Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Dyson V11 Outsize $949.99 at Canadian Tire starting December 17, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2020 7:00 am
[OP]
Oct 14, 2007
389 posts
404 upvotes
Thedford

[Canadian Tire] Dyson V11 Outsize $949.99 at Canadian Tire starting December 17, 2020

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just passing this on.

Here's another Dyson stick vac. I think it is the top of the line. Not sure if this is the model that comes with interchangeable second battery. Perhaps others more knowledgeable of Dyson's product line could clarify. Anyway it's $150 off.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/dyso ... p.html#srp
Last edited by darcyh on Dec 16th, 2020 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
56 replies
Jan 25, 2016
431 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto
The $150 off is essentially the tax (HST) off plus an additional $25 or so. Still using my V8 Absolute paid $500 and happy with it.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1598 posts
852 upvotes
Awful returns at CT downtown eatons. Even if returning unopened.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22139 posts
166352 upvotes
GTA
If you're willing to pay this much for a vacuum, look at the Miele Triflex (around the same price range). Not necessarily saying it's better, but worth a cross-shop.
Feb 11, 2017
315 posts
249 upvotes
Ottawa
Been keeping an eye out for this. Bigger head, bigger bin, two batteries... this is the one you get if you have a big space IMO.

I haven’t quite managed to overcome the mental hurdle of paying this much yet Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat I was hoping it would drop to $800ish at some point.
Nov 23, 2020
103 posts
115 upvotes
TO
I've never seen this model until now - is this new??
Dec 1, 2013
8 posts
Montreal
kijiji has some brand new for as low as $800

bought 1 myself and registered for 2 year warranty
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3537 posts
316 upvotes
How much heavier is this one compared to the absolute?

Such BS that the absolute doesn’t have a removable battery and this is the additional cost to have that feature.
Sep 25, 2009
386 posts
271 upvotes
Ah1800 wrote: Been keeping an eye out for this. Bigger head, bigger bin, two batteries... this is the one you get if you have a big space IMO.

I haven’t quite managed to overcome the mental hurdle of paying this much yet Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat I was hoping it would drop to $800ish at some point.
The swappable battery is a gamechanger for anyone living in a detached with carpet. I'm waiting for V12 so the V11 outsize goes on sale.

It's also $949.99 right now on Dyson's official site.
https://www.dysoncanada.ca/en/vacuum-cl ... nickel-red
Last edited by light2 on Dec 17th, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10860 posts
1985 upvotes
I hope it drops a bit more too, after extensive research including checking the Miele Triflex. V11 seems to be best option. Compared to V11 torque head, you pay $300 more for the extra battery+charger, 150% more bin capacity, larger motor head and 20% more power. Probably the only Dyson cordless that can comfortable does at least one round of whole house deep clean without a single trip to empty the dust bin which is always a mess. The only concern is its longevity as it only comes with 2 years warranty for a big price tag. Boy that $397 Miele CX1 with 5 years warranty I saw at Costco was so tempting in comparison.

Dyson usually release new product in March, so....
Ah1800 wrote: Been keeping an eye out for this. Bigger head, bigger bin, two batteries... this is the one you get if you have a big space IMO.

About 1 pound heavier on the cordless portion.
Rockstead wrote: How much heavier is this one compared to the absolute?

Such BS that the absolute doesn’t have a removable battery and this is the additional cost to have that feature.
Last edited by 82 on Dec 17th, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one!
*external links and short links are not allowed
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1049 posts
252 upvotes
The V10 deal a few weeks back was the better option. It was only $399 everywhere.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10860 posts
1985 upvotes
The V10 deal is good but only if you have a small place to cleanup. Its dust bin is only 0.5L vs 0.77L of the regular V11. The V11 Outsize's bin size is 2L. Not to mention performance will degrade once you hit the max fill line. V11 also has significant better battery life because its medium power setting is comparable to v10's high setting. I am not saying the V10 is bad, but it is not a whole house solution.
RobbieG wrote: The V10 deal a few weeks back was the better option. It was only $399 everywhere.
May 2, 2017
125 posts
133 upvotes
82 wrote: I am not saying the V10 is bad, but it is not a whole house solution.
A single V10 is not a solution for the whole house but more than sufficient for one floor of the house. The price of a V11, even with discount like this, can get you two V10s on a deal with taxes included. It's what I did and I now have one unit on each floor with the advantage of not having to carry the stickvac up and down except the occasion times I vacuum the stairs. The V11 comes with 2 batteries but I'm not convinced it's worth it until its price drops below the equivalent cost of 2 very capable V10s.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10860 posts
1985 upvotes
V11 Torgue drive is $679, V11 Absolute is $779 (with soft roller head), they both have 50% bigger bin which may barely clean a medium size house in one pass, more powerful and better effective battery life. The $400 V10 is a good deal but I wouldn't recommend it unless you only use it for a small house or spot cleaning. The problem with these cordless is emptying the bin unless you don't mind the mini explosion.

The Outsize's bigger head also reduces your effective clean time by 30%, that saves both time and battery life. I hate the price tag but really like the design of the Outsize.
bliz99 wrote: A single V10 is not a solution for the whole house but more than sufficient for one floor of the house. The price of a V11, even with discount like this, can get you two V10s on a deal with taxes included. It's what I did and I now have one unit on each floor with the advantage of not having to carry the stickvac up and down except the occasion times I vacuum the stairs. The V11 comes with 2 batteries but I'm not convinced it's worth it until its price drops below the equivalent cost of 2 very capable V10s.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1049 posts
252 upvotes
82 wrote: V11 Torgue drive is $679, V11 Absolute is $779 (with soft roller head), they both have 50% bigger bin which may barely clean a medium size house in one pass, more powerful and better effective battery life. The $400 V10 is a good deal but I wouldn't recommend it unless you only use it for a small house or spot cleaning. The problem with these cordless is emptying the bin unless you don't mind the mini explosion.
What do your floors look like to fill up a bin in one pass? lol I have pets and never come close. Is this like a 'once a year' vacuum?!

*EDIT* I gotta say it sounds like you really... and i mean REALLY buy into their marketing. "The Outsize's bigger head also reduces your effective clean time by 30%". You're a dream come true for Dyson's marketing team.
Last edited by RobbieG on Dec 17th, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5277 posts
2271 upvotes
toguy wrote: If you're willing to pay this much for a vacuum, look at the Miele Triflex (around the same price range). Not necessarily saying it's better, but worth a cross-shop.
Hell no it's not better.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10860 posts
1985 upvotes
Mix of laminated and carpet, approx 2000 sq feet, no pet. One deep clean per week and a few spot clean in between. How about you?
RobbieG wrote: What do your floors look like to fill up a bin in one pass? lol I have pets and never come close. Is this like a 'once a year' vacuum?!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1049 posts
252 upvotes
82 wrote: Mix of laminated and carpet, approx 2000 sq feet, no pet. One deep clean per week and a few spot clean in between. How about you?
2500 sq ft, split between a roomba, a v10 and a v6.