Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Continental Winter Tires 205 50 17 *Clearance deal, other sizes also on clearance*

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 11:48 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2709 posts
536 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Continental Winter Tires 205 50 17 *Clearance deal, other sizes also on clearance*

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0072282
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/tires/pd ... 72282.html

after tire recycling fees and taxes 557.xx

My last set of continental winter tires lasted many seasons even when i was getting late to change them back over so when i saw these come up had to grab a set.

Also True Contact on clearance. I know theres afew 225 45 17s flying around, This is where ig ot my 2017 15" set from
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0072322
Last edited by westnylefx on Jun 29th, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
39 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11934 posts
18850 upvotes
Very YMMV with CT clearance tires
Last edited by stephroll on Jun 28th, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2504 posts
1000 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Might want to pick a better title.
Oct 26, 2016
299 posts
391 upvotes
-=phelan=- wrote: Can't find anything for my tire size that's on clearance...but just a fyi last time I was at cdn tire for a clearance on tires they were selling new tires but they were five yrs old according to date code markings
They tried to do this to me, I bought a set of 15 inch goodyears on clearance and when I went to pick them up, the date code was mid 2017 on 3 of the tires... I told them to either bring me new tires, all made within the last year or to give me my money back... the guy at the counter argued with me and said what do I care about age, they're new :facepalm:

But to those who don't know, they'll easily get suckered just because of the price. So anyone reading this, if you ever buy clearance tires, check the 4 digit date code on the sidewall!
May 8, 2016
266 posts
182 upvotes
Ontario
alanbrenton wrote: No dice for my vehicle in 16 or 17".

Maybe check reviews for these come winter time.

MICHELIN INTRODUCES NEW X-ICE SNOW WINTER TIRE
https://michelinmedia.com/pages/blog/de ... e/c0/a961/
These are one of the best tires to hit the market in a long, long time. Michelin has always just been a hair behind Bridgestone in terms of overall lateral grip and stability but these are outstanding winter tires. I've always been a Blizzak girl, but I'm seriously considering swapping out for a set of these this winter!
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3149 posts
2970 upvotes
Oakville
WRIGHT828 wrote: These are one of the best tires to hit the market in a long, long time. Michelin has always just been a hair behind Bridgestone in terms of overall lateral grip and stability but these are outstanding winter tires. I've always been a Blizzak girl, but I'm seriously considering swapping out for a set of these this winter!
I have Blizzacks WSseries and Michelin XIce3 on the other. Blizzacks are better on slush, Xice3 better on every other road condition.

Michelin is far better imo thank Blizzacks for this particular model.

Lastly,.for summer tires if you want premium tires you don't buy these, you go for Pirelli. Not sure I agree Bridgestone being better than Michelin, Micheline has been reputidely the better tire manufacturer.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3668 posts
2526 upvotes
Toronto
Hmmmm this is exactly the size I need for my Mazda 3 GT that comes with the 17's. Strongly considering
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53881 posts
18816 upvotes
WRIGHT828 wrote: These are one of the best tires to hit the market in a long, long time. Michelin has always just been a hair behind Bridgestone in terms of overall lateral grip and stability but these are outstanding winter tires. I've always been a Blizzak girl, but I'm seriously considering swapping out for a set of these this winter!
I was thinking of the Michelin Cross Climate but reviews are just so-so and some on tirerack say it's noisy. With all-weather tires, there really are compromises. I will probably have to replaced my XI2's from 2010 lol with these X-Ice Snow.

I read with Blizzaks, once the tread wears down, the rubber composition is different. We have the Blizzak DVS2? on our RAV4H though.

And I also thought about having to use jack stands (rarely used them) if I only use a set of tire/wheels instead of the current two set setup lol.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
11894 posts
3183 upvotes
Scarberia
1 instock lol at agincourt tire! i need 4!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
May 8, 2016
266 posts
182 upvotes
Ontario
cb8888 wrote: They tried to do this to me, I bought a set of 15 inch goodyears on clearance and when I went to pick them up, the date code was mid 2017 on 3 of the tires... I told them to either bring me new tires, all made within the last year or to give me my money back... the guy at the counter argued with me and said what do I care about age, they're new :facepalm:

But to those who don't know, they'll easily get suckered just because of the price. So anyone reading this, if you ever buy clearance tires, check the 4 digit date code on the sidewall!
A dealer will often only offer significant discounts on a tire to clear out aged & discontinued stock. It's common practice. Why would a retailer, or even a wholesaler for that matter choose to lose money on new stock? Also, keep in mind that it's not uncommon for the manufacturer to ship stock that is 18-24 months past its build date. This happens often with low volume SKUs. So tire gets built, ships from that facility to the manufacturer's warehouse (this may be 90+ days if coming from overseas), sits in the manufacturer warehouse for potentially 2 years, then is shipped to a distributor and may be held in the distributors' inventory until it's eventually sold to a retail customer. This is less frequent with popular patterns and sizes. This is why warranties are typically offered based on the date of sale and not the date of manufacturing. The RMA recommendation of 6 years is just that, a recommendation based on the service life of the tire. A tire that has been in service for 6 years exposed to the elements, ozone, and constant load is entirely different than a tire that's been stored in a climate-controlled facility for its life.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
11894 posts
3183 upvotes
Scarberia
zdpz wrote: I have Blizzacks WSseries and Michelin XIce3 on the other. Blizzacks are better on slush, Xice3 better on every other road condition.

Michelin is far better imo thank Blizzacks for this particular model.

Lastly,.for summer tires if you want premium tires you don't buy these, you go for Pirelli. Not sure I agree Bridgestone being better than Michelin, Micheline has been reputidely the better tire manufacturer.
its all ymmv imo, dpens what car u drive, how fast u drive, the road conditions, how GOOD of a driver u are , too many variables, of course always use separate summer and winter tires....don't ever use all season tires yr round, no no!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1238 posts
162 upvotes
Richmond Hill
For CT clearance tires make sure you check the date, they can be 5+ years old.