Canadian Tire

ecobee SmartThermostat w/Voice Control & Smart Sensor $149.93 (Save $140), YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2022 7:42 am
[OP]
Nov 17, 2006
185 posts
166 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] ecobee SmartThermostat w/Voice Control & Smart Sensor $149.93 (Save $140), YMMV

$149.93 (some stores higher, check ST), original price earlier this year was $329.99 for this package.

The ecobee3 "Lite" was clearance at Costco recently for around $100, if you missed that and/or wanted this model, this is decent, not sure it'll drop much further. This one also comes with the smart sensor, previous low from last month was around $190.
Thread Summary
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0529396

Remember, this price is store specific and store inventory counts are always wrong.
60 replies
Jan 1, 2018
854 posts
1457 upvotes
What's the difference with this and the ecobee lite?

Coming up as $290 everywhere near me. Too bad. Any way to get them to match another store?
Oct 23, 2011
79 posts
58 upvotes
Ottawa
KevinT277396 wrote: What's the difference with this and the ecobee lite?

Coming up as $290 everywhere near me. Too bad. Any way to get them to match another store?
The Lite can't control extra equipment like a humidifier, and doesnt have voice control.
[OP]
Nov 17, 2006
185 posts
166 upvotes
KevinT277396 wrote: What's the difference with this and the ecobee lite?

They don't make it easy to compare as their comparison table only has the new Premium/Enhanced versions, but you can jump back and forth between these pages to pick out some details.

This one;
https://www.ecobee.com/en-ca/smart-ther ... -and-Specs

ecobee 3 Lite;
https://www.ecobee.com/en-ca/smart-ther ... -and-Specs

Added 5ghz wireless, occupancy sensor, built in microphone & speaker (for the voice control), and control of additional HVAC equipment (Humidifier, Dehumidifier, Ventilator, HRV or ERV are listed).
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1939 posts
2965 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
I believe this one also can play music from it.

At least my buddy's Ecobee can, we were shocked one time when he resumed playing music from Spotify and we could NOT figure out where the sound was playing from.

Turned out he accidentally pressed the Ecobee in Spotify lol.
Nov 12, 2018
129 posts
140 upvotes
Canadian tire clearance has been great this week.

First the shark vacuum now this!
Aug 20, 2011
51 posts
22 upvotes
Great find. Nabbed one for pick-up tomorrow (fingers crossed order doesn't get cancelled).
Feb 13, 2009
341 posts
152 upvotes
montreal, qc
realise that for these types of thermostats, you need a "c" wire to power it.
many heat systems have it but the wire does not necessarily make it to the thermostat area.

Canadian tire is very difficult giving refunds when the package was opened and possibly would not take the item back if they thought it was connected to something (ie lead wires stripped).
Mar 19, 2016
964 posts
1094 upvotes
canada
dealsssss wrote: Can clearance items at CT be returned?
i have heard people being able to, but per their returns page, clearance items are non refundable.
May 24, 2013
762 posts
216 upvotes
Which version is this?? There's nothing that mentions it.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37373 posts
23437 upvotes
Center of Universe
theBasher91 wrote: Which version is this?? There's nothing that mentions it.
Amazon Alexa version
Nov 25, 2020
29 posts
17 upvotes
ogcmtl wrote: realise that for these types of thermostats, you need a "c" wire to power it.
many heat systems have it but the wire does not necessarily make it to the thermostat area.

Canadian tire is very difficult giving refunds when the package was opened and possibly would not take the item back if they thought it was connected to something (ie lead wires stripped).
The package includes a “Power Extender Kit” (PEK) which is supposed to be a workaround if you don’t have a C wire at the thermostat. I’m no expert so I don’t know what needs to be checked to see if the PEK will work for someone, though this article has more.

https://support.ecobee.com/s/articles/I ... -no-C-wire
Apr 6, 2013
294 posts
287 upvotes
WowserBowser wrote: The package includes a “Power Extender Kit” (PEK) which is supposed to be a workaround if you don’t have a C wire at the thermostat. I’m no expert so I don’t know what needs to be checked to see if the PEK will work for someone, though this article has more.

https://support.ecobee.com/s/articles/I ... -no-C-wire
Its really easy to install the PEK too. If you have 4 wires at your thermostat (missing the 5th C wire) most likely this will work for you.
May 24, 2013
762 posts
216 upvotes
Does it work with HRV? Can't tell what this version is other than alexa enabled Lol
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37373 posts
23437 upvotes
Center of Universe
theBasher91 wrote: Does it work with HRV? Can't tell what this version is other than alexa enabled Lol
Yes, but you need to remove the interlock between HRV and furnace.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
9976 posts
3539 upvotes
ChippewaBarr wrote: I believe this one also can play music from it.

At least my buddy's Ecobee can, we were shocked one time when he resumed playing music from Spotify and we could NOT figure out where the sound was playing from.

Turned out he accidentally pressed the Ecobee in Spotify lol.
Yep, used that feature exactly once. I tried it and it worked, but do we really need our thermostat to play music.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim