Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

Echelon EX3 Smart Connect Fitness Bike $559 to $599 (Store Clearance YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2023 6:48 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4135 posts
2027 upvotes
Thornhill

[Canadian Tire] Echelon EX3 Smart Connect Fitness Bike $559 to $599 (Store Clearance YMMV)

Store clearance price has been lowered to $599 in most stores.
Meadowvale (Mississauga) is priced at $559 with 17 in stock.

Good quality spin bike, and probably the lowest cost bike with magnetic resistance and electronic resistance control. You can't get electronic resistance control with any Bowflex or Keiser costing many times more.
Current priced at $1000+ at Amazon and Costco.

CAUTION (see update below)
When registering with Echelon, select "Costco" as the place where you purchase from and you get ONE YEAR FREE Echelon membership ($550 value).
Do remember to mark you calendar to discontinue membership if you don't want to continue, and select monthly for subscription option.
UPDATE: some users have their credit card charged, or membership reduced pending verification of where they purchased from. This has not happened to me, so YMMV.

When used with QZ - qdomyos-zwift App (game changer IMHO, well worth getting for a one time fee, no subscription nonsense), you can get Auto Follow Resistance with Peloton Digital Membership App or Zwift, and can sync up/display the Cadence from the bike and Heart Rate from your Apple Watch.

Even if you don't care about auto-follow resistance, QZ Beta's new preset tiles is amazingly convenient for one tap resistance settings, great for intervals.

EX-3 does not have come with any screens, you have to use your own tablet. But it is actually better and easier to set up if you don't plan to use Echelon classes and use other Apps like Peloton and Zwift.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=3997744

Perhaps the only flaw is that there is no forward/backward adjustment of the handle bar. You need to go to EX-5 for that feature.

Last edited by nosnoop on Jan 10th, 2023 2:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
211 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11178 posts
4438 upvotes
Extremely hot deal for the X3.

Great bike and as mentioned above works well with the QZ app, also can be paired with the Peloton app; gives you the full spin bike experience.

Normally over $1K
Last edited by blexann on Dec 7th, 2022 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Sep 13, 2021
52 posts
239 upvotes
I have a perfectly good (and very expensive at the time) "dumb" spin bike that doesn't have any of these fancy integrations. I use Apple Fitness and guestimate how hard I should be going with my resistances and think I'm doing well. But at this price, and the integration of the QZ app this is a very attractive deal. Makes me wonder why they're trying to get rid of them though...

Actively seeking reminders that I don't need this deal Face With Tears Of Joy

Per the Triangle Calculator, if you were to hit the jackpot and get a multiplier, at $599.93:

25x - $59.99 (value in points),
10x - $24.00
Last edited by xYLWbc on Dec 7th, 2022 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 14, 2015
164 posts
110 upvotes
I rode an Echelon for 2 years before upgrading to a Peloton. Can confirm Echelon is a great dupe to a Peloton, it is sturdy and quiet. I used an iPad to watch Peloton classes and had the QZ app on my phone to figure out my resistance/cadence.

I personally wouldn't even bother signing up for the free Echelon membership because I found the Peloton instructors and music to be much more motivating. That is a personal preference though.
Aug 15, 2022
387 posts
454 upvotes
Saw this yesterday and was going to post it tomorrow since there's a promo, "Spend $250+*, Get $50 Bonus CT Money. With Triangle Rewards on Thursday Dec.8".
Dec 29, 2020
7 posts
4 upvotes
For anybody looking to pounce before some kind of Red Flag Deal effect, you can change your preferred store to one with the lower price and where it's still in stock, then buy now and pickup when you get the chance. I'm going to grab mine tomorrow. Maybe I can even finagle the $50 bonus at pickup.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1136 posts
814 upvotes
Toronto
if i didn't own a connect sport from walmart 2yrs back i would buy this in a heartbeat.
for sure no screen needed, i've been using my wife's old ipad and it works just as well as
a built in screen. this has a heavier flywheel and a few other upgrades than my connect sport.
rajojomanik
May 5, 2014
447 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
JefP4149 wrote: For anybody looking to pounce before some kind of Red Flag Deal effect, you can change your preferred store to one with the lower price and where it's still in stock, then buy now and pickup when you get the chance. I'm going to grab mine tomorrow. Maybe I can even finagle the $50 bonus at pickup.
You can also request a price check on these at a store closer to you, go to customer service, give them the store address and they can look it up. It's what I did instead of making the trip out to a further CT location.
Apr 29, 2006
63 posts
32 upvotes
Bought this at CT beginning of October for $649 and I don't regret my purchase.

I've been using both the 1 year free Echelon classes (Costco choice when you signup) and Zwift (with QZ) and its a very good bike, super silent and smooth. I have +500km on the bike already.

I might replace the seat. I thought I'd get used to it but It still hurts when I ride for an hour.

Other than this I can recommend the coospo h808s heart rate monitor ($40) on Amazon if you want to add Heart Rate tracking to your workouts.

Finally, make sure you have someone ready to help you bring this inside your house. This is a very heavy bike and the box is super difficult to handle because of the shape. Two strong people needed.
Sep 23, 2008
929 posts
698 upvotes
These were previously $399 a few months ago, so I'm hoping that it'll drop to that again soon.

Thanks for the post, though, OP!
Selling:
My Soul -- PM Me
Sep 13, 2017
17 posts
24 upvotes
I was able to pick one up for 399 early October. Solid bike for the price, pretty straight forward installation, using it with the QZ app. My only complaint is the handlebar does not have front and back adjustment. Oh, also, make sure to have another person with you for pick up and relocating into your home, it is a HUGE BOX and HEAVY!
Jul 9, 2007
556 posts
78 upvotes
Oakville
Hot deal, I bought mine at Costco for 1300. Solid bike has convenient USB port for charging for device
Aug 15, 2022
387 posts
454 upvotes
There was one left in Ottawa at $399.99 I bought it right away without hesitation and just picked it up. Didn't want to take a chance of it going OOS so I don't care about the $50 bonus tomorrow, $399.99 is a steal!
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2975 posts
868 upvotes
rajojomanik wrote: if i didn't own a connect sport from walmart 2yrs back i would buy this in a heartbeat.
for sure no screen needed, i've been using my wife's old ipad and it works just as well as
a built in screen. this has a heavier flywheel and a few other upgrades than my connect sport.
I'm in a similar situation. I get a lot of use out of my connect support and wouldn't want a screen unless it could be used for Peloton and/or Zwift app (assuming it is locked down to Echelon).

In addition to the flywheel and auto-resistance, it also has a tablet holder. I would buy if I was sure I could sell my connect sport for $400 (~$220 upgrade if you factor in CT money bonuses tomorrow).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4135 posts
2027 upvotes
Thornhill
Bowmanville CT has 3 at $499.
Oct 20, 2019
202 posts
95 upvotes
**** it, i bought one
559 plus tax
redeemed 100 earned 91.8
paid ~530 taxes in cash

cant justify the money on a peloton at the moment with this at a quarter of the price
Jun 16, 2008
399 posts
139 upvotes
Got one from Meadowvale at $560+tax and got $100 back in CT points. Came to $532 total. They wouldn't price match Bowmanville as it was out of their 100km radius

Called a few CTs and price match policy is store dependent now. 1 did 200km radius with other CT stores (original), 1 had a reduced radius for price match, 1 did not price match clearnce items, 1 didn't price match any stores at all. Apparently it's owner dependent now.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2975 posts
868 upvotes
yugo wrote: Got one from Meadowvale at $560+tax and got $100 back in CT points. Came to $532 total. They wouldn't price match Bowmanville as it was out of their 100km radius

Called a few CTs and price match policy is store dependent now. 1 did 200km radius with other CT stores (original), 1 had a reduced radius for price match, 1 did not price match clearnce items, 1 didn't price match any stores at all. Apparently it's owner dependent now.
Does this mean the $50 back is for every $250 increment spent?
Jun 16, 2008
399 posts
139 upvotes
knapper wrote: Does this mean the $50 back is for every $250 increment spent?
No, I had other offers that I combined it with.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)