Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Floor-Ceiling Cat Tree ($49.49 - 45% off) & Cat Playset ($59.99 - 60% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2022 6:31 pm
Feb 1, 2020
42 posts
46 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Floor-Ceiling Cat Tree ($49.49 - 45% off) & Cat Playset ($59.99 - 60% off)

(As seen in the CT flyer for March 17 - 23.) We've been shopping around for a decent cat tree for our kittens over the past month - finally something reasonably priced and well-built went on sale. The Three Tier Floor-Ceiling Cat Tree is 45% off at $49.49... while the shorter three-tier Cat Tree Playset is 60% off for $59.99. We weren't sure which our cats would enjoy more, so we bought both.

Turns out they went insane for the floor-ceiling tree, which extends to about a maximum of 9' ceiling. The top extension tube is spring-loaded, and locks securely to the ceiling. I was generally impressed by the build quality and stability. Our living room is now a CTF warzone.

They were less excited about the three-tier cat scratcher/tree playset, but still enjoyed it. It is much shorter - just under 4', so that one went into our basement.

Cat trees are generally pretty pricey, and our last one (from London Drugs) was poorly built and unstable. These are much better.
20 replies
Jun 15, 2019
357 posts
710 upvotes
All right, let's see how it goes.
Jun 17, 2020
31 posts
30 upvotes
I bought this floor-ceiling tree last year, and it was broken this morning, I recommend the Cat Playset, it will be stronger
Sep 5, 2020
144 posts
130 upvotes
Perfect timing, I am planning on building a cat wall so this will cut back on time
May 9, 2020
538 posts
1494 upvotes
Toronto
If your cat is chonky, be careful. These don't look sturdy
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Aug 5, 2015
220 posts
177 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Had the cat playset for a year now and my 8lb cat has never been able to fit inside the box, its too small. Also the scratching posts have unravelled and are falling apart only after a few months, I'd prob avoid unless you have a small cat.
Mar 14, 2009
53 posts
89 upvotes
Kelowna
I have one of these (over a year now). The cat loves it. It does wobble a little but it won’t come down. The cat is a large male and really goes at this thing hard. It is starting to fray and two of the sections will need to be re-carpeted in probably a year.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2008
1178 posts
809 upvotes
Quebec
JamesS86098 wrote: Perfect timing, I am planning on building a cat wall so this will cut back on time
What is a cat-wall?
Sep 5, 2020
144 posts
130 upvotes
Gr4v1ty wrote: What is a cat-wall?
Just a wall dedicated to the cats with various shelves, ledges and climbing points. Gives them a space of their own to explore, exercise through climbing and play. There's products you can get on amazon that are pre-built but they are usually pretty expensive so DIY seems like the better route unless a good deal like this comes around.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1755 posts
1353 upvotes
Montreal
Just clicked on this and saw the picture. No way my cat uses those little platforms to go up the tree. All cat trees seem to be like that. Still voted up for cat related post!
Jul 16, 2021
6 posts
6 upvotes
We have both and our two cats (11lbs each) have zoomed up the floor to ceiling tree at full speed with no consequences. It does start sliding for us as they bounce off of it quite often so you might need to straighten it once in a while! They love pawing at each other on the different tiers.

For the shorter one, they don’t like the hole much as another commenter said it’s pretty small (cause there’s 3 thick poles inside but they love loafing at the bottom and top levels of it. The round top levels are a bit wiggly (we can’t seem to screw it tighter) but they still love it and will loaf on it.

In for another floor to ceiling tree! Eyes thanks!
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3868 upvotes
Nowhere
I have the ceiling to floor cat tree. Cats love it but they had to be encouraged to use it at first. While it hasn't come down, it does move and needs to be adjusted every so often. My cats are rough on it. The carpet started coming off pretty quick. Yes the cats scratch it, but it isn't at all durable. Also the placement of the platforms makes it difficult for the cats to jump from one to the other so I keep the middle facing forward while the other two are to the side. I also have it placed against a Billy bookcase for support because it does move. Unfortunately that means the cats now like to sit on top of the bookcase and like to knock things off it. I paid $39.99 Christmas 2020 but like everything, the price has gone up.
Feb 11, 2009
466 posts
221 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
My cat is too big/chonky. Ordered the playset instead. He's a 15+lb ragdoll mix.
Feb 11, 2009
466 posts
221 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
shoppingBear wrote: My cat is too big/chonky. Ordered the playset instead. He's a 15+lb ragdoll mix.
Changed my mind last minute and got the cat tree. Will see how my chonky cat takes it. :)
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1923 posts
2111 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
JamesS86098 wrote: Just a wall dedicated to the cats with various shelves, ledges and climbing points. Gives them a space of their own to explore, exercise through climbing and play. There's products you can get on amazon that are pre-built but they are usually pretty expensive so DIY seems like the better route unless a good deal like this comes around.
You sound like you've got an interesting house.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Apr 30, 2020
472 posts
526 upvotes
Vancouver
the small cat tree is good for $50 but it's not regularly $150.. for $150 you can get a 7' tall cat tree that has way more levels than this.
I bought a similar cat tree to this one at bosleys/petvalu on sale for around $50.
Sep 1, 2006
625 posts
841 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
shoppingBear wrote: Changed my mind last minute and got the cat tree. Will see how my chonky cat takes it. :)
You probably made the right choice. I owned the playset. My cat is smaller than yours and he barely went inside of it. I feel like it may have been too small, but I could be wrong.

There was nothing wrong with the playset but over time my cat started to only use it for scratching purposes, so I gave the playset to a family member and got this scratching post instead (it was $81.49 in June of 2021 but is now $94): https://www.amazon.ca/Ultimate-Scratchi ... 07W865K8N/
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2484 posts
3179 upvotes
Ottawa
LetsGoWings wrote: You probably made the right choice. I owned the playset. My cat is smaller than yours and he barely went inside of it. I feel like it may have been too small, but I could be wrong.

There was nothing wrong with the playset but over time my cat started to only use it for scratching purposes, so I gave the playset to a family member and got this scratching post instead (it was $81.49 in June of 2021 but is now $94): https://www.amazon.ca/Ultimate-Scratchi ... 07W865K8N/
Amazon Basics for a cheaper version: https://www.amazon.ca/AmazonBasics-Prem ... r=1-5&th=1

Had it for a year now and I'm surprised it's held up. Gotta vacuum around it weekly for all the bits of nail. Happy with it and will order another one when we move. Only the carpeted version available now but I got the wood version. Shouldn't be too different.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)