Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Folding metal saw horse $12.99 EXPIRED

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2019 2:14 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Folding metal saw horse $12.99 EXPIRED

Pretty cheap price for a standard folding metal saw horse. Leg height not adjustable.

CT lists it for $65 regular price, but in fact it's identical to this Yahu-brand model at Rona which lists for $37: https://www.rona.ca/en/galvanized-steel ... e-22745007
You can get a slightly lighter-duty model at Princess Auto for $20.

So not really 80% off, but still, it's the cheapest I've seen lately if you happen to need a folding saw horse. Much sturdier and more reliable than the cheap plastic ones.
Last edited by Exp315 on Apr 29th, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
206 upvotes
Markham, ON
Last year, it was on sale once for 10.99. I thought about buying it but didn't since then the sales price has fluctuated. I have seen it on sale for 14.99 as well.
Jul 10, 2002
500 posts
234 upvotes
I use mine regularly. They don't seem stable at first but they're really sturdy. I had my washing machine on them this week-end for a repair. Very practical.
Nov 13, 2007
533 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal
I picked up a pair a few years ago for the same 11 or 12$. Very practical for just slapping on a sheet of plywood as a makeshift table.

Clamping stuff on can be a little challenging, but feasible. Also picked up the worx sawhorse w/ clamps that was on liquidation a few months ago.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1386 posts
1797 upvotes
Quebec
These are great for 13$. I grabbed a pair 3 years ago at the same price and never regretted it. Just make sure to not pay more than 13-14$ for each.
Oct 14, 2007
613 posts
1303 upvotes
Thedford
These are sturdy enough when applying weight directly on top, but given the short distance between the legs when the sawhorse is opened they are very prone to tipping over. Example when sliding a piece of plywood over them.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
Old thread on them: canadian-tire-mastercraft-metal-sawhorse-14-2144579/2/
Generally positive reviews from long-time users, and note the comment about latching two together into one unit for storage. They do snap together - would have been nice if they had a diagram showing that.

Now if only I could figure out what the wire with a bead on the end sticking out of one leg is for.
IMG_20190425_213532858.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1417 upvotes
Abbotsford
the bead is just o make pulling the legs out easy.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
DanielM491 wrote: the bead is just o make pulling the legs out easy.
I guess it could be. But it's easier just to grab the leg itself.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1417 upvotes
Abbotsford
Yeah, it seems a bit overkill. But they work well and pack away small.
Mar 21, 2005
434 posts
355 upvotes
GTA
Grabbed a pair. Thank you.

Plenty in stock at Markham location. No need to hurry.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2756 posts
867 upvotes
North York
I gotta laugh at the suggested "regular" price for these Crappy Tire items. I picked up a pair of these for $9.99/each years ago when it was on sale for 90% off :)
Dec 25, 2015
250 posts
187 upvotes
Brighton, ON
Bought these a couple of weeks ago at 19.99. So I took my receipt in to get the difference refunded. "Can't do that, it's a four day sale." I pointed out that I could return them and buy two more. "If they're still wrapped that's fine". What idiots - I bought four (cause I wanted two more) and then walked back in and returned two on the old receipt.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1417 upvotes
Abbotsford
willowberry wrote: Bought these a couple of weeks ago at 19.99. So I took my receipt in to get the difference refunded. "Can't do that, it's a four day sale." I pointed out that I could return them and buy two more. "If they're still wrapped that's fine". What idiots - I bought four (cause I wanted two more) and then walked back in and returned two on the old receipt.
I find that common sense and a simple sense of customer service is really lacking (unless you kiss some major A$$ when dealing with CT staff).
Nice work though.
My favorite return, that involved a CT store Manager, related to a Dewalt grinder that I returned after using it for a week. (as it comes with a 30 day money back "no questions asked" guarantee). The Manager almost had a heart attack when he saw how dirty and used, from grinding concrete, the unit was! Lolololol. Anyway, they still broke the contract by asking why I was returning, I simply said "I feel like it". In actual fact I was returning as it was simply to bulky and I ended up getting a smaller size.
Jan 1, 2011
653 posts
189 upvotes
Kitchener
I've had a pair of these for a couple of years now. Very nice for the price and pretty solid overall. I have more expensive ones from a different retailer which aren't as good. Definitely worth getting on sale.
Sep 4, 2006
570 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
Bought 4. Great price!
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2756 posts
867 upvotes
North York
willowberry wrote: Bought these a couple of weeks ago at 19.99. So I took my receipt in to get the difference refunded. "Can't do that, it's a four day sale." I pointed out that I could return them and buy two more. "If they're still wrapped that's fine". What idiots - I bought four (cause I wanted two more) and then walked back in and returned two on the old receipt.
Good for you and I would have done the same.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)