Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

CT - NOMA 50W Amorphous Solar Panel Kit - $119/$99/$79 (depending on location) clearance (reg $349)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2021 7:16 pm
Feb 9, 2018
70 posts
54 upvotes
yao416 wrote: Showing $80 for me but I’m too damn lazy to drive to Burlington
I am in Toronto, and debating if to drive out there.lol
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1579 posts
518 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I am science stupid, if I score one of these and I have a car battery I replaced last week. What are some of the use around home?
May 2, 2008
534 posts
804 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
What batteries do people use with these kinds of solar panels ?
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10801 posts
3345 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Acezx11 wrote: May i ask why you consider that a better deal? Solely because it is crystalline, or any other reasons?
yes correct, mono crystaline I believe is the superior product.
Feb 9, 2018
70 posts
54 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: yes correct, mono crystaline I believe is the superior product.
You seem rather knowledgeable on this subject, would it be ok for me to pm you for some more info. I am looking to come up with a recharging solution for a double battery overlanding setup that i am looking to power a small fridge, some LED lights, perhaps even a small pump and heater for water.
Jul 15, 2011
68 posts
174 upvotes
kronos288 wrote: Looks like the charge controller has USB ports.
Just grab one from Burlington store today. although stock says 30+ but just 2 left on the aisle. For those think it as a open box and plug everything to charge phones via the USB port, you are just like me but wrong.
The controller only pass&control power to a further 12V battery; without a 12V battery, this set won't even turn on!!
So basically you can use the USB when you have the controller+a 12V battery (even without the solar panel), as you actually use the 12V battery to power the USB ports!

I buy it assume I can use it directly to charge via the USB ports; now feel it is useful somewhat (recharging, at a lower speed & with 2 relative big and fragile boards), but not actually that useful if always need to pair with a heavy 12V battery. Because for short weekend camping, a fully charged power station usually good enough; if I really go deep into woods and backcountry camping then the boards are too heavy to carry. If use at home/backyard, it is only 50W and barely able to power anything serious, also require a little further invest on inverter, better controller (eventually), breakage etc.
I plan to keep it as some experiment toy.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7655 posts
1650 upvotes
Alberta
Calgary Deerfoot has the 50W model at $99.99. Quantity of 4 shown at stock checker site.