Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Dr Ho's Pain therapy system YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2014 8:32 pm
[OP]
Sep 5, 2007
87 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Canadian Tire] Dr Ho's Pain therapy system YMMV

At CT on Dundas st W and Mavis Rd on clearance for $29.93+tax. They are in a locked glass case along with the electric shavers.

same as this one
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B003TXD7BE

-1 pair of small pads and 1 pair of large pad

will try to post pictures and sku# later
32 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
3333 posts
2479 upvotes
Please post pics- is it the basic one or upgraded?
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
10528 posts
19604 upvotes
Montreal
Snake oil for suckers!
Banned
Feb 9, 2011
1393 posts
930 upvotes
Edmonton
Temporel wrote: Snake oil for suckers!
Assuming this machine is A TENS machine or an electrical muscle stimulation machine, it isn't snake oil.
I won't get into the science behind it but I do a few things about them.

Thanks OP I'm going to check around for it.
Jan 2, 2013
352 posts
620 upvotes
Montreal
Physical therapist here. I'd recommend consulting a physical therapist (physiotherapist) before using such a device (which seems to be a TENS, but not sure). Some health conditions make it dangerous to use it. Also, the only review on Amazon says that it helps for headaches, but you absolutely shouldn't use it on your head and using it on the neck region is controversial.

If it really is a TENS, it can indeed be very good in relieving pain.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
Dr. Ho's pain...enough said.
Banned
Jun 14, 2007
1674 posts
409 upvotes
asdfvtn wrote: Assuming this machine is A TENS machine or an electrical muscle stimulation machine, it isn't snake oil.
I won't get into the science behind it but I do a few things about them.

Thanks OP I'm going to check around for it.
it works :) I will check my local CT on Monday as I'm using something simular to Dr. Ho from ebay I paid around $10.00... but it helps me with my diabetic skin problem and to bring blood to the damaged elbow.... :) but to each his own... DR. Ho for $30 bucks it is a HOT deal.... thank you OP
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2707 posts
1811 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Please heed the advice and warning of the physio therapist above. TENS units have specific purposes and usage. I bought one from my therapist and used it twice. The novelty wears off............but to each their own......
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1100 posts
204 upvotes
Dr. Who?

I agree above said that you really shall consult your Dr. before jump on these "instrument".
Jul 27, 2009
769 posts
239 upvotes
toronto
WOW. I can sit on the couch, eating chicken wings, drink beer, smoke, AND work out... Im in.

Bought 5... Now im really healthy.
Banned
Apr 27, 2014
1327 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mr poopy pants wrote: WOW. I can sit on the couch, eating chicken wings, drink beer, smoke, AND work out... Im in.

Bought 5... Now im really healthy.
I love how these products are targeted to the fat and lazy. They don't know what pain is, hit up a gym and sweat like nature intended. These fatties eat and have a sedentary lifestyle and then cry when their body reacts to it. The government should really start tying people to treadmills.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20190 posts
8258 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
BaDumTss wrote: Physical therapist here. I'd recommend consulting a physical therapist (physiotherapist) before using such a device (which seems to be a TENS, but not sure). Some health conditions make it dangerous to use it. Also, the only review on Amazon says that it helps for headaches, but you absolutely shouldn't use it on your head and using it on the neck region is controversial.

My experience with physical therapy and these machines is... they just stick the pads on you and leave the room and get paid. Big deal... on top of that, it didn't really do anything for me (sciatica from back injury at the time).
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3661 posts
3742 upvotes
Go get the OSIM ones ...might be pricier but a way better health brand that you can trust
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
1411 posts
401 upvotes
Dr. Ho reminds me of:

Fraud / Scam / Bad Business Practices (file a complaint) (CLICK HERE FOR LINKS!)

■░▒▓█ BC Liberals = HST! We shall not forget! █▓▒░■
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5716 posts
1461 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: My experience with physical therapy and these machines is... they just stick the pads on you and leave the room and get paid. Big deal... on top of that, it didn't really do anything for me (sciatica from back injury at the time).
Not all of us physios are the same...look for ones that do manual work as well.
BaDumTss wrote: Physical therapist here. I'd recommend consulting a physical therapist (physiotherapist) before using such a device (which seems to be a TENS, but not sure). Some health conditions make it dangerous to use it. Also, the only review on Amazon says that it helps for headaches, but you absolutely shouldn't use it on your head and using it on the neck region is controversial.

This is true, but from my research these Ho machines produce a lower current than the TENS units used in clinics. I don't have the info in front of me, but this site I just googled has a comparison: http://www.painreliefessentials.com/pro ... risons.htm Not sure the validity of this comparison, but I know this was true with past models. Doesn't mean these Ho units aren't without contraindications, but best to consult with an expert as noted above.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1514 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: My experience with physical therapy and these machines is... they just stick the pads on you and leave the room and get paid. Big deal... on top of that, it didn't really do anything for me (sciatica from back injury at the time).
You went to the wrong clinic/saw a bad PT.
May 12, 2012
354 posts
219 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
blahraptors wrote: You went to the wrong clinic/saw a bad PT.
Thanks OP. Was finally able to snag one.
Dec 26, 2007
627 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
Did they have any others? I went to a few stores with no luck

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)