Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] EcoVacs Deebot Robot Vacuum Clearance (710 / N79W / 920)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2020 11:00 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1086 posts
193 upvotes
hXcellent wrote: 920 virtual wall works well after firmware update.
Yes, updating the firmware was key to get this to work like I would expect.

Now I have to sort the mopping feature out ... it seems to do a series of semi-circles and gets caught up and thinks that it's blocked ... then returns home.
If my post has helped you out, gimme a thumbs up! Buy/Sell/Trade with Confidence!

BST Feedback: 100% Positive on RFD, Heatware, eBay 50-0-0 (closed 2017-08-29), and I use to manage a AT&T Group Plan.
Jun 26, 2013
754 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
I tried EcoVacs Deebot 710 today. It kept on running until the battery is totally over and it did not even return to base. It skipped thick area rugs, only covered 1/8th of it.

Will try for few more days
May 7, 2007
25 posts
10 upvotes
Kitchener
Just picked up the 920 yesterday in KW (there's still a few units around). I have mostly hardwood, tile and low pile carpet and seems to work really well on those surfaces. Some interesting things I've uncovered:

(1) you really need to have it fully charged before starting if you have a large area to map - it charges fairly slowly, so you need 3-5 hours when you first get it. It needs to do an initial clean to create a permanent map - do not interrupt it e.g. commanding it to return to the charger. Whatever map it created will get thrown out and it starts the mapping process from scratch. Have it do it's initial clean and charge when it decides it needs to. Then the map gets created.

(2) Multi-floor detection is good. Make sure that you turned on "advanced" mode and save your existing map; otherwise it will overwrite it. When moving it to another floor, you need to bring the base station with you.

(3) It has a pretty small compartment to hold dirt, lint and other materials. So you should dump it every time it cleans or it'll get full. I wouldn't use this if you have a dog that sheds like crazy unless you're planning on running it every day.

Thanks OP for the deal!
Jan 25, 2014
106 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, got the 920 and first clean / mapping went well. I have a fairly small house and it was done in under an hour. I did pick things up and cleared my floors which probably helped Quiet mode is quiet enough to run downstairs while not being bothered when I am upstairs. Also picked up a decent amount of dirt after its first clean.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1086 posts
193 upvotes
Yeah, I have 110 m^2 / 1750 sqft main floor. It's more than a full battery to do, so continuous is required here. The main reason is that the main floor is ~30% carpeted (bungaloft) ... with some rug work to do.

It's a little unfortunate that due to having a loft space, it'll bother me during work if running downstairs while I work upstairs as soon as it hits carpet.
If my post has helped you out, gimme a thumbs up! Buy/Sell/Trade with Confidence!

BST Feedback: 100% Positive on RFD, Heatware, eBay 50-0-0 (closed 2017-08-29), and I use to manage a AT&T Group Plan.
May 19, 2019
28 posts
5 upvotes
I strongly does not recommend ecovac, they have problems with warranty in Canada based on Amazon rewievs. They do not sell accessories for my deebot 711 in canada. It available on USA website, but they not ship to Canada. Nothing sold on Canadian website. Aftermarket accessories not available for 711.
Yes, you may find it, but looks like sellers list all models. 710/711 different
Nov 18, 2019
35 posts
31 upvotes
Glad I got the 920. I was almost thinking about returning it before testing because of the cost. After seeing the performance I’ll definitely keep it. If it lasts for 5 years that’s like $10 a month.

I’ve tried probably at least half a dozen less expensive Amazon type robot vacuums in the last 4 years and o definitely appreciate the improvement of this one.
-mapping and virtual walls are awesome. I mapped off so many areas of my house that would have required too many physical walls compared to older models.
-mopping feature on ultra soak actually is decent
-works so well on my low pile carpet that I’m almost embarrassed how full the dust bin was the first time it went over my carpets.
-it’s like a 4x4 vacuum. My old vacuums would get stuck on objects which this vacuum just mowed over and kept going strong (back of one of my recliners specifically).
-google home- labelled my rooms and can now tell it to go to a specific room to clean it when needed.

Only regrets
-battery life. I have a small 3 bedroom place and on the first mapping run it didn’t finish the whole place before running out of battery.
-bottom roller brush is not anti-hair-tangle. Still tangles up with long thick hair like the others

I got the last one in PG. Thanks OP!!!!
Last edited by Practical on Sep 30th, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1086 posts
193 upvotes
angus_w_chan wrote: (2) Multi-floor detection is good. Make sure that you turned on "advanced" mode and save your existing map; otherwise it will overwrite it. When moving it to another floor, you need to bring the base station with you.
Do you need to have two floors mapped before you can save one? I really can't figure out how to save my main floor before going upstairs/downstairs to do another floor.

Nov 18, 2019
35 posts
31 upvotes
IamTHEvilONE wrote:
With both advanced mode and multi floor map settings on, it looks like after the first floor is mapped you can save the first floor.
0DE3B559-F09B-46B4-BA5D-96AAC7EBC023.png
After saving the first map I imagine you’d bring your charger and vacuum to the second floor which would start that mapping. After finished go back in and save the second map the same place that you saved the first
7BBFE962-4E4C-4A41-B4F3-EEB6C18CBFF7.jpeg
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1086 posts
193 upvotes
Apparently after some update to the Android side, there is a save button on the map ... but that fails with a Data Acquisition failure.

So I'll see what happens when I tote it upstairs.

Nov 18, 2019
35 posts
31 upvotes
IamTHEvilONE wrote: Apparently after some update to the Android side, there is a save button on the map ... but that fails with a Data Acquisition failure.

So I'll see what happens when I tote it upstairs.
If you can’t save the first one without that error I assume it’ll write over the first unsaved map.
Saving had no issues on my iPhone. I updated the vacuum software through the app before it’s first use.
Good luck!
May 7, 2007
25 posts
10 upvotes
Kitchener
IamTHEvilONE wrote: Do you need to have two floors mapped before you can save one? I really can't figure out how to save my main floor before going upstairs/downstairs to do another floor.
The Ecovacs website has a handy article to explain how to do it: https://ecovacs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ar ... 920-950-T5

You do need to bring the charging station to the different floor you want to map. I think it's one of the ways it detects that the room is different.