Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Dec. 1 - 8, 2022 Pennzoil 5L synthetic oil various grades for $34.99 plus $15 rebate limit 2 per address = $24.55 all in

[OP]
Oct 14, 2007
546 posts
1108 upvotes
Thedford

[Canadian Tire] Dec. 1 - 8, 2022 Pennzoil 5L synthetic oil various grades for $34.99 plus $15 rebate limit 2 per address = $24.55 all in

December 1 - 8, 2022

Upcoming Canadian Tire flyer has Pennzoil Synthetic Motor oil various grades on sale for $34.99 with an online rebate of $15 for two rebates per person / household / address.

Factoring the rebate and tax (13% in Ontario) this works out to $24.55 all in for a 5 litre jug for a well regarded oil.

The flyer says visit Pennzoil.ca/rebate for details.

Last edited by darcyh on Nov 28th, 2022 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
240 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2910 posts
1451 upvotes
Interesting. No rebate is listed yet on Pennzoil for DIY. I believe the $25 lifestyle stuff was supposed to expire end of October if I am not mistaken.
Loose lips sink ships. | His Majesty's Naval Service
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4633 posts
4890 upvotes
GTA
McMaggot wrote: Interesting. No rebate is listed yet on Pennzoil for DIY. I believe the $25 lifestyle stuff was supposed to expire end of October if I am not mistaken.
The page will go live when the CT sale starts on Dec 1. I personally like this rebate better because it's straight cash off the purchase price.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17013 posts
4799 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Which dealerships will do the oil change properly with my own oil? I know Mazda ones don't.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
2272 posts
4241 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
wally_walrus wrote: That is not for the same price... Supertech is $24.99 before tax (and out of stock online) while PP is $24.54 after tax and most likely in stock at CT
Also CT tire money, spend $50 get $10 back, 20x oil, etc. Last time I bought this 1 jug came out to almost $18 after tax.
Dec 24, 2015
330 posts
225 upvotes
Guelph, ON
In for 8 Ultra Platinum 5w30 once it goes on sale. I do an oil change every 6000km/3 months and I go through them quickly. Just in time since im almost out from the previous deal a year ago. If only I had more addresses though. 🥲
Aug 8, 2010
489 posts
537 upvotes
Hellzhavoc wrote: In for 8 Ultra Platinum 5w30 once it goes on sale. I do an oil change every 6000km/3 months and I go through them quickly. Just in time since im almost out from the previous deal a year ago. If only I had more addresses though. 🥲
Overkill and a waste of $ unless you are racing your car (which then you should change it after every track day), or your car SPECIFICALLY asks for it.
Curious what kind of car you have and if you track it.

But hey, you spend your $ how you want.
Cheers!
Aug 8, 2004
610 posts
379 upvotes
Ottawa
-KILO- wrote: Overkill and a waste of $ unless you are racing your car (which then you should change it after every track day), or your car SPECIFICALLY asks for it.

Cheers!
I have fuel dilution problems and change around the same time as @Hellzhavoc
Feb 13, 2021
529 posts
528 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Which dealerships will do the oil change properly with my own oil? I know Mazda ones don't.
"Properly", lol. Most stealerships' service departments want to get cars in and out as fast as possible. As your oil is draining, your technician may do some work on another car and then get back to yours. Will he remember to put the drain plug back in? (one didn't with my wife's car at an otherwise very good garage), and will they properly torque the drain plug and filter? Will they pre-fill the oil filter? (I do). Will the oil actually be synthetic, or will they do a switcheroo for cheap oil? (no way to tell afterwards) If you drop your car off and they let the engine get cold, do they warm it up to ensure all the settled goop, if any, is re-mixed with the oil about to be drained?

I would imagine that stealerships are forbidden by the head office to use the oil that you bring for liability and profit reasons. An independent garage would probably do it and charge an hour's labour, usually ~$80.
Aug 29, 2010
761 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
-KILO- wrote: Overkill and a waste of $ unless you are racing your car (which then you should change it after every track day), or your car SPECIFICALLY asks for it.

Cheers!
6000 is slightly low for synthetic but I have to change my oil every 3-4 months just because I put like 2000-2500km's on my car a month.
Nov 11, 2021
37 posts
13 upvotes
ON
34.99*2*1.13=79.0774

79.0774- rebate 30=49.0774,each one for 24.54(include tax)
Dec 24, 2015
330 posts
225 upvotes
Guelph, ON

Cheers!
My car’s owners manual recommends to change it every 6000km here in Canada and I drive on average 800km a week. I have some performance mods on my car with increased boost, so I do it a bit sooner around 5000km just to be safe. Better safe than sorry for me.
Images
  • B75A8592-21EE-4BDC-A38C-AB51F68C94A1.jpeg
Jan 11, 2015
182 posts
87 upvotes
North York, ON
I don't know if it will be $15 per bottle though. Last promo was buy 2 and get $25 rebate