer conditions. I drive fairly conservatively (I do hypermiling) and avoid hard braking but love taking hard corners. Lol.
Sep 8, 2010
474 posts
1192 upvotes
Windsor
FPrince wrote: Get yours before the supply shortage force you to buy Chinese brands.
Is this for real ?
Dec 31, 2016
161 posts
211 upvotes
Fredericton
Good all weather tire. I have dedicated winter tires so I went with Yoko Avid Ascends for my Sienna. Quattro Tires has them discounted currently. If you do choose to buy tires from CT....check the dates. I called a location today for OPs suggested tires and they were almost 4 years old.
"Quality, not quantity".
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
2241 posts
3439 upvotes
West
aikojayn wrote: How much does CT charge for installation and balancing?
Varies, but generally $0 for installation of in-house bought tires, and $20-25 + tax per tire for mounting/balancing.
Dec 31, 2016
161 posts
211 upvotes
Fredericton
Phonophoresis wrote: Varies, but generally $0 for installation of in-house bought tires, and $20-25 + tax per tire for mounting/balancing.
Id also wonder if you didnt have them mounted at CT would they say your warranty is gonzo.
"Quality, not quantity".
Oct 28, 2016
132 posts
44 upvotes
Does it say anywhere when the sale is until? I don’t see it anywhere on site.
Thx
Mar 30, 2008
816 posts
333 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks op! Perfect timing. I was shopping for a set of tires for my daughter's car and was trying to pick up a set of Michelin cross climates. Sold out everywhere and $$$. These are highly rated tire at an excellent price. Saved about $70 a tire. Anybody know how Canadian tire are for installation these days?
Mar 30, 2008
816 posts
333 upvotes
Vancouver
jhinkarlo wrote: If you're buying Tires at CT, better get them to install it with the tire warranty with replacement advantage thing. I had these set of TrueContacts (old model) 5 years ago and on the 5th year (not even the full year) the tires started to crack or weather cracking. It's a bit of a work to claim warranty with CT but in the end I got my set replaced with year old ones they had but at least i'm good for another 4-5 years. I'd go to Kal Tire as I think their warranty replacements are better than CT so I hear.
I always buy at Kal tire. Unfortunately, they do not sell this tire, so, no price match and installation with them.
Dec 31, 2016
161 posts
211 upvotes
Fredericton
madmox wrote: Thanks op! Perfect timing. I was shopping for a set of tires for my daughter's car and was trying to pick up a set of Michelin cross climates. Sold out everywhere and $$$. These are highly rated tire at an excellent price. Saved about $70 a tire. Anybody know how Canadian tire are for installation these days?
Im not sure how they would differ from any other place? I apprenticed at CT and installed more tires than I care to mention...licensed guys only did tires when the shop was slow.
"Quality, not quantity".
Sep 8, 2010
474 posts
1192 upvotes
Windsor
fleeecy wrote: Got a set of those during CT’s last clearance sale.

My Volvo V50 has become much more enjoyable to drive around with these.

Thumbs Up Sign
Going to put these on my Volvo S60.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2640 posts
823 upvotes
GTA
I purchased Michelin pilot sports all season 4 a few days ago from a tire shop (245/40/18) for a really good price. With all the shortages for everything nowadays, I decided to shop around early. Paid 850 taxes in at The Tire Boss. Highly recommend the shop. The dot for my tires were 44/21. The price went up recently but is still the best price around at $950. Recommend calling them and see what they have for you. I got lucky and the owner honoured the posted price before increasing the price after my purchase by 50. The owner said tire prices recently went up and sees the prices going up again in Spring. I didn’t think waiting for Spring rebates would help with this current economy. The price for my tires everywhere else on average were 1100-1300 taxes in for the same set.
Last edited by dnyc on Jan 25th, 2022 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)