Apr 17, 2006
3620 posts
1042 upvotes
Toronto
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2008
1011 posts
104 upvotes
Does anyone own the RCA upscaling DVD player?

Can you connect a FAT32 externall HDD to the USB port?

Great price. I bought a Pioneer DV-410V from FS last week for 90 bucks. The RCA has a much better price. Moreover the RCA has optical audio out, which the Pioneer lacks.

Please advise! :)
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1708 posts
729 upvotes
ionic wrote: Does anyone own the RCA upscaling DVD player?

Can you connect a FAT32 externall HDD to the USB port?

Great price. I bought a Pioneer DV-410V from FS last week for 90 bucks. The RCA has a much better price. Moreover the RCA has optical audio out, which the Pioneer lacks.

Please advise! :)
i don;t know about the hard drive, but i would watch out for RCA, last year i bought a dvd player by them and the usb port didn't even work, so i replaced it with another one, and the usb port still didn't work, when finally i bought a philips which worked right away.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
1180 posts
104 upvotes
Whatever happened to the thanks button? Anyhoo, thanks OP for posting the flyer!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2006
1900 posts
84 upvotes
Thanks OP

Does anyone have that energy consumption plug?
Sep 6, 2007
282 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary
scoop wrote: Thanks OP

Yes, got it a couple of months ago. The only cons are that to reset it you have to take out the battery. But not only do I as a bit of an energy geek now know how much power everything in my house consumes, but my girlfriend now "gets" why she cannot plug the iron into the same circuit as the PC and TV are on. She knows what a watt is, and how much things cost in dollars when they are on.

It was a good buy for me at full price.
Feb 26, 2006
475 posts
74 upvotes

FYI all Hamilton Libraries have a similar product called Kill-A-Watt available to borrow, each branch should have one.

You may want to check with your local library and see if they run a similar program.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
2779 posts
820 upvotes
North York
Thanks Rekognize, great job, thanks again for all the help!!!! I am getting the flyer information only on Friday, too, now so I cannot post earlier.
Nov 30, 2002
546 posts
64 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
I almost missed the energy meter sale, I might actually buy one of those.

Also, the ratcheting tie downs are pretty great. I've had mine for ~9months, and used them ~10 times. The frames do rust a tiny bit.. It doesn't look bad, but it causes them to seize up a little. A drop of oil made them good as new.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1250 posts
71 upvotes
ken0042 wrote: Yes, got it a couple of months ago. The only cons are that to reset it you have to take out the battery. But not only do I as a bit of an energy geek now know how much power everything in my house consumes, but my girlfriend now "gets" why she cannot plug the iron into the same circuit as the PC and TV are on. She knows what a watt is, and how much things cost in dollars when they are on.

It was a good buy for me at full price.
If that thing could open pickle jars, you may be out of a job! :D
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2138 posts
877 upvotes
teddy boom wrote: I almost missed the energy meter sale, I might actually buy one of those.
+1, I can't resist gadgets like this. :)
Oct 16, 2008
576 posts
16 upvotes
can that RCA home theatre in a box take additional components such as a karaoke machine?
I used to be me!
Jan 15, 2008
879 posts
52 upvotes
Oil country

YES! Get it! It is one of the best gadgets i've bought (almost as good as my gps).
ken0042 wrote: Yes, got it a couple of months ago. The only cons are that to reset it you have to take out the battery. But not only do I as a bit of an energy geek now know how much power everything in my house consumes, but my girlfriend now "gets" why she cannot plug the iron into the same circuit as the PC and TV are on. She knows what a watt is, and how much things cost in dollars when they are on.
You dont have to take the battery out each time you reset. Just hold down the DOWN arrow key and the small button at the bottom. (Cant remember what its called). Hold these 2 buttons down for a couple seconds and let go after the beep. Done.

I love figuring out what all my electrical stuff costs me to run...
I've got both kinds of Christmas lights (LED and old school), my LED's consume 6w, and my old string of lights consumed 40W! Woot, wont be usin' those anymore.

Who knew a kettle consumes 1200w and costs about 1.5cents to boil water. LOL :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2003
3706 posts
11 upvotes
Any feedback on Cuisinart cookware set - I will not be getting 14 pieces one, but 10 one - is it good?
Bah, too bad the 10 piece set has glass covers - the 14 piece one has stainless steel, but I don't need 14 pieces!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)