Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] EcoVacs Deebot Robot Vacuum Clearance (710 / N79W / 920)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2020 11:00 am
Jun 26, 2013
758 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
I got EcoVacs Deebot 710 for $320 at my near by store with $25 masterpass promotion. Have not opened, looking for reviews. Could not find a lot. Is this worthy?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1087 posts
193 upvotes
sirisak wrote: Have not opened, looking for reviews. Could not find a lot. Is this worthy?
I think it's worth the sale price, based on brand/feature/company reputation, but not the MSRP .... but I do agree, it's a pain to find any sort of reasonable review for this particular unit.
If my post has helped you out, gimme a thumbs up! Buy/Sell/Trade with Confidence!

BST Feedback: 100% Positive on RFD, Heatware, eBay 50-0-0 (closed 2017-08-29), and I use to manage a AT&T Group Plan.
Dec 28, 2006
46 posts
3 upvotes
York
mc_molineux wrote: Can anyone comment on warranty/service and longevity of the Ecovacs? If I'm going to spend $520 a vacuum I want it to last a few years.

Bought a Deebot last year. 11 months in (presently), side brush broke.
Sent email to Ecovacs, got a response in about 1-2 days.
They asked for a video of failure and proof of purchase (indicating machine is still in warranty). They sent me a prepaid UPS shipping label to send the bot for repair (currently enroute).

I run it everyday. Since it's not a mapping model, it runs until it needs to recharge (approx 90min run).
Last edited by deadbolt on Aug 10th, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 8, 2008
477 posts
540 upvotes
mc_molineux wrote: Can anyone comment on warranty/service and longevity of the Ecovacs? If I'm going to spend $520 a vacuum I want it to last a few years.
We have a "dumb" model bought in 2017 for $199 off Amazon (M81 Pro). It's been trouble free after 2.5 years of use every 1-2 days. Expected to replace the battery at some point, but it still seems to have no issues running over our main floor for 90 minutes or so on a single charge.
May 24, 2013
711 posts
149 upvotes
I've got the n79s. Was 80usd a year ago. Work on wifi via an app and integrates and Google home. It's a dumb vacuum but I find it does a good job considering, and has reduced manually vacuuming significantly.

The app supports scheduling. Usually it's on a simple mon/wed/Fri schedule, but since we're working from home now, I've changed the setup a little so it doesn't run on this schedule anymore.

I've integrated it with smartthings and webcore and have it run every time we both leave the house.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1087 posts
193 upvotes
A few notes from me:
  • The battery on my 920 was basically zero when I got it. Just had to mount it on the base to charge for a bit to do initial setup
  • Initial setup was pretty simple, aside from entering the wifi password.
  • There were at least 2 updates to be applied. Mine came in the shipping box, so it was never even put on display.
  • You can add virtual barriers and no-go zones live during the initial mapping. I did this to avoid some areas of the house just to see how it works (and to introduce it to my cat). Will take the walls down after a few runs.
  • Quiet mode is pretty quiet, good enough to run while working from home
  • The Lidar range of the 920 is surprisingly wide. Just more than expected. straight shot is probably 15 feet or so. The map filled in pretty quick.
  • The robot is powerful enough motor wise to move my kitchen chairs around the tile floor when bumping them.
Be aware, I've never used any Robot Vacuum, so this is my first experience.
If my post has helped you out, gimme a thumbs up! Buy/Sell/Trade with Confidence!

BST Feedback: 100% Positive on RFD, Heatware, eBay 50-0-0 (closed 2017-08-29), and I use to manage a AT&T Group Plan.
Oct 26, 2003
946 posts
131 upvotes
Ottawa
Picking up my 920 today, will be interesting how the mopping feature works, wonder how much can it actually mop with such a small tank.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
9227 posts
1449 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have 937 from Costco, only complain is its mopping pad often come loose and detached from body during cleaning, haven't figured out how to fix it
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1087 posts
193 upvotes
oceans_end wrote: Picking up my 920 today, will be interesting how the mopping feature works, wonder how much can it actually mop with such a small tank.
Let me know how it goes. I did my mapping run without the mop attached. Next time I'll set it up to mop with everything connected/setup

Mar 17, 2020
14 posts
13 upvotes
IamTHEvilONE wrote: Let me know how it goes. I did my mapping run without the mop attached. Next time I'll set it up to mop with everything connected/setup
I ran it once with normal water on my hard floors and was ok. I changed to the 2nd cloth and ran it a second time on the hard floors with high water level and it was much better results. Wasn't too much water and left little enough water residue that I was comfortable with on my hard wood.

Overall I am very pleased with it. The vacuum mode is excellent. The mopping mode is good, but to be fair I never expected it to be amazing. Mapping was fast and easy. No go and no mop zones are amazing.
Nov 8, 2013
85 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
don't bother with the Deebot 710. I bought both the Deebot and the Eufy 30c and the Eufy is way better even though it doesnt have a camera.
Jun 26, 2013
758 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
mroboto wrote: don't bother with the Deebot 710. I bought both the Deebot and the Eufy 30c and the Eufy is way better even though it doesnt have a camera.
I was on the fence to open and use the Deebot 710 that i received from Canadian Tire.

Can you elaborate on how Eufy was good, I can return Deebot and get Eufy
Oct 26, 2003
946 posts
131 upvotes
Ottawa
IamTHEvilONE wrote: Let me know how it goes. I did my mapping run without the mop attached. Next time I'll set it up to mop with everything connected/setup
Got it last night, charged to full and started the run. At max suction only got a hour cleaning 50sq m... seems kinda of low for run time compared to my Shark IQ.
Oct 26, 2003
946 posts
131 upvotes
Ottawa
azzurri10881320 wrote: I ran it once with normal water on my hard floors and was ok. I changed to the 2nd cloth and ran it a second time on the hard floors with high water level and it was much better results. Wasn't too much water and left little enough water residue that I was comfortable with on my hard wood.

Overall I am very pleased with it. The vacuum mode is excellent. The mopping mode is good, but to be fair I never expected it to be amazing. Mapping was fast and easy. No go and no mop zones are amazing.
Do you have to set the mopping zones or will it differentiate hardwood vs carpet?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2645 posts
2107 upvotes
Winnipeg
oceans_end wrote: Do you have to set the mopping zones or will it differentiate hardwood vs carpet?
It is capable of differentiating between hardwood and carpet. When it detects carpet, it switches the mopping feature off, pretty cool if you ask me!
I’m not cheap……I’m frugal!!!