Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

Dyson V15 Detect Total Clean $949 - 50x points ($193.80 CT money) 18% discount in CT money

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2021 5:27 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 21, 2014
1584 posts
2727 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Just bought mine. Thanks OP.

Go in to your Triangle rewards account and you can activate $10 if you spend $50
Also do forget rakuten for an additional 1%. $9.50 CB
Last edited by Mahawka on Dec 8th, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
6778 posts
6683 upvotes
Vancouver
If you're in Vancouver area.. closest with stock...

To purchase this item choose from these stores:
Kamloops South, BC-1441 Hillside Drive Kamloops, BC V2E 1A9
1 In stock

Salmon Arm, BC-300, 1151 - 10th Avenue SW Salmon Arm, BC V1E 1T3
1 In stock

Ron.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
48450 posts
11778 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
k847848 wrote: Op how and why do you know so much about dyson?
PrettyGood wrote:
Honestly, did not know anything till a few weeks ago. Needed a vacuum just for hard floors so asked a friend who has a iRobot. He said get a Dyson, its better. Since I am lazy, I got curious why I need to spend more money on a stick vacuum than a Robo Vac. So went down the rabbit hole learning about Dyson.

Also, I did not know that a great site like RFD was out there for Canadians. Saved some serious money this BF learning about deals on RFD. Now here I am, posting to help people save money on a top of the line Dyson. All hail the internet..!!


Lies! He's a corporate shill. They've infiltrated redflagdeals!
Everybody run!
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1957 posts
620 upvotes
Toronto
Where does it say 50x on dysons?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 7, 2005
1556 posts
413 upvotes
XSnapSX wrote: Where does it say 50x on dysons?
on the picture

Can we combine this with the "spend $200 get $50" promo this friday?
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2018
604 posts
1079 upvotes
lotfi.bm wrote: on the picture

Can we combine this with the "spend $200 get $50" promo this friday?
Depends when 50x expires no one seems to know. Also if it’s in stock seems to be almost sold out everywhere double you’ll find it friday
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 21, 2014
1584 posts
2727 upvotes
Calgary, AB
lotfi.bm wrote: on the picture

Can we combine this with the "spend $200 get $50" promo this friday?
I bet you it will be OOS by Friday. Maybe buy now. Return and rebuy on Friday.
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Sr. Member
Jun 18, 2016
851 posts
2575 upvotes
xXKEIXx wrote: $950 for a handheld vacuum??
You spend more than that on your wife and this probably has better suction.
Sr. Member
Oct 2, 2019
662 posts
522 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Lies! He's a corporate shill. They've infiltrated redflagdeals!
Everybody run!
Dyson really do have lots of sales people on the floor at cdn tire. I’m sure they are here and commenting on this thread as well. Shady things.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 21, 2014
1584 posts
2727 upvotes
Calgary, AB
MooseV2 wrote: You spend more than that on your wife and this probably has better suction.
or you get the vacuum for your wife and get both type of suction.
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 13, 2003
5207 posts
6187 upvotes
Showing the product price in title is more useful than showing the CT money one will get when buying it.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 2, 2021
30 posts
73 upvotes
BB88 wrote: Showing the product price in title is more useful than showing the CT money one will get when buying it.
Fixed it.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2006 posts
1669 upvotes
sports1 wrote: Is the V15 really that much better than the V10/V11 that it's worth the extra $500 minimum?

Because I got the V10 absolute at $430(?) + tax and I really can't see how much better a vacuum can get at $950...
Nev007 wrote: Was that a brand new v10 absolute? If yes, then that was a good deal. Also, no the v15 isn't likely worth the extra $500.
Yeah I think it was very late 2019 when I got it. The V11 had just been out for a couple months at that point.
Jon Lai wrote: Let's compare regular price to regular price for an apples to apples comparison. The V10 absolute was more like $699 or $799 (?) regular price, the v15 will eventually go on sale as well, but not at the beginning of its lifecycle.
Fair enough. But the MSRP for these are going up with every new model... this is now "on sale" for just under $1000 (I swear I saw another thread a while back about this being ~1000 at Costco around launch). I'm assuming if we see this vacuum sub $700 or so, it won't be for another few years ... probably after another 2 iterations/models?

I briefly tried the V15 (with the laser light) at a friend's place and... it's neat but, not sure I'm seeing a massive improvement over the V10.
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 2, 2021
30 posts
73 upvotes
k847848 wrote: Dyson really do have lots of sales people on the floor at cdn tire. I’m sure they are here and commenting on this thread as well. Shady things.
I thought @UrbanPoet was being sarcastic. Though I don't know if Canadian Tire has Dyson sales people. I heard about Dyson from a friend. No one advertised Dyson to me, not even Dyson.. lol.!!

I posted this thread as this vacuum has been OOS since Black Friday everywhere and even when it was in stock there was no discount.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
48450 posts
11778 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
k847848 wrote: Dyson really do have lots of sales people on the floor at cdn tire. I’m sure they are here and commenting on this thread as well. Shady things.
Lol I was just joking.
People sing praises about Dyson as if they work for them , because it really is a good product.
It is expensive. But it is indeed the best vacuum you can get. It has EVERYTHING.

-It vacuums well

-Good battery life

-I'll say it again... It vacuums REALLY well.

-The ergonomics and weight... Its like a driving a porsche v.s. honda civic. Use a dyson... then use the Walmart Bissel cordless vacuum with a 'good price' of $99.99. I used to have one... It 'worked'. But it just didn't have the power or ease of use as a dyson.

-It even looks attractive

-Good customer service. Mine died out of warranty... The battery crapped out. They still sent me a FREE one via Courier. I got it in 2 business days.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
11538 posts
2472 upvotes
I saw an European v15 model with integrated dust brush on the main body, that would be a great feature.

V15 only offer marginal improvements over the updated v11 with clickable battery and enhancement to motor (sv14?) . I found the torque head is a good all-purpose tool for both hardwood and carpet so I am not interested in the laser soft roller brush, but would like to see they add white LED or green laser to the torque head.

V15 enhancements over SV14:
Added teeth to torque head to reduce hair tangling but people said it only add hissing noise without noticeable difference in hair tangling.
Replaced fiction sensor with dirt sensor like Tineco S11/S12, it helps extend the battery life.
Green laser on redesigned soft roller.
Enhanced HEPA filter on V15 Absolute.

About V11/V15 vs V10. V11/V15 has significant improvement on battery life and suction. V11/V15 is the first Dyson cordless that can truly replace a corded vacuum for small or medium house.


PrettyGood wrote: No idea. But I think they will add the laser to more vacuums for sure as that is one feature that people can see in action.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). If you have cold symptoms, please wear a mask.
Sr. Member
Dec 23, 2001
872 posts
107 upvotes
cazzo1980 wrote: Dyson support for me has been top notch. My v11 had some cannister issues and a replacement was offered both times.
That's good to know. My oldie (DC14) turns on as soon as it's plugged in. Maybe they can help me with that Astonished Face Been holding off contacting them.
Heat: 159-0-0
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 2, 2021
30 posts
73 upvotes
82 wrote: I saw an European v15 model with integrated dust brush on the main body, that would be a great feature.

V15 only offer marginal improvements over the updated v11 with clickable battery and enhancement to motor (sv14?) . I found the torque head is a good all-purpose tool for both hardwood and carpet so I am not interested in the laser soft roller brush, but would like to see they add white LED or green laser to the torque head.

V15 enhancements over SV14:
Added teeth to torque head to reduce hair tangling but people said it only add hissing noise without noticeable difference in hair tangling.
Replaced fiction sensor with dirt sensor like Tineco S11/S12, it helps extend the battery life.
Green laser on redesigned soft roller.
Enhanced HEPA filter on V15 Absolute.

About V11/V15 vs V10. V11/V15 has significant improvement on battery life and suction. V11/V15 is the first Dyson cordless that can truly replace a corded vacuum for small or medium house.
Damn.. that's good information. Happy I choose the V15 over the V11. Given that i needed the soft roller and the V15 was a better deal.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)