16,000 lb (8-ton) gross vehicle weight capacity

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/rhin ... p.html#srp
14 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
12677 posts
6559 upvotes
Southern Ontario
PartSource puts these on sale often for $54.99-59.99, minus $10 signup coupon too.

PrincessAuto has 13K ramps for $44.99, free ship
Nov 13, 2019
17 posts
54 upvotes
I bought these a couple weeks ago, excited to try them out this summer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4968 posts
1484 upvotes
Vancouver
AncasterRFD wrote: PartSource puts these on sale often for $54.99-59.99, minus $10 signup coupon too.

PrincessAuto has 13K ramps for $44.99, free ship
PA ones look pretty good. Unfortunately we dont have a PS here on the West Coast
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
12677 posts
6559 upvotes
Southern Ontario
hesp wrote: PA ones look pretty good. Unfortunately we dont have a PS here on the West Coast
I ended up buying PA ones, good customer satisfaction policy. Don’t forget stands for backup if low vehicle.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2278 posts
909 upvotes
Edmonton
Same price princess . In New flyer.
IMG_20200618_105510.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8488 posts
749 upvotes
I'm pretty sure using them "correctly" there is very little chance of failure... BUT

I was going to buy this as well, pretty much for doing work under the car as well as oil changes... and I needed to install a couple of hitches. I changed my mind and got some 2x10 lumber... screwed and construction adhesive the entire thing together and it is extremely stable, BUT I still put a car jack just in case. My ramps are heavy, probably about 40lbs each but the angle is more gradual and much easier to drive onto without over doing it (I put a high stop as well).

Just putting it out there to build your own, it cost me $35 in lumber... screws and construction adhesive I always have tons of. Also recommend putting some sort of "abrasive" material on the underside. I put some thin foam padding that I was gonna discard anyway. I build mine sorta like this... not exactly... more suited to my 2 cars. https://azoffroading.com/blog/do-it-you ... car-ramps/

good luck everyone and be safe when working under cars. I see peeps on youtube being way too risky when working on stuff under cars.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Jul 27, 2009
747 posts
220 upvotes
toronto
1963 cadillac. I use these ALL the time. No jack stands needed. Just run car up and good to go. They have same/better rating than stands. From there i will use jack and stands if i need to go higher. Never used on rear end though.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7711 posts
3935 upvotes
Alberta
sleepyguy wrote: I'm pretty sure using them "correctly" there is very little chance of failure... BUT

I was going to buy this as well, pretty much for doing work under the car as well as oil changes... and I needed to install a couple of hitches. I changed my mind and got some 2x10 lumber... screwed and construction adhesive the entire thing together and it is extremely stable, BUT I still put a car jack just in case. My ramps are heavy, probably about 40lbs each but the angle is more gradual and much easier to drive onto without over doing it (I put a high stop as well).

Just putting it out there to build your own, it cost me $35 in lumber... screws and construction adhesive I always have tons of. Also recommend putting some sort of "abrasive" material on the underside. I put some thin foam padding that I was gonna discard anyway. I build mine sorta like this... not exactly... more suited to my 2 cars. https://azoffroading.com/blog/do-it-you ... car-ramps/

good luck everyone and be safe when working under cars. I see peeps on youtube being way too risky when working on stuff under cars.
After seeing this video, there is no way I will be buying this cheap plastic POS.
Oct 31, 2010
509 posts
295 upvotes
Edmonton
jackrabbit000 wrote: After seeing this video, there is no way I will be buying this cheap plastic POS.
Ya, almost pulled the trigger until I saw how it split down the side. It's not like his vehicle is a heavy vehicle either. I'll stick with Jack and Jack stands for now.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19139 posts
3773 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I'm confused. I thought oil changes should be done with the car totally horizontal. Don't these ramps bring the nose of the car higher than the rear?
- Casual Gastronomist -
Feb 14, 2008
283 posts
131 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: I'm confused. I thought oil changes should be done with the car totally horizontal. Don't these ramps bring the nose of the car higher than the rear?
If you know how much oil your car takes, you just pour that approximate amount in. Start it, drive it off the ramps to level out, and then top up the remaining amount.

Bought these ramps from Part Source and drove my 4500+lbs Buick Enclave on these without issues. I believe these failures we're seeing are from people who have stone/brick driveways. Uneven ground adds pin-point pressure points and it cracks.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
12677 posts
6559 upvotes
Southern Ontario
The underside of my Princess Auto ones do not have chunk connections, they are long horizontal strips, probably less prone to failure. I use jack stands as backup anyway.

Jan 29, 2020
159 posts
169 upvotes
I bought plastic ramps to replace metal ones. The plastic ones slip when you're driving onto them, so I took them back and hit the metal ones with a rattle can of rust oleum.
Apr 21, 2020
39 posts
14 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
The motomaster ones are on sale now and they don't look too bad either. Prob gonna pickup one up to try, being lazy to jackup my car from both sides for an oil change.

$58.49

Motomaster Ramp