Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Dec. 1 - 8, 2022 Pennzoil 5L synthetic oil various grades for $34.99 plus $15 rebate limit 2 per address = $24.55 all in

Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12158 posts
3500 upvotes
DiscountRaja wrote: I would recommend getting an OEM filter from the dealer. For the vehicles I change oil on (Lexus and Mazda), the OEM filters from the dealer were actually cheaper than most filters sold elsewhere. And, if you plan on keeping the vehicle for awhile, you can ask if they will give you an extra 10-15% off if you buy multiple filters at one time. I have bought 10 at a time, and most recently 20 for my new car.

Regarding the crush washer, you can also buy those from the dealer. They are usually pretty cheap and then you don't have to worry about a mismatched size when you change oil. Or, buy 1 and take it to home depot or something and buy more there. And yes, it is good practice to change this every time you change oil. If you don't want to deal with the drain plug and crush washer, you can buy an EZ Oil Drain Valve (or Fumoto Drain Valve).
People using this EZ Oil Drain, no issues with leaks, or it accidentally getting bumped and losing all your oil? Very interesting product.
When I have gone into my local Honda dealer to buy crush washers, they usually just give me one, rather than doing up an invoice for a $1 part.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Jan 5, 2010
355 posts
217 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
jackass_ca wrote: People using this EZ Oil Drain, no issues with leaks, or it accidentally getting bumped and losing all your oil? Very interesting product.
When I have gone into my local Honda dealer to buy crush washers, they usually just give me one, rather than doing up an invoice for a $1 part.
I haven’t had any issue in 10 years so far. It has a locking valve and the “switch” that sticks out ended up threading up, towards the engine bay, in both cases.

Also, I basically get all the oil out, one vehicle is 5L on the money, the other is 4.5L on the money. Makes oil changes much easier with no mess from the drain plug. The only issue is that it takes a bit more time to drain, as the opening is smaller.

For the filter that is a spin on, I “crack” it first and then put a zip lock bag around it as I spin it off my hand. So, basically no mess from that either! The other filter is a cartridge filter, so that takes a bit more work, but it’s not all that messy either.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1487 posts
996 upvotes
Hellzhavoc wrote: My car’s owners manual recommends to change it every 6000km here in Canada and I drive on average 800km a week. I have some performance mods on my car with increased boost, so I do it a bit sooner around 5000km just to be safe. Better safe than sorry for me.
I-Kia!
Nov 20, 2014
300 posts
103 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Seems like the flyer promo ended yesterday? On CTs site it's back to 67 a jug.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
2274 posts
4244 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
SizableSac wrote: Seems like the flyer promo ended yesterday? On CTs site it's back to 67 a jug.
CT Flyers start and end on Thursday. So yes it's over.
Jun 7, 2009
981 posts
807 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote: People using this EZ Oil Drain, no issues with leaks, or it accidentally getting bumped and losing all your oil? Very interesting product.
I use the Fumoto on multiple cars, but I will say, I prefer to use them are cars with undertrays for obvious reason.
Jun 7, 2009
981 posts
807 upvotes
Toronto
vtec300 wrote: I usually use Fram Toughguard for our vehicles. If I go down to the States, I'll grab a few of Walmart Supertech oil filters as they are decent filters for the price. I inspect the crush washers and if they are deformed, I;d use a new one. If they look ok, then they are re-used. Honda/Acura dealerships charge a fortune for crush washers so I get my washers from Rockauto or Partsavatar when I make order for air filters, etc, as filler items.
Premium filters are super overrated.

Basically, you get 95% of the benefits of the best filter available just by having any filter.

The cost premium is just for that last 5% of filtration.

I'm all about getting the cheapest filters available for any non-performance car.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
4412 posts
5172 upvotes
Ontario
vtec300 wrote: I usually use Fram Toughguard for our vehicles. If I go down to the States, I'll grab a few of Walmart Supertech oil filters as they are decent filters for the price. I inspect the crush washers and if they are deformed, I;d use a new one. If they look ok, then they are re-used. Honda/Acura dealerships charge a fortune for crush washers so I get my washers from Rockauto or Partsavatar when I make order for air filters, etc, as filler items.
souledge wrote: Premium filters are super overrated.

Basically, you get 95% of the benefits of the best filter available just by having any filter.

The cost premium is just for that last 5% of filtration.

I'm all about getting the cheapest filters available for any non-performance car.
I’m still working thru my stockpile of $3 TG7317 from this deal :lol:

Pennzoil + Fram Deals = $13 oil changes
Jun 7, 2009
981 posts
807 upvotes
Toronto
kiiaal wrote: I’m still working thru my stockpile of $3 TG7317 from this deal :lol:

Add $20 in labour and you don't even need to get dirty!
Oct 20, 2001
894 posts
201 upvotes
Spruce Grove
Anyone having trouble submitting? Can't get past the upload complete page, both images are less then 5mb
Oct 20, 2001
894 posts
201 upvotes
Spruce Grove
rEDSpider wrote: Anyone having trouble submitting? Can't get past the upload complete page, both images are less then 5mb
Nevermind went to through took like 5 minutes
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12158 posts
3500 upvotes
kiiaal wrote: I’m still working thru my stockpile of $3 TG7317 from this deal :lol:

I also stockpiled all I could find for my vehicle, I have 3 left I think
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Dec 23, 2022
1 posts
Date Received 12/19/2022
Status PROCESSED

I chose to be paid out by PayPal but I haven't received anything... I'll have to call their 1-800 # after the holidays.
I provided them the email but in Email/Mail Date: on their part it was left blank...
Dec 17, 2019
289 posts
161 upvotes
Kpon00 wrote: Date Received 12/19/2022
Status PROCESSED

I chose to be paid out by PayPal but I haven't received anything... I'll have to call their 1-800 # after the holidays.
I provided them the email but in Email/Mail Date: on their part it was left blank...
Mine still in process. But date received chance to 12/23/2022, before it was 12/02/2022 date of actual submission.
Jul 29, 2016
528 posts
146 upvotes
Submitted for two 5l and the status shows only 1...perfect
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1233 posts
889 upvotes
Belleville
I submitted on Dec 1st. I had selected EMT for the funds. Website says it was mailed. :S