Canadian Tire

DEWALT 1/2-in Drive Tire Change Kit YMMV Store Clearance 99.93

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2022 12:04 pm
57 replies
Dec 5, 2016
553 posts
806 upvotes
Thanks OP, would make a good birthday present for my dad who changes his own tires and is way too cheap to buy the proper equipment to do it.
Aug 31, 2020
2 posts
4 upvotes
Casa Loma, ON
Can someone please mention reason for the downvotes. Seems like a reasonable deal to me and I was thinking of going ahead with the purchase.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3270 posts
2356 upvotes
I'd totally bite on this if I didn't have all these tools already. Looks solidly built and I like having everything in 1 case. I'd spend the extra on shipping to have it sent home if none locally.
May 2, 2017
151 posts
181 upvotes
I didn't downvote but definitely YMMV. On clearance for $199 at my nearby store.
Aug 24, 2021
35 posts
72 upvotes
Good price if you don’t own any of these tools today. A good torque wrench will set you back at least $70. I’m prob going to get downvoted because people bought torque wrenches on sale from Princess Auto for $49.

Canadian tire sometimes sells the same breaker bar for $15.

WHATEVER YOU DO, you can skimp out and save money on cheaper torque wrench and breaker bars. BUT DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON JACKS. SAFETY FIRST!
Jun 19, 2021
21 posts
46 upvotes
This kit looks very good, the torque wrench alone sells for $150. I have the maximum tire kit, and if I didn't already have it I would jump on this no questions asked.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
5434 posts
5767 upvotes
Richmond Hill
rfduser2000 wrote: Good price if you don’t own any of these tools today. A good torque wrench will set you back at least $70. I’m prob going to get downvoted because people bought torque wrenches on sale from Princess Auto for $49.

Canadian tire sometimes sells the same breaker bar for $15.

WHATEVER YOU DO, you can skimp out and save money on cheaper torque wrench and breaker bars. BUT DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON JACKS. SAFETY FIRST!
To be fair, it's just a tire change. You could stick a wheel under there as a makeshift jack stand. You don't get under the vehicle for a tire change.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9051 posts
2348 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: To be fair, it's just a tire change. You could stick a wheel under there as a makeshift jack stand. You don't get under the vehicle for a tire change.
Yeah this is what I do, for tire changes I just slide the tire under the car in case. I only put jack stands down if I'm going under the car.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Aug 3, 2019
113 posts
99 upvotes
Went to my canadian tire a few weeks ago because it showed just the torque wrench at 75 dollars guy said nobody can find it and he's had to cancel a few online orders, figured I'd wait til princess auto has there cheapo torque wrench in stock seen this post and flew down to crappy tire was 2 there and checking now there is none. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4787 posts
1854 upvotes
gummby2005 wrote: Went to my canadian tire a few weeks ago because it showed just the torque wrench at 75 dollars guy said nobody can find it and he's had to cancel a few online orders, figured I'd wait til princess auto has there cheapo torque wrench in stock seen this post and flew down to crappy tire was 2 there and checking now there is none. Thanks OP
Princess auto has their 1/2" drive torque wrench on sale for $19.99 starting today till Aug 28th.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2454 posts
1807 upvotes
coilz wrote: Princess auto has their 1/2" drive torque wrench on sale for $19.99 starting today till Aug 28th.
Do you know the difference in quality?
Aug 3, 2019
113 posts
99 upvotes
coilz wrote: Princess auto has their 1/2" drive torque wrench on sale for $19.99 starting today till Aug 28th.
And just checked like usual my princess auto has a grand total of zero, don't know if it's still supply chain issues but went out there a few weeks ago and all of their tool section was pretty lacking of the 4 things I went to find I walked out with none.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2454 posts
1807 upvotes
Is it ok to leave this in your car all year
Aug 3, 2019
113 posts
99 upvotes
IcarusLSC wrote: You'd be better off with this on sale (extension would come in far more handy then a light, and on sale the Maximum one would be cheaper and has a better warranty) :

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maxi ... ?rrec=true
That set used to go on sale for 99 all the time but seems 149 is the new deal as it was on for that several weeks ago haven't seen the 99 dollar sale this year.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)