Create on/off schedules from any location
No hub required - works via Wi-Fi 2.4 Ghz home network
Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
Grounded 1-outlet plug
Will not block second outlet
Great for home security
Includes 3 plugs per pack

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/glob ... 6358p.html
Last edited by georvu on Nov 29th, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
97 replies
Jan 9, 2013
114 posts
223 upvotes
White City
Bought these last year and they work great. Easy to setup.

Have one scheduled to turn the Christmas tree lights on and off.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3579 posts
810 upvotes
I bought these last time they were on sale and they're handy for a little things that you may need to reboot at times when you're not at home.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Jul 25, 2018
15 posts
4 upvotes
Yeas! I was waiting for exactly this deal! Bought last year and thought I would never use the, but now I need exactly 3 more. Thank you!
Oct 24, 2005
588 posts
200 upvotes
I hope there is a universial app which can work/connect with all smart plugs/switches etc.
I had purchased from Costco, Lowes and used two different apps to set them up.

Also this Q&A is concerning:
--------------------------------------------------------
JuannyPoo · a year ago
Paul's review shows that some electricity is still flowing when in the OFF state with his.... does anyone else have this issue/common with these?

Globe Electric · a year ago
Thank you for your inquiry, A very small amount of power is drawn from the device when it is turned off with the plug.
Kind regards,

So it seems like the manufacturer confirmed it is more like a dimmer?
Dec 22, 2016
369 posts
321 upvotes
SW Ontario
cn008 wrote: I hope there is a universial app which can work/connect with all smart plugs/switches etc.
I had purchased from Costco, Lowes and used two different apps to set them up.

Also this Q&A is concerning:
JuannyPoo · a year ago
Paul's review shows that some electricity is still flowing when in the OFF state with his.... does anyone else have this issue/common with these?

Globe Electric · a year ago
Thank you for your inquiry, A very small amount of power is drawn from the device when it is turned off with the plug.
Kind regards,

So it seems like the manufacturer confirmed it is more like a dimmer?
I'm sure its more of a way to keep the wifi connection linked to the device when the light is off.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1498 posts
1284 upvotes
Québec Gold
Also same kind of deal at HomeDepot (CommercialElectric brand)
Images
  • 2FA2CA17-0A4F-4F34-BB59-86D054F5FA05.jpeg
  • 602B039F-B010-4D82-BFA3-3AAEACAB460A.jpeg
Aug 22, 2019
134 posts
83 upvotes
I have these around my house. Easy to set up and work with Alexa. Might grab 3 more.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1389 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
Any ideas what to use these for? Besides Christmas lights and a kettle which you’ll need to stand up to fill with water anyway.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6315 posts
2747 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Gunnerheadboy wrote: Any ideas what to use these for? Besides Christmas lights and a kettle which you’ll need to stand up to fill with water anyway.
Lamps and other items you might want on a timer.

Restart routers or other similar devices.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1186 posts
1323 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Yeah these went on sale last BF too. Good price. I bought some last time around and they run great.

The 3 I bought yesterday are absolute crap!! They randomly turn off which is so poor. Not satisfied at all! They also make a whining sound which makes me concerned about some transmitters going bad. Be warned!!!! DO NOT BUY! They were great last time around but this set is horrible. No wonder Costco discounted this model under a different brand name.
Last edited by Bigboy16 on Nov 29th, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 21, 2012
298 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
I have these, and wanted to use one with a small upright room heater, it worked for about a week, then just stopped, anyone have any ideas as to why?
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2003
2305 posts
73 upvotes
Mississauga
Bigboy16 wrote: Yeah these went on sale last BF too. Good price. I bought some last time around and they run great.

The 3 I bought yesterday are absolute crap!! They randomly turn off which is so poor. Not satisfied at all! They also make a whining sound which makes me concerned about some transmitters going bad.
Same here, two out of the 3 turn on and off every 2/3 mins... absolute junk.
Sep 12, 2018
296 posts
180 upvotes
yolomolo wrote: Also same kind of deal at HomeDepot (CommercialElectric brand)
Is there a link for this one? I need some 15A and the power monitoring is definitely a plus. I will finally make my washer "smart".
Koodo - $35/5GB
Zoomer - $40/6GB
Telus - 2x $40/25GB
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1186 posts
1323 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Justonemore wrote: Is there a link for this one? I need some 15A and the power monitoring is definitely a plus. I will finally make my washer "smart".
Go for the Yellow ones on PrimeCables. They have a crappier app, but work well and have energy monitoring. These globe ones are 1800w. Those are 1600 i think.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Sep 12, 2018
296 posts
180 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: Go for the Yellow ones on PrimeCables. They have a crappier app, but work well and have energy monitoring. These globe ones are 1800w. Those are 1600 i think.
This CE wifi 15A from HD and Costco have a better price and both can install Tasmota using Tuya-convert.
But I cannot find online the one the other user mentioned.
Koodo - $35/5GB
Zoomer - $40/6GB
Telus - 2x $40/25GB
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6315 posts
2747 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
rookie wrote: Same here, two out of the 3 turn on and off every 2/3 mins... absolute junk.
Which app do you use?

Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13293 posts
3638 upvotes
Scarberia
does anyone know if these smart plugs will reboot the asus ac86u when u power off/on this plug with the router connected to it..be good for auto rebooting so u don't need to manually unplug the cord! tia

wont the plug lose power if the router is down also?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1186 posts
1323 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
georvu wrote: Which app do you use?
This is happening to me too. It's not an app issue. My old globe ones that look like this are working fine. It's these new ones. I'm using the Globe app.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6315 posts
2747 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Bigboy16 wrote: This is happening to me too. It's not an app issue. My old globe ones that look like this are working fine. It's these new ones. I'm using the Globe app.
Try with Tuya app... had issues with globe app however seem to better function with Tuya. Wonder if some bad batch??

Else return.