Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] DEWALT 1/2-in Drive Torque Wrench $89.99 (Reg $179.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2019 2:02 pm
[OP]
Oct 17, 2017
136 posts
153 upvotes
Ottawa

[Canadian Tire] DEWALT 1/2-in Drive Torque Wrench $89.99 (Reg $179.99)

FEATURES
  • DeWalt 1/2-in Drive Torque Wrench is ideal for use for heavy automotive application that require foot-pound torque
  • Micrometer design
  • Ergonomic handle with rubber improves grip
  • Shock absorbing bumper design absorbs shock when dropped
  • Size: 1/2"
  • Torque Range: 50-250 Ft lbs (70-340 Nm)
This product carries a lifetime exchange warranty redeemable at any Canadian Tire store.
13 replies
May 10, 2018
108 posts
88 upvotes
From a review:

The current CTC Maximum wrench (058-9399) carries only a 1-year warranty (as do all current CTC torque wrenches). The older Maximum model 058-9678 which I own, came with a Lifetime Warranty.

I haven't bought it personally so I can't confirm it.
Jul 22, 2015
446 posts
722 upvotes
Toronto, ON
WARRANTY
This product carries a lifetime exchange warranty redeemable at any Canadian Tire store.

This is why it makes it worth while, The New Canadian Tire ones don't come with a warranty anymore.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3292 posts
1736 upvotes
Toronto
maxpayne77 wrote: Checkout discussion about princess auto at
canadian-tire-maximum-1-2-drive-torque- ... topicshare
it's only 150ft/lbs but i have no issues with mine at princess auto

i also have the 1/2" maximum wrench with the lifetime warranty for years without any issue, just keep in mind after each use to reset the torque to its lowest setting and use it only to torque, not loosen; people frequently confuse and use these like a breaker bar
Jul 3, 2008
754 posts
152 upvotes
boisbriand
oifftopic question but if we have the ""old'' maximum with lifetime warranty, do we need the bill to get an exchange ?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3292 posts
1736 upvotes
Toronto
StEeElNuTz wrote: oifftopic question but if we have the ""old'' maximum with lifetime warranty, do we need the bill to get an exchange ?
no if it's broken just bring it in

if it's maximum, they will replace it
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10011 posts
4601 upvotes
adhika wrote: Had this and was broken after the second use.
ive had mine many years and change tires on 4 vehicles in spring and fall.

What the heck happened to your lol
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Jan 20, 2011
124 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
I'm surprised to see this has a lifetime warranty now. Does anybody know of a place willing to calibrate these?

Edit: And are these in any way distinct from the previously sold DeWalt torque wrenches that only had a 1 year warranty?
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings
Nov 11, 2006
768 posts
281 upvotes
TwistedKestrel wrote: I'm surprised to see this has a lifetime warranty now. Does anybody know of a place willing to calibrate these?

Edit: And are these in any way distinct from the previously sold DeWalt torque wrenches that only had a 1 year warranty?
Does anyone know if the "lifetime warranty" appears on the box? While I see it listed on the Canadian Tire website, I can't find the same lifetime warranty listed on HomeDepot.ca or Amazon.ca.

Thanks.
Nov 11, 2006
768 posts
281 upvotes
CanRulez wrote: Does anyone know if the "lifetime warranty" appears on the box? While I see it listed on the Canadian Tire website, I can't find the same lifetime warranty listed on HomeDepot.ca or Amazon.ca.

Thanks.
Never mind, I see the "Full Lifetime Warranty: Hassle Free Replacement" on the Dewalt.ca site.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)