Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Dec. 1 - 8, 2022 Pennzoil 5L synthetic oil various grades for $34.99 plus $15 rebate limit 2 per address = $24.55 all in

Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5820 posts
3077 upvotes
Winnipeg
shawn01 wrote: When you spend 80.00 to get 20.00 back in CT money does it have to be debit or MC ? Or can the 80.00 come from CT money I have already on my triangle card ? Spend 80 from my CT money and get back 20.00 to go back on my CT card.
I used CT money as part of the payment. So I don't think you have to use debit/MC.
Zoomer Wireless | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1877 posts
756 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
JasonCao wrote: the upload receipt need to be scanned or photo is good?
What's the difference?
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2011
1826 posts
523 upvotes
Wpegger wrote: I used CT money as part of the payment. So I don't think you have to use debit/MC.
Ok that’s good so you use some of your ct money to purchase the item and then you get the ct money back to the card win win . I would have thought you needed to use other form of payment to collect the full amount.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4916 posts
1035 upvotes
Is it ok to mix oil brands? I have always used Mobil1. My cars don't use the full 5L. about 4.4L and 4.7L. I hate to let that extra oil go to waste. Is it OK to mix the Pennzoil with the Mobil1? I guess I can save it for my snowblower.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2012
2894 posts
1340 upvotes
MARKHAM
Scanned is easier to see. Well i dont have a scanner, just uploaded a photo.
wally_walrus wrote: What's the difference?
Jul 24, 2008
37 posts
2 upvotes
thunderbox :0
bluetroll wrote: Is it ok to mix oil brands? I have always used Mobil1. My cars don't use the full 5L. about 4.4L and 4.7L. I hate to let that extra oil go to waste. Is it OK to mix the Pennzoil with the Mobil1? I guess I can save it for my snowblower.
Been mixing for over 200k between 2-3 annual oil changes and she still rippin; so long as its same grade and meets manufacturer specs.
Jan 23, 2014
418 posts
379 upvotes
Markham
What is the steps to redeem this CT offer?

step 1 - register Triangle account?
step 2 - activate spent 50 get 10 CT money offer?
step 3 - place an order to buy 2 jugs at nearby CT store and pick up?

Thanks.
Oct 28, 2010
18 posts
3 upvotes
derass wrote: I tried this last year the same way and got rejected on the 2nd address. In my case, I think it was because all four jugs were on the same receipt, and I submitted the same PDF scan of that receipt with both applications. I always figured the website's algorithms caught the same receipt/PDF being submitted twice.

So instead of paying $15/jug, I paid $20/jug. I thought about returning the two that got rejected, but I did't bother since $20/jug was still a pretty good price.
We actually purchased separately, with their credit card. We have 2 cars that will use up the 2 jugs and they have another car. I am applying for them since they don't speak English. For whatever reason, it won't even let me get to the receipt upload page. Very weird...
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
2276 posts
4245 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
bluetroll wrote: Is it ok to mix oil brands? I have always used Mobil1. My cars don't use the full 5L. about 4.4L and 4.7L. I hate to let that extra oil go to waste. Is it OK to mix the Pennzoil with the Mobil1? I guess I can save it for my snowblower.
Yes. Even when you change oil there's still ~500 mL -1L left of old oil left in the engine. So you never really change the oil fully.

Just keep collecting the old old and you'll eventually get 1 oil change. Ex my Civic X uses 3.5L, so I save the 1.5L for the next one. Oil lasts a long time, if you're really anal just put some saran wrap on the jug before tightening the cap back on it.
Apr 24, 2012
194 posts
222 upvotes
Orillia
sixshot28 wrote: Thanks man, rsther do this then the hassle...
It takes five minutes to submit a rebate, and they deposit it directly if you so choose Not really a hassle.
Sep 30, 2001
402 posts
18 upvotes
Is anyone else experiencing a problem trying to submit the online rebate? I fill out the first page and click "Next" , but it does not move to the next page and I have to redo everything all over again. I tried other browsers and am having the same issue.
Mar 11, 2011
382 posts
178 upvotes
GTA
Has anyone ever got their rebate declined?
This was from a previous purchase:

I am confident I selected the "ULTRA PLATINUM" but the below shows Invalid and I assume its because its "PLATINUM".

I just picked up another 2 jugs this weekend. I am debating if I should return the 2 jugs I got this weekend with the old receipt. Only problem is the 2 jugs I picked up has a manufacture date of November 2022. The purchase was back in October 2022, not sure if the cashier would pay this close attention to detail.
My other option is to call and complain and potentially file with the BBB.

Promotion 2022 PZL DIY PLATINUM REWARDS OFFER - CANADA - ONLINE MANUAL VALIDATION - O2222-02-PM Date Received 12/02/2022
Status INVALID
Invalid Reason Invalid Reimbursement Code
May 11, 2019
45 posts
41 upvotes
h3nry8888 wrote: Has anyone ever got their rebate declined?
This was from a previous purchase:

I am confident I selected the "ULTRA PLATINUM" but the below shows Invalid and I assume its because its "PLATINUM".

I just picked up another 2 jugs this weekend. I am debating if I should return the 2 jugs I got this weekend with the old receipt. Only problem is the 2 jugs I picked up has a manufacture date of November 2022. The purchase was back in October 2022, not sure if the cashier would pay this close attention to detail.
My other option is to call and complain and potentially file with the BBB.

Promotion 2022 PZL DIY PLATINUM REWARDS OFFER - CANADA - ONLINE MANUAL VALIDATION - O2222-02-PM Date Received 12/02/2022
Status INVALID
Invalid Reason Invalid Reimbursement Code
Can't speak to previous rebates, however this one lists Ultra
Images
  • Screenshot_20221205_091038_Chrome.jpg
Mar 11, 2011
382 posts
178 upvotes
GTA
This was my confirmation from the last rebate I submitted.

1. Notice the Email confirmation shows "Pennzoil Ultra Platinum"
2. Notice the Website Status shows Promotion as "Platinum"

Not sure if this mismatch caused it to be Invalid.

3. Notice the Website Status bottom shows as Ultra Platinum, so I know I selected everything correctly. I have also been buying their oil for the last 6-7 years, so this is the first time getting declined.

I have filed with the BBB for now.
Images
  • Pennzoil Email Confirmation Oct 28 2022.png
  • Pennzoil Rebate Status.png
  • Pennzoil Receipt edited.jpg
Mar 11, 2011
382 posts
178 upvotes
GTA
h3nry8888 wrote: This was my confirmation from the last rebate I submitted.

1. Notice the Email confirmation shows "Pennzoil Ultra Platinum"
2. Notice the Website Status shows Promotion as "Platinum"

Not sure if this mismatch caused it to be Invalid.

3. Notice the Website Status bottom shows as Ultra Platinum, so I know I selected everything correctly. I have also been buying their oil for the last 6-7 years, so this is the first time getting declined.

I have filed with the BBB for now.

I just called Shell, they claim to disregard the "Invalid" for now as its still in-progress, weird. Will update this thread when I hear back from them.
Dec 3, 2018
659 posts
746 upvotes
Laval, QC
How will I get $30 back if I buy 2x 0W16 from CT? Will they apply or do I have to request them?
Feb 16, 2016
85 posts
58 upvotes
I just wish for this Canadian rebate they spelled Cheque right instead of the US way of check lol. I’ve already submitted for my 2 Jugs of PUP 0W20. Very happy for this price. Might get a family member in on this too the price is so good.