Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

[CT] Clearance/Refurbished/OB Tools YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2016 11:10 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 16, 2009
3562 posts
1613 upvotes
'Shwallywood

[Canadian Tire] [CT] Clearance/Refurbished/OB Tools YMMV

I was wandering through the Canadian Tire in Whitby, Consumers road by Brock St and the 401.

They were bringing out and tagging various power tools. It is very YMMV.

They appear to be open box, manufacturer refurbs and discontinued.

They had around 20 or so 10"MC Mitre saws for $75 http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... p.html#srp
10 MC Table saws for $149 http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... p.html#srp
Various compressors starting from $44 all MC branded. They also had the larger higher cfm ones going for $150 http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... p.html#srp
The compressors have signs saying 30 day warranty, it can be hit or miss, but often they can be easily repaired down the road.
Bandsaws starting at $75 http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... p.html#srp

There were a lot more tools out, mostly stationary. There's a massive setup in the aisle before kitchenware

Other stores may have these sales, but it's very YMMV. They appeared to just receive shipment of these items as they were tagging and I didn't want to seem like too much of a creeper taking photos.

I know I will get flamed for posting Masterkrap deals, but for the average home user, they're passable.

Safety boots were also on clearance, they have them in many stores, Timberline by Kodiaks for $46-56 sizes are YMMV but they are solid CSA rated boots

8" http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/timbe ... p.html#srp ($52.99-$56)
6"http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/timbe ... p.html#srp ($47)

These you can reserve in store for pick up.

My bad, it is brock st, not road. Just moved from Ajax to Oshawa so I get the 2 mixed up!
Last edited by nellium on Sep 24th, 2016 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
22 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2723 upvotes
ON
Some pretty good deals there.
Was looking for a compressor and went for the [email protected] MasterCraft "maximum"
$114.
Enough to run most serious air tools and a decent price.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
24056 posts
9553 upvotes
Socially Distanced
aqnd wrote: Some pretty good deals there.
+1
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Sr. Member
Apr 5, 2008
691 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
Cool, can anyone confirm if these are being cleared out elsewhere too?
Member
User avatar
Jul 9, 2003
355 posts
145 upvotes
As that WAS my home store I can tell you this straight up: The dealers in Whitby (both stores) love to get refurbished stuff in bulk. It's rare to find these items elsewhere. Sometimes the deals are phenomenal.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 9, 2011
1595 posts
1006 upvotes
Toronto
Deals are quite good imo, I already have an old delta table saw and circular, just bought a light weighted 7.25" sliding miter saw for $78 vs $120 for new on sale. There was a 10" sliding miter saw at $120, but it's 32lbs! Not so portable.

Skil 24" clamps were $6.99 each, reg $23! That was a good price! Some pricing in store are cheaper than online and other store pricing in Gta.

Friend just bought a MC drill press there for $150 new, and regular is more than $200.

Please be aware, 30 exchange only at the same store, if no exchange available, full refund will be given
Images
  • IMG_20160922_172719.jpg
  • IMG_20160922_171656.jpg
  • IMG_20160922_170149.jpg
  • IMG_20160922_165005.jpg
  • IMG_20160922_163839.jpg
  • IMG_20160922_163246.jpg
  • IMG_20160922_163242.jpg
  • IMG_20160922_163234.jpg
Newbie
Jul 13, 2014
25 posts
3 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
yellowmp5 wrote: Deals are quite good imo, I already have an old delta table saw and circular, just bought a light weighted 7.25" sliding miter saw for $78 vs $120 for new on sale. There was a 10" sliding miter saw at $120, but it's 32lbs! Not so portable.

Skil 24" clamps were $6.99 each, reg $23! That was a good price! Some pricing in store are cheaper than online and other store pricing in Gta.

Friend just bought a MC drill press there for $150 new, and regular is more than $200.

Please be aware, 30 exchange only at the same store, if no exchange available, full refund will be given
When did you take these pictures? I went there on Tuesday afternoon and there were only table saw a and miter saws. Clamps air compressors and band saws were gone :(
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 9, 2011
1595 posts
1006 upvotes
Toronto
Today at 4 pm, there were in front of kitchen aisle few steps away from the entrance, and little bit at the tools area.
Newbie
Jul 13, 2014
25 posts
3 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
yellowmp5 wrote: Today at 4 pm, there were in front of kitchen aisle few steps away from the entrance, and little bit at the tools area.
Damn, will have to try again after work today then,thanks. Just to confirm this is the consumers drive store correct?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 9, 2011
1595 posts
1006 upvotes
Toronto
yes, consumer drive store...i first thought it was Brock "ROAD" and 401, then had my passenger checked again, it was Brock "STREET" which made another 12km further..... =[
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 3, 2006
5640 posts
2029 upvotes
yellowmp5 wrote: Skil 24" clamps were $6.99 each, reg $23! That was a good price!
SHITE dude that's a fantastic price. I would have bought a ton of them and clamped the hell out of my house, deck, and whatever else renovation projects....
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
6002 posts
2182 upvotes
Wow that 7.25" sliding mitre saw for $77 is awesome

I waited a long time to buy my ryobi 10" for $175

Even on Kijiji I couldn't find any used mitre saw, of any size, sliding or not, for less than 100$
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
6002 posts
2182 upvotes
deezz wrote:
yellowmp5 wrote: Skil 24" clamps were $6.99 each, reg $23! That was a good price!
**** dude that's a fantastic price. I would have bought a ton of them and clamped the hell out of my house, deck, and whatever else renovation projects....
Are skil clamps any good?
My master craft ones are falling apart after less than two years. Lucky they have lifetime warranty so I get them replaced for free, but it's annoying.
Irwin is the best out of the big box brands
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 16, 2009
3562 posts
1613 upvotes
'Shwallywood
deezz wrote:
yellowmp5 wrote: Skil 24" clamps were $6.99 each, reg $23! That was a good price!
**** dude that's a fantastic price. I would have bought a ton of them and clamped the hell out of my house, deck, and whatever else renovation projects....
I was playing around with them, they felt a heck of a lot less sturdy than the cheap mastercrafts. They'll be good for things like veneer, but I would not trust it to hold lumber
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Sr. Member
Mar 10, 2007
890 posts
369 upvotes
They are Refurbished . Mastercraft comes with Canadian tire store warranty so anytime customer return for warranty repair they just give new one to customer and manufacturer refurbish faulty unit.

These stores in whitby are buying those refurbished units
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 9, 2011
1595 posts
1006 upvotes
Toronto
Just exchanged my 7-1/4" slide miter saw with a 10" slide miter saw for an extra $40. This one came with 40T blade (not 24T), and laser(not so important) But cutting 2x4 and 2x6 with 10" blade is much easier and efficient than a 7-1/4" blade. Looks like my bevel decal on this one is off by +1° though .
Images
  • IMG-20160924-WA0031.jpeg
  • IMG-20160924-WA0029.jpeg
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4147 posts
1496 upvotes
Edmonton
aqnd wrote: Some pretty good deals there.
Was looking for a compressor and went for the [email protected] MasterCraft "maximum"
$114.
Enough to run most serious air tools and a decent price.
I hope your joking. 4 cfm will only run the basics. I have 18 [email protected] and i can tell when its getting bogged down and if I had someone running one tool and me running another it won't make it. And if I'm painting or sanding it's running nonstop.
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2723 upvotes
ON
tmkf_patryk wrote:
aqnd wrote: Some pretty good deals there.
Was looking for a compressor and went for the [email protected] MasterCraft "maximum"
$114.
Enough to run most serious air tools and a decent price.
I hope your joking. 4 cfm will only run the basics. I have 18 [email protected] and i can tell when its getting bogged down and if I had someone running one tool and me running another it won't make it. And if I'm painting or sanding it's running nonstop.
I don't run an auto shop and 4 is an upgrade from the 2.x I've been using.
I need it to run nail guns and an air chisel, all rated at 4cfm or less.

For this price range, are you expecting pro shop power or something?
For home use, 4 will cover majority of my needs.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4147 posts
1496 upvotes
Edmonton
aqnd wrote:
tmkf_patryk wrote:
aqnd wrote: Some pretty good deals there.
Was looking for a compressor and went for the [email protected] MasterCraft "maximum"
$114.
Enough to run most serious air tools and a decent price.
I hope your joking. 4 cfm will only run the basics. I have 18 [email protected] and i can tell when its getting bogged down and if I had someone running one tool and me running another it won't make it. And if I'm painting or sanding it's running nonstop.
I don't run an auto shop and 4 is an upgrade from the 2.x I've been using.
I need it to run nail guns and an air chisel, all rated at 4cfm or less.

For this price range, are you expecting pro shop power or something?
For home use, 4 will cover majority of my needs.
I seen for 200-300 on Kijiji a 5hp+ compressor. And there are so many ads on for em. I just find when you said it runs most serious air tools very funny. There's more tools it won't run than it will. But either way if it works for you then great. I'm looking for a second compressor but looking at 7.5hp or higher.
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8

Top