Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Delta Batavia In2ition 2-in-1 Shower Head for $39.99 (again)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2021 11:05 pm
Nov 7, 2006
559 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] Delta Batavia In2ition 2-in-1 Shower Head for $39.99 (again)

For those (me included) who missed the last sale just over a week ago, but this time Rakuten has the 3x birthday promotion, so for CT, it's now 3% (or $1.20) back. Not sure how long the Rakuten promo will last.
18 replies
Jul 16, 2015
256 posts
446 upvotes
why the downvotes, anything wrong with the product?
Nov 7, 2006
559 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
tissuehime wrote: why the downvotes, anything wrong with the product?
Not exactly sure why, but some of the comments from the previous RFD thread here suggest that the flow rate may be too low. Some have opted to remove the water limiter by following a DIY video in that thread.
Nov 7, 2006
559 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
Just installed the shower head (but haven't used it yet), and here's my initial impressions:
- The handheld shower head, as well as the shower ring are all plastic in construction. The only metal I can see is the cladding for the hose.
- The tilt angle is about as far as it can go in the picture. Can't make it any more horizontal than that.
- When switching to the handheld only mode, some water will still trickle through the shower ring.
- The handheld slides very snugly into the ring, and may take a bit of effort to remove it.

The warranty is 5 years, and assuming it lasts that long without issues I would rate it 4/5. However, I would make sure I keep the receipt just in case something fails.
20210828_172914.jpg
Update: Added point #4.
Last edited by jin628 on Aug 29th, 2021 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
tissuehime wrote: why the downvotes, anything wrong with the product?
Maybe because it’s fugly?
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1849 posts
1090 upvotes
I got this couple of years back and the one thing I cannot get over is how stiff the shower hose is, it moves the shower head around rather than the other way.
Buy now
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
i like the idea. Otherwise you need to buy a diverter fitting that switch between the two.
Mar 11, 2019
870 posts
876 upvotes
fizz1234 wrote: I got this couple of years back and the one thing I cannot get over is how stiff the shower hose is, it moves the shower head around rather than the other way.
Thanks thats exactly what i wanted to know. Wont be buying now.
Nov 7, 2006
559 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
fizz1234 wrote: I got this couple of years back and the one thing I cannot get over is how stiff the shower hose is, it moves the shower head around rather than the other way.
ATOMANTMAN wrote: Thanks thats exactly what i wanted to know. Wont be buying now.
The hose that came with the shower head isn't stiff; in fact it's pretty flexible. Perhaps they improved the design in the latest iteration.
20210829_coiled.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1849 posts
1090 upvotes
jin628 wrote: The hose that came with the shower head isn't stiff; in fact it's pretty flexible. Perhaps they improved the design in the latest iteration.

20210829_coiled.jpg
May be they changed it in the new version for sure, mine is 3 years old i think
Buy now
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1755 posts
723 upvotes
The Capital
I had one, used it daily for a year, and the switch that you switch between the two broke (plastic).

But for 40$, I'll get another one lol
Nov 7, 2006
559 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
mmagda wrote: I had one, used it daily for a year, and the switch that you switch between the two broke (plastic).

But for 40$, I'll get another one lol
The warranty is for 5 years. You should be able to get a replacement.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5771 posts
7832 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Another member had one for 6 years ( out of warranty)

They sent him a replacement
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1755 posts
723 upvotes
The Capital
jin628 wrote: The warranty is for 5 years. You should be able to get a replacement.
Came with my new house, I didn't exactly get any packaging with it lol
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2018
1116 posts
1618 upvotes
Ontario
I'm a fan of the Moen Magnetix ones. Had one for a few years with no problems. Around $65 when on sale
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2018
1116 posts
1618 upvotes
Ontario
chadw01 wrote: Probably the same one, but I got that Moen for $40.09 in mid-July:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01DVS40TE

Works great, but I also had to remove the limiter because the water flow was way too weak.
I actually have two of the larger ones. I also removed the flow limiters and they've been great since: https://www.amazon.ca/Moen-26112SRN-Six ... C5YS&psc=1
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
1577 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
mmagda wrote: Came with my new house, I didn't exactly get any packaging with it lol
Give Delta a call - As generally as long as you have their product they are very good with warranty.

I got a resale home (built in 2006, bought and moved in 2012)

Most of the shower stuff was a bit screwed up due to last owner, called up Delta and they sent me replacement parts free.

Delta and Moen are both very good with warranties

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)