Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

Cuisinart Chef's Classic Dutch Oven Liquidation (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2015 11:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2006
2181 posts
280 upvotes
Montreal

[Canadian Tire] Cuisinart Chef's Classic Dutch Oven Liquidation (YMMV)

I was looking for a new, slightly smaller dutch oven at my local Canadian Tire (Vaudreuil) and came across a few of the Cuisinart Chef Classic ones on liquidation.

It was ONLY the green ones on liquidation so I'm guessing they're being cleared out since Cuisinart seems to have discontinued the color.

Here's more details of the 4.7L one I bought: http://www.cuisinart.ca/cuisinart_produ ... at_id=8122

The 4.7L round was going for $48 and if memory serves me correct, the 6.6L was $70 and the smaller 2.8L was $30. This is less expensive than the current "sale" prices of the Lagostina Tuscan collection which seem to have a substantially lower build quality. I'm not sure if this is YMMV though so good hunting!

Much less expensive than Amazon.com as well: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_89_ ... 2528832011

I used it last night for some braised beef and couldn't be happier. The quality of cooking and evaporation is comparable to my larger, much pricier Staub.

Exterior / unpackaged view, perfect size for my expandable burner:

30 replies
Jan 2, 2009
442 posts
194 upvotes
thanks! I went and bought the 7qt one, said regular $349 and on sale for $99. I don't really know if that is that great of a sale, as I understand 70% off isn't unusual for these things at the Tire, but I had been keeping my eye open on one for my wife for Mother's Day, so this fit the bill.
Feb 9, 2015
255 posts
69 upvotes
St Catharines, ON
Great price for this piece of equipment. I have one and am very happy with it. Good find OP
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2709 posts
1381 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Thanks! will buy one for mom
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2693 posts
236 upvotes
Markham
Anyone have any reviews on Dutch Ovens? Is this deal steaming hot or could it potentially just smell of mild hotness?
Be Happy
Jan 9, 2012
37 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
I can't say much for the cuisinart one but I have tried other Dutch ovens and I have to say none compare to Le Creuset. The build and the quality of it is unmatched. I got a pretty sweet deal over at the healthy butcher in the GTA. They were willing to price match Williams Food Supply. I got the 4.7L Oval Dutch oven for $230. It's expensive but i am hoping its a life time commitment.

Other great alternatives would be the Staub and the Lodge. They also have ones without the enamel coating as well.
Feb 4, 2010
399 posts
213 upvotes
Montreal
beachdude wrote: Anyone have any reviews on Dutch Ovens? Is this deal steaming hot or could it potentially just smell of mild hotness?
It is a very great heat keeper.

Thus, if you maintain a mild temperature, it will keep the mild temperature on the long run. If you maintain a hot temp, it will keep the hot temperature on the long run.

That's the same idea as a slow cooker if you want, but in your oven, or on a fire (i don't know if this piece is able to), etc.

...In fact, we'd say that a slow cooker is an electrical dutch oven (cocotte in french) working on lower temperature :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2006
2181 posts
280 upvotes
Montreal
I found this review which seems to be quite comprehensive: http://m.thesweethome.com/reviews/best-dutch-oven/

We used it a second night and I really can't be happier with my choice. The build quality is excellent, it cleans perfectly with just hot water and the base's heat distribution is top notch.

I'm thinking of going back for the smaller one now.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2008
1723 posts
531 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
sale isn't as good in vancouver bc, 4.5L like pictured above was 79 bucks ;(
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
20531 posts
13920 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
PSA - the price is different depending on the colour you choose (at least for the 7 quart ones).

I was over at the CT on Marine Drive and they have lots in stock. The pricing as noted above is much higher for some colours.

I was able to pick up a emerald green 7 Qt one for $80. The other colours like Blue were $99 and the reddish brown one was $129. I would assume that the other sizes may have the similar pricing according to colour.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2008
1723 posts
531 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
craftsman wrote: PSA - the price is different depending on the colour you choose (at least for the 7 quart ones).

I was over at the CT on Marine Drive and they have lots in stock. The pricing as noted above is much higher for some colours.

I was able to pick up a emerald green 7 Qt one for $80. The other colours like Blue were $99 and the reddish brown one was $129. I would assume that the other sizes may have the similar pricing according to colour.
was there any of the 50 bucks 5 qt ones? The turquoise 5qt one i saw (same color as op) was 80 at the vancouver location by rupert station area.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
20531 posts
13920 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Jenniyah wrote: was there any of the 50 bucks 5 qt ones? The turquoise 5qt one i saw (same color as op) was 80 at the vancouver location by rupert station area.
Didn't look too closely at the 5 Qt ones but they did have a good selection. The prices on the shelf didn't necessarily match the product behind it (ie the emerald green one had a shelf label price of $99) - I took each one to the price checking station to verify the prices.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2006
2181 posts
280 upvotes
Montreal
Looks like different prices at different stores. I was at the L'Acadie location this morning and none were on sale.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1430 posts
582 upvotes
Montreal,QC
only the green ones are on clearance from what I scanned
the blue, purple, turquoise are all reg price

i scanned the 5qt

this was place vertu montreal
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6663 posts
2300 upvotes
I got my wife a dutch oven last night. She wasn't very happy.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4912 posts
1031 upvotes
Just bought one at the Woodbine and Major Mac location.

Thanks OP[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/B2V0Zzm.jpg[/IMG]
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Aug 29, 2005
604 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
A Dutch oven liquidation usually means it's time for new sheets for the bed too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2006
2181 posts
280 upvotes
Montreal
porksoda wrote: They usually go on sale for about 89 / 69 / 49.

Pretty good value for sure!
I've been monitor these things religiously. I've never seen them the larger 7QT below $95.