Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] [CT] Geeni Sentry Smart Floodlight & 1080P HD Security Camera $112.49 25% OFF

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2021 1:03 pm
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
130 posts
237 upvotes
Vancouver

[Canadian Tire] [CT] Geeni Sentry Smart Floodlight & 1080P HD Security Camera $112.49 25% OFF

Great product, On Sale, but i bought 2 already at regular price.
spotlight turns on when motion is detected. 1080p video quality is fantastic. add a sdcard for video playback.
Geeni app works great. nothing but satisfaction from Merkury Innovations.

I did not want to remove my existing lighting, so i used this hack to mount the geeni floodlight higher above my 2 garage doors. I drilled a hole right above and between the 2 doors. ran the wire into the garage. i used an extension cord between the geeni floodlight and to the nearest outlet. this hack is good if you dont have existing lighting to replace. gives you an AC option for direct plug-in.

Images
  • flood rfd.JPG
Last edited by MobilityMan on Jun 6th, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
6 replies
Dec 9, 2009
214 posts
68 upvotes
For the backyard, its good and could use the power outlet beside the patio but anyone can easily pull it out from power plug and the whole system would become brick.
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
130 posts
237 upvotes
Vancouver
mike_dera wrote: For the backyard, its good and could use the power outlet beside the patio but anyone can easily pull it out from power plug and the whole system would become brick.
I did not want to remove my existing lighting, so i used this hack to mount the geeni floodlight higher above my 2 garage doors. I drilled a hole right above and between the 2 doors. ran the wire into the garage. i used an extension cord between the geeni and to the nearest outlet. this hack is good if you dont have existing lighting to replace. gives you an AC option for direct plug-in.
Dec 26, 2017
524 posts
407 upvotes
Following to see what people think of it .. I don't mind replacing my existing backyard light as I was thinking of getting a flood light instead
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
130 posts
237 upvotes
Vancouver
Benzat17 wrote: Following to see what people think of it .. I don't mind replacing my existing backyard light as I was thinking of getting a flood light instead
I love it, i set the siren to come on with the floodlight, i get too many people using my driveway to do U-Turns. they get quick blast of light and siren. I do disable the siren as its very loud and annoying, LOL. It has stopped the regular neighbours from using my driveway for uturns.